Veranda to Concierge for Half a B2B?

Katyoparty

Currently booked on a B2B on Solstice Vancouver to Honolulu and Honolulu to Sydney.  We have same cabin for both (1B veranda).  Currently I am seeing we could move to concierge for the first leg for $49 more per person.  My husband thinks it might be a good idea but I'm leaning more toward having the same cabin for the duration.  I understand we'd get more points for concierge but from what I'm reading there isn't much of a difference between concierge and veranda so not sure it's worth it.  I did see an option for a concierge cabin available for both legs but the Honolulu to Sydney portion would be much more expense than what we are currently spending.  Thoughts?

Thank you for your responses. I'm up for points at all times but I don't think I 100% understand the reciprocal benefits between Captains Club and C&A on Royal.  We are Emerald on Royal and Select on Celebrity.  Will the points on Solstice push us up on Royal?  From what I've read you have to have actual nights on Royal to move up.  Appreciate input. 

If points are important to you, I would do it.   Changing cabins is nothing!  Your cabin steward moves everything on hangars.  I think once you become elite on Celebrity you become Diamond on Royal.  Your points on Celebrity go on your Celebrity account.

2 minutes ago, Cookiegirl1329 said:

If points are important to you, I would do it.   Changing cabins is nothing!  Your cabin steward moves everything on hangars.  I think once you become elite on Celebrity you become Diamond on Royal.  Your points on Celebrity go on your Celebrity account.

It's more than moving hangars and suitcases.  You need to pack up everything in the bathroom, dirty clothes, all the stuff in the dresser, shoes under the bed, etc.  Sure it can be done but it's a lot easier just to stay in the same cabin. 

38 minutes ago, Katyoparty said:

Thank you for your responses. I'm up for points at all times but I don't think I 100% understand the reciprocal benefits between Captains Club and C&A on Royal.  We are Emerald on Royal and Select on Celebrity.  Will the points on Solstice push us up on Royal?  From what I've read you have to have actual nights on Royal to move up.  Appreciate input. 

You can only transfer status from one line to another.  If you go on a Celebrity cruise you do no accumalate points on Royal and vice cersa.

I always pick Concierge Class if possible even most people don't see the big benefits.

But in your situation I would prefer staying in one cabin for both cruises. Yes, the stateroom attendant helps you making the cabin change as smooth as possible, but you still have some work with a cabin change.

Maybe you should consider upgrading both legs?