Price Drop

mosenga

I booked my cruise during the 3 For Free Promotion and received OBC and paid gratuities.  I see now that the price for my cruise has dropped since I booked it.  I am before final payment.  Am I able to take advantage of the price drop without losing the OBC and gratuities?

I disagree.  When I have a sale booking and the sale is still on but my stateroom fare has gone down and my category staterooms are still available, I just call Princess and they refare me to the lower price and I keep all my perks I have with my booking.  Keep the same Confirmation #, etc.  Now, if you were to rebook for some reason, then yes, it is like starting all new with a booking and you only get what is available at the time of the "new" booking.  Even if the sale type has changed, if all I want to do is refare, I have been able to do so.  Maybe I just got a real nice Princess rep!!!!!!!

Pooh

1 minute ago, PoohUnderstands said:

I disagree.  When I have a sale booking and the sale is still on but my stateroom fare has gone down and my category staterooms are still available, I...Pooh

That isn't the case here ... In this case the sale is gone ...

Sometimes ... the agent will drop the price and leave the sale ... but not always....

The price hasn't dropped sufficiently to cover the free gratuities from 3 for Free.  It's a different promotion right now.  I probably need to wait to see if it drops below the amount the free gratuities would cover.

I have 3 bookings under the 3 for free- one dropped during the sale and we re-fared and kept the perks because the sale was still on. That same booking the price dropped again during this current promo but if I re-fared we would save about $1 per person, which isn't worth it. 

The second one we ended up saving around $85 per person under the new promo, even after losing free grats.

Third one the new promo doesn't save us any money.

5 hours ago, mosenga said:

The price hasn't dropped sufficiently to cover the free gratuities from 3 for Free.  It's a different promotion right now.  I probably need to wait to see if it drops below the amount the free gratuities would cover.

I would give Princess a call and see what they can do for you.   I was under the same promotion a couple of months ago, then saw a price drop and new promotion so I called Princess.  I not only got the price drop, but also received more onboard credit.  Good luck.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 53sunset said:

I would give Princess a call and see what they can do for you.   I was under the same promotion a couple of months ago, then saw a price drop and new promotion so I called Princess.  I not only got the price drop, but also received more onboard credit.  Good luck.  

Never hurts to ask ...

2 hours ago, paul929207 said:

If the sale you booked is still on, you can keep the perks. If it has ended, then you cannot 

Best Answer 

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

Never hurts to ask ...

Runner up

Edited by Ep010835

11 hours ago, Coral said:

Not really. There can only be one rate code per booking. You get one or the other.

guess someone has never heard of an 'override code' - when you get past the first rep, then the supervisor can

be a friend ...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

guess someone has never heard of an 'override code' - when you get past the first rep, then the supervisor can

be a friend ...

Nope. Doesn't exist.

Edited by Coral