Sunrise Progress

matt082600

5 minutes ago, Luke Saint Joe said:

Yes, Jimbo5544. We are on the same TA. Carnival Radiance, Barcelona to NYC, June 11-23, 2020.

Oh...I misunderstood.   I thought you meant the Sunshine, then we will def have to say hi.  Only traveling with one other cabin for that one, but we are really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Oh...I misunderstood.   I thought you meant the Sunshine, then we will def have to say hi.  Only traveling with one other cabin for that one, but we are really looking forward to it.

Hey Jimbo! They are friends of ours. 😃

• Like 1

We're on the Sunrise for the Jun 24th 8night Bermuda&Grand Turks cruise. Our last "contact" with a Carnival ship was Sept 2009 when the Legend hit our ship RCCL Enchantment in Cozumel.

Our very first cruise was on the Triumph Aug 2002 5night NYC to Canada, ever since then we got the cruise bug and haven't stopped. Sunrise June 24th will make our 22nd cruise over various cruise Lines RCL, X, MSC and Carnival.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Those new Extended Balcony Grand Suites on deck 5 don't appear to have a big balcony as shown in the new deck plans. Also, it appears that most of the new Aft  cabins on deck 5 have mostly steel balcony instead of all glass. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I am booked in cabin 5343, which is one of those grand suite extended balconies on the 10 day leaving June 10. I will report back on the actual size of the balcony.  I am hoping that this is a case of "looks can be deceiving". I paid a hefty premium for that cabin and I really hope that it is larger than it appears from these pics.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stobe1 said:

I am booked in cabin 5343, which is one of those grand suite extended balconies on the 10 day leaving June 10. I will report back on the actual size of the balcony.  I am hoping that this is a case of "looks can be deceiving". I paid a hefty premium for that cabin and I really hope that it is larger than it appears from these pics.

I hope you are right that it will be better than what we can currently see from the pictures. Would appreciate getting your feedback when you sail in that cabin in June.

Thanks and have a great cruise.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I hope you are right that it will be better than what we can currently see from the pictures. Would appreciate getting your feedback when you sail in that cabin in June.

Thanks and have a great cruise.

If your signature is accurate, it looks like the June cruise will be your triumphant return to Carnival after a long hiatus and switch to (primarily) RC?  (I know you see what I did there.)

Hope the refurb meets your anticipation. No pressure, whale tail!

Edited by KmomChicago

1 minute ago, Maraprince said:

Anyone know if the Sunrise will have a mini breakfast buffet available like the Sunshine on deck 5 or 6 near the area where people sign up for anytime dining?

MARAPRINCE

that was at ocean plaza..the sunrise does not have an ocean plaza area 

7 hours ago, KmomChicago said:

If your signature is accurate, it looks like the June cruise will be your triumphant return to Carnival after a long hiatus and switch to (primarily) RC?  (I know you see what I did there.)

Hope the refurb meets your anticipation. No pressure, whale tail!

Hahaha :classic_biggrin:

Actually I am looking forward to a radiant return after a long hiatus. I am booked on Carnival Radiance next year. So since Sunrise and Radiance will have almost the exact same enhancements, I have a keen interest to see how the refurbished Sunrise looks. So I look forward to seeing the final product of Sunrise. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Hahaha :classic_biggrin:

Actually I am looking forward to a radiant return after a long hiatus. I am booked on Carnival Radiance next year. So since Sunrise and Radiance will have almost the exact same enhancements, I have a keen interest to see how the refurbished Sunrise looks. So I look forward to seeing the final product of Sunrise. 

I will be attending the naming ceremony on May 23 before sailing on her on July 22 and will be reporting back on both of these as they occur.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Maraprince said:

Anyone know if the Sunrise will have a mini breakfast buffet available like the Sunshine on deck 5 or 6 near the area where people sign up for anytime dining?

MARAPRINCE

I know what you are talking about and was wondering the same thing!  On embarkation day, we had a bar-b-q lunch there!  I was wondering about the comedy club - The Limelight Lounge...it was just awful on the Sunshine...

5 hours ago, Maraprince said:

I am referring to an inside deck area and not an outside one.

MARAPRINCE

The Ocean Plaza is inside, it's the Lanai that is outside. There doesn't appear to be an Ocean Plaza on the Sunrise. 

22 minutes ago, WMQueenie said:

I know what you are talking about and was wondering the same thing!  On embarkation day, we had a bar-b-q lunch there!  I was wondering about the comedy club - The Limelight Lounge...it was just awful on the Sunshine...

The Comedy Club is in the same location as the Sunshine, however the stage has been reconfigured to eliminate the seats that didn't have a view of the stage. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I will be attending the naming ceremony on May 23 before sailing on her on July 22 and will be reporting back on both of these as they occur.

Thank you for doing that. Have a great time at the Naming Ceremony. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I will, if there is something specific you would like to see,I can try and get a pic

If possible, pictures of the inside and balcony for both the Extended Balcony Grand Suite on the aft of deck 5 and the Grand Suite on deck 7. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

If possible, pictures of the inside and balcony for both the Extended Balcony Grand Suite on the aft of deck 5 and the Grand Suite on deck 7. Thanks.

If I can get to them when they are servicing them that morning, I will do my best.