(Good) Change in Elite Happy Hour on the Silhouette

chamima

23 minutes ago, villauk said:

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the extract as it defaults to the main U.K. page when I hit the link above? TIA.

A new and improved Elite Cocktail Hour

Based on six months of recent testing onboard, we’ve made some enhancements to our Elite Cocktail Hour.

On sailings starting in February, Elite members enjoy unlimited drinks from the Captain’s Club menu from 5 PM – 7 PM, at all bars and lounges throughout the ship excluding World Class Bar and Magic Carpet. The Sky Lounge on Millennium and Solstice Class ships and The Club on Celebrity Edge will be available exclusively for members during the cocktail hour to enjoy their drinks together with canapes. We hope you will take this opportunity to explore different locations on board and experience their unique ambiance.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gordylad said:

can you still take a drink into the mdr?

Yes.

The only downside is that they will not give you multiple drinks at the same time anymore. For example some people used to order 3 Heineken (2 closed ones) and took them to the room.

1 hour ago, Ontario Cruiser said:

So how does it work for the non elite that was allowed to have drinks in the Captains Club lounge between 5 & 7pm?

Ontario Cruiser,

31 minutes ago, FantasticFreckle said:

I am wondering the same thing as my spouse/cabin mate does not have Elite status.

Cabinmates of elite passengers are allowed in the lounge with them but friends, etc. are not.

Last month at least,  the CC Hostess (Rose) was at the entrance of the Sky Lounge from 5 to 7 (next to a very large sign announcing that the lounge was for Elite, Elite Plus, etc. passengers only) and checking status and dress.

(Just for a lark a friend and I tried to see if she would let us in wearing bathing suit cover-ups. We were on our way back to our cabins and had been on the ship almost a month and were in a silly mood. Rose, however, was all business!)

Edited by chamima

Well, actually nothing changed here. But on my last cruise they didn't check the cards anymore when ordering drinks in the sky lounge. Very similar to the earlier days. So probably the non-elite guests could(!) have drinks for free - I don't say they should.

12 hours ago, dundeelass said:

I found this online.

40AF81D2-2459-4FE5-BD5C-5A0B183D75C4.png

Does anyone know what this drink is?  I don't care much for the cocktails on the Elite menu but this one looks like it might have possibilities.  I would assume it's available for Elite menu since it is shown in a Celebrity post.

4 hours ago, crusin'k said:

Does anyone know what this drink is?  I don't care much for the cocktails on the Elite menu but this one looks like it might have possibilities.  I would assume it's available for Elite menu since it is shown in a Celebrity post.

Looks like cranberry juice on ice to me. I hope it's something more interesting...

22 hours ago, villauk said:

Would you mind posting a screenshot of the extract as it defaults to the main U.K. page when I hit the link above? TIA.

I have searched and cannot find any info on the UK site --we didn't receive anything from CC either

16 minutes ago, lara68 said:

It used to be unlimited drinks in the sky lounge on many sailings but never on transatlantic cruises where there are so many elites and elite plus members.  Is this new policy also on a transatlantic?

That change is an overall change for all cruises.

Actually I think the people will drink less because it doesn't feel like "unused drinks" anymore if you don't have the old maximum of 3 drinks.