Welcome Ritual?

Spa tours = Sales pitch . Bring money 😁 Oh ! make sure you get your free pair of spa slippers ,well included in the fare anyways ..

Edited by BoDidly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you go to the spa the first time, along with your wristbands they will give you a container of scrub and a small loofah to use in the rain showers at the spa (or your own stateroom shower).You also get the Elemis products in your bathroom (shampoo & bodywash), and special spa slippers to wear with your robe into the spa.  Enjoy your cruise!

9 hours ago, BoDidly said:

Spa tours = Sales pitch. Bring money 😁 

Oh ! make sure you get your free pair of spa slippers ,

well included in the fare anyways .. ===> LOL!

I couldn't agree with you more!

Spa's are largely an over-priced rip-off

aimed at people who think 'Being Pampered' is a big deal.

I avoid spas like the plague! lol

There is no worse value for money anywhere on any ship,

but if it's your thing, you go right ahead and Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yet the hoards continue to use them.  We have cruisers who almost alway cruise in our groups that speak very highly of the spas and spends mucho dead presidents in each and every one.  Not my cup of tea, but they certainly have their draw.

2 hours ago, Aplmac said:

I couldn't agree with you more!

Spa's are largely an over-priced rip-off

aimed at people who think 'Being Pampered' is a big deal.

I avoid spas like the plague! lol

There is no worse value for money anywhere on any ship,

but if it's your thing, you go right ahead and Enjoy!

I respect your opinion.   I have always enjoyed the spa. I booked at least one massage per cruise.  It's my treat.  I never get massages in my everyday life.  I know they are overpriced and I budget for it.  Yes, I think I "being pampered" is a big deal.  Why do you think it's a bad thing?  We also enjoy the thermal suite.  The T-pool is so relaxing.   I do feel like I'm pampering myself, so what?  You enjoy your cruise your way and I will enjoy mine my way. ☺

Edited by Butterbean1000
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Yet the hoards continue to use them.  We have cruisers who almost alway cruise in our groups that speak very highly of the spas and spends mucho dead presidents in each and every one.  Not my cup of tea, but they certainly have their draw.

So?  I don't  know why people who don't like the spa feel the need to try to make the people who do feel silly for spending their money the way they chose.  I don't gamble, but I don't  judge people who do.  I could say they are wasting their money, but if its how they want to spend their money, more power to them.

6 minutes ago, fabby50 said:

Being pampered is a big deal to me - something that doesn't happen in my normal life.  I am usually the pamper not the pamperee 🙂

Hi

For most, just going on a vacation, is being pampered. 😃 The point for me is that the ships' spa (as well as everything else sold on the ship) are products and services that in most cases can be purchased for less at home. Very often "better" products and services. I am not trying to take anything away from people who enjoy spending their money on the ship. They are on vacation and can enjoy themselves any way they choose. They are in fact somewhat subsidizing those who do not spend much on extras (such as gambling, drinks, spa, pictures, the higher priced suites etc..). The cruise lines just are doing what other companies do. They get people who are happy and celebrating and offer them ways to spend their money. Most of these transactions are just small dollar value, but that is why travelers are always cautioned about not making significant impulse buying purchases while on vacation, unless they are well informed. 

23 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

So?  I don't  know why people who don't like the spa feel the need to try to make the people who do feel silly for spending their money the way they chose.  I don't gamble, but I don't  judge people who do.  I could say they are wasting their money, but if its how they want to spend their money, more power to them.

Ummmm, I was not passing judgement on anybody, jut that the spas are popular, if by saying it was not my cup of tea was misleading.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, fabby50 said:

Being pampered is a big deal to me - something that doesn't happen in my normal life.  I am usually the pamper not the pamperee 🙂

I never understand this. You won't get an hour massage at home for $60, but will get $120 massage on the ship? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coevan said:

I never understand this. You won't get an hour massage at home for $60, but will get $120 massage on the ship? 

Not all of us live in a place where these services are available.  We live in a very small town - the closest massage is an hour and a half away, more indulgent services more like 3 to 4 hours.  Don't get me started on a decent diner out - we have fast food.  A salad is iceberg and anemic tomatoes, bad pizza considered a real treat.  Put me in the don't gamble, don't drink much (maybe one or two cocktails per cruise), but I'll spend money on spa services and specialty restaurants.  You never know where people come from and what may or may not be available locally.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coevan said:

Sometimes, in day to day life at home, it's hard to get the time to be able to get a massage. Weekdays are spent working, ferrying kids to sports and music lessons. The weekends include fun stuff like meal planning and grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc. A vacation offers free time to indulge in something that can feel selfish at home. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, coevan said:

When the $60 massage comes with the view of the blue ocean going by and the opportunity to finish relaxing in a mineral pool and then take a short snooze on a heated recliner, then I'll consider it.  Indulgence is part of my vacation experience.  Obviously it is not for you, but I don't question your decision not to. 

56 minutes ago, ABCGreys said:

Sometimes, in day to day life at home, it's hard to get the time to be able to get a massage. Weekdays are spent working, ferrying kids to sports and music lessons. The weekends include fun stuff like meal planning and grocery shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc. A vacation offers free time to indulge in something that can feel selfish at home. 

it's called me time

47 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

When the $60 massage comes with the view of the blue ocean going by and the opportunity to finish relaxing in a mineral pool and then take a short snooze on a heated recliner, then I'll consider it.  Indulgence is part of my vacation experience.  Obviously it is not for you, but I don't question your decision not to. 

massages on the ship are in closed massage rooms. Who said it's not for me, i get massages in most of the ports from $25-$40 an hour. The CCL massage is a 55 minute rub down and sales pitch, which i do not find relaxing.

2 minutes ago, coevan said:

it's called me time

massages on the ship are in closed massage rooms. Who said it's not for me, i get massages in most of the ports from $25-$40 an hour. The CCL massage is a 55 minute rub down and sales pitch, which i do not find relaxing.

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

it's called me time

Ok, I'm glad for you. FYI, all the messages I've had are in an ocean view room. With the one exception when my husband and I got a couple's massage.  Enjoy your cruise!