Sip n Sail -Beverage Package

cwalmonds

4 hours ago, cwalmonds said:

PUB LUNCH..... any special drinks or beers that only are available at PUB LUNCH?

thabks

On the Coral, and I think the Royal, we have been able to get cans of Boddingtons with our Pub Lunch.  I hope that it will also be available on our upcoming CB cruise.

On 3/14/2019 at 2:07 AM, cwalmonds said:

Never been to VINES...is there just a few wines under $12.... anything else?  What u all do besides drink wine, lol?

Most, but not of all, of the wines at Vines are $12 and under.  After 5 pm they also serve tapas and sushi.

Was on PP Baltic last summer with Sip n Sail. In the dining room, I was asked to sign by my waiter when ordering (had various beer, wine, and after dinner drinks), only place they had me do that but it wasn't being billed to my tab (I checked). Then one night they had a promotional drink where you got to keep the glass, IIRC it was Amaretto in a mini snifter with the Princess logo, reduced price. Others at our table ordered so we just went along and ordered. And signed. And it ended up on the bill. I checked after the fact and that was policy. Ironically, if I had ordered the same after dinner drink without glass, it would have been free for me, but more than the special for the others. Didn't make a lot of sense to me. But you live and learn and in the big scheme of things during a month long trip to Europe, it was not a big deal. :-)

36 minutes ago, irbgolfin said:

Was on PP Baltic last summer with Sip n Sail. In the dining room, I was asked to sign by my waiter when ordering (had various beer, wine, and after dinner drinks), only place they had me do that but it wasn't being billed to my tab (I checked). Then one night they had a promotional drink where you got to keep the glass, IIRC it was Amaretto in a mini snifter with the Princess logo, reduced price. Others at our table ordered so we just went along and ordered. And signed. And it ended up on the bill. I checked after the fact and that was policy. Ironically, if I had ordered the same after dinner drink without glass, it would have been free for me, but more than the special for the others. Didn't make a lot of sense to me. But you live and learn and in the big scheme of things during a month long trip to Europe, it was not a big deal. 🙂

Yeah those type of drinks are not included.

I have had to sign in the DR a few times for included drinks.

1 hour ago, irbgolfin said:

Ironically, if I had ordered the same after dinner drink without glass, it would have been free for me, but more than the special for the others. Didn't make a lot of sense to me. But you live and learn and in the big scheme of things during a month long trip to Europe, it was not a big deal. 🙂

Never expect Princess to make sense. :classic_biggrin: Remember for next time that, even though it costs more without the "special glass" it costs you nothing if you have the beverage package. We've only had the package twice - both times as a perk. I loved having the package but I'm far too cheap to spend that much cash for drinks. I'll just drink less and pay as I go. I really did miss having the freedom of the beverage package on our last two cruises though.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 3:00 AM, Thrak said:

I drank a lot of Talisker - double shots - straight up. Loved it. Loved the Chairman of the Board and the 24K Margarita.

DW likes Absolut on the rocks.  Sometimes when we are out, if she asks for that the waiter comes back with one shot of Absolut in a glass with ice.  It's more a glass of ice with 1/4 inch of liquid on the bottom.  When you ordered your doubles, did each drink count as one or two against your daily max?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

DW likes Absolut on the rocks.  Sometimes when we are out, if she asks for that the waiter comes back with one shot of Absolut in a glass with ice.  It's more a glass of ice with 1/4 inch of liquid on the bottom.  When you ordered your doubles, did each drink count as one or two against your daily max?

Thanks.

The bartenders mainly fees pour - not using s jigger or ***** glass.  Thus, pours are eyeballed - meaning generally heavier than a standard shot. For those of us who drink our liquor neat or in the rocks, as soon as they are familiar with it, the pours get significantly heavier.

If you're wife wants to "legally" get a 1.75/2 ***** pour for the "price" of one drink on the PBP right off the bat, she needs to order a Absolut Classic, no vermouth, on the rocks.  It's an actual drink (well, it's actual the Classic martini, just on the rocks with no vermouth, and it's a full 1.75/2 shot pour under the price cap).  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Thanks.

Yes, they charged it as two drinks but, as reedprincess noted above, after a very short time the drinks got noticeably heavier - at least in Wheelhouse where I was spending most of my bar time. On a 28 day cruise they have time to get to know you. On the 14 day that followed (also with the package) the bars were almost deserted most of the time as Princess had killed the BOGO. I don't see how that possibly made economic sense for them. Once again the bartender quickly recognized that we both had the package and that we didn't share so was happy to pour me doubles and, again, they seemed to get heavier pretty quickly.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

Yes, they charged it as two drinks but, as reedprincess noted above, after a very short time the drinks got noticeably heavier - at least in Wheelhouse where I was spending most of my bar time. On a 28 day cruise they have time to get to know you. On the 14 day that followed (also with the package) the bars were almost deserted most of the time as Princess had killed the BOGO. I don't see how that possibly made economic sense for them. Once again the bartender quickly recognized that we both had the package and that we didn't share so was happy to pour me doubles and, again, they seemed to get heavier pretty quickly.

My DH has had the same experience the 3 times we've had Sip 'n Sail.

• Thanks 1

stronger pours and better service with just a nod of the head, if getting the same drink

a small tip, $ or so, 'may' make that happen bigger, stronger and faster ... sooner

kinda like 'roids

Edited by voljeep
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:51 AM, reedprincess said:

If you're wife wants to "legally" get a 1.75/2 ***** pour for the "price" of one drink on the PBP right off the bat, she needs to order a Absolut Classic, no vermouth, on the rocks.  It's an actual drink (well, it's actual the Classic martini, just on the rocks with no vermouth, and it's a full 1.75/2 shot pour under the price cap).  

We just got in from dinner tonight.  DW ordered an Absolut Classic, no vermouth, on the rocks and guess what she got... She got exactly what she wanted!

Now we know.  Isn't this CC great?

5 hours ago, Daniel A said:

We just got in from dinner tonight.  DW ordered an Absolut Classic, no vermouth, on the rocks and guess what she got... She got exactly what she wanted!

Now we know.  Isn't this CC great?

Excellent.  Glad to help out.. and thanks to my bartender friends aboard for the tips.  Lol..

Happy sails!

• Thanks 1