Balcony Discount

5 minutes ago, Bee Guy said:

What is the amount of discount D & D+ receive for balcony bookings?  

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$175* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$275* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$375* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

• Like 1

If you are booking 2 rooms for your family, can you put one person in each room that gets a discount to book and get discounts for each room, then change the room assignments later (assuming only 2 people in the group can get the discount but want to be in the same room ultimately)? 

35 minutes ago, LuckyAshley said:

If you are booking 2 rooms for your family, can you put one person in each room that gets a discount to book and get discounts for each room, then change the room assignments later (assuming only 2 people in the group can get the discount but want to be in the same room ultimately)? 

Yes

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Just for info: For European bookings the balcony discount amounts are not fixed anymore and in most cases significantly below above.

I believe the amount of the balcony discount appears to vsry because of the way RC calculates the fake discount.  They apply the balcony discount, then compute the fake discount, so that in effect they have reduced the amount of the balcony discount by the fake discount percentage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jcol5786 said:

I didn't realize the balcony discount only applies on bookings 6 months out. Thanks for the clarification.

If true, that is a new policy.  My understanding was that the amount of the balcony discount is decreased by $25 if booked (or changed) less than 6 months in advance of the sailing date.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

If true, that is a new policy.  My understanding was that the amount of the balcony discount is decreased by $25 if booked (or changed) less than 6 months in advance of the sailing date.

Yes, I booked a 5 night May cruise in January and we actually got $63 each 'discount' so $126.

i thought the D discount was to move upto the next level balcony for the same as the lower level

eg  book a 1B and pay 2B price

has that now changed?  (edited just had a thought this could be Celebrity rules i'm confusing)

Bob , do you know if these discounts are automatically available booking online or do we need to ring up to get them.

i booked guarantees recently and was not eligible

Edited by bogofman

9 minutes ago, bogofman said:

i thought the D discount was to move upto the next level balcony for the same as the lower level

has that now changed?

I think that is on Celebrity 

8 minutes ago, bogofman said:

has that now changed?

That sounds like a Celebrity Elite perk, not a Royal perk.  Royal's balcony perk is a discount on any stateroom wth a balcony.

• 2 weeks later...

How or when is the balcony discount applied? If I log as myself ( D+) I see a price for balcony room. If I use another browser without logging in and look at the same sailing the price is the same. How to I get the D+ discount?

34 minutes ago, BillHana said:

How or when is the balcony discount applied? If I log as myself ( D+) I see a price for balcony room. If I use another browser without logging in and look at the same sailing the price is the same. How to I get the D+ discount?

Are you doing a mock booking, or just looking at the price?   By doing a mock booking and entering your C&A number at the appropriate place, you can see the price difference.  (Watch for the "See if you qualify for exclusive rates" link.

Edited by Bee Guy

33 minutes ago, BillHana said:

You have to enter your C&A number in the field on that particular web page.  Being logged in alone does not give you the balcony discount.

8 minutes ago, molole said:

Can it be combined with other perks or on going sales?

Some yes, some now.  If Royal deems a price to have a element called an "instant discount", then the balcony discount is not combinable.  It's Royal's way of lowering a price to all, except for those who have C&A balcony discounts.

• Like 1