Sunrise Progress

matt082600

I'm sailing her in July and have seen some posts and pictures of the work and progress being made on the ship.  Does anyone have pictures vids of the work/progress being made on the ship?  If so, post away!  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, mdin said:

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for changing the ship's name?

marketing  to increase bookings

By renaming the ship, Carnival is advertising the ship as "BRAND NEW" and other similar wording.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, CruiseAdict218 said:

Hope this doesn’t go against the rules but there’s groups/blogs on Facebook that’s been sharing construction photos (CCL Miami Blog) but spell out the full name.

they removed all of the photos they posted before and now they rarely post any pictures.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tidecat said:

Amazingly the deck cam is still on, although you may not see much besides a dumpster where the Continent pool was.

EB73AB0A-5E76-49A1-88D2-D2832E32C7A1.png

Agreed.  I keep checking it, but obviously it has a very limited view.

23 hours ago, mdin said:

Out of curiosity, what's the reason for changing the ship's name?

They are going to be practically gutting the ship and revovating it completely.  It's the same thing they did with the Sunshine.  I don't remember what her name was before the transformation, but all the public areas, etc. were completely revamped, moved around, new venues added, old ones removed.  If you do a search for Sunshine renovation you will get an idea of what they are about to do with the Sunrise.  

6 minutes ago, Qchell said:

They are going to be practically gutting the ship and revovating it completely.  It's the same thing they did with the Sunshine.  I don't remember what her name was before the transformation, but all the public areas, etc. were completely revamped, moved around, new venues added, old ones removed.  If you do a search for Sunshine renovation you will get an idea of what they are about to do with the Sunrise.  

Sunshine was Destiny before her refurbishment.

I am actually a little sad when they gut the ships and rename them. I was glad that on Sunshine they had the "before" and "after" photo area and all the awards/plaques displayed that Destiny had received. Hopefully they do the same for Triumph. I will enjoy sailing the "Sunrise" in September!

• Like 1

All I know is I passed Triumph and she was one rusty beat up looking ship. It looks like they stopped maintaining her in order to save money to do this. I am one of those people that did not realize she was an old ship being remodeled. I usually do not sail on CCL but thought it was a brand new ship going to Cuba so I booked. it. So their marketing works.

I am sure it will be great and I am excited to go to Cuba. I booked 4 cabins and am giving it to my kids for Christmas.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:34 PM, shof515 said:

marketing  to increase bookings

By renaming the ship, Carnival is advertising the ship as "BRAND NEW" and other similar wording.

Also I think its kind of a damaged named at this point. Fair or not, I think a lot of people view it as the worst ship in the fleet even before they step foot on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, matymil said:

Also I think its kind of a damaged named at this point. Fair or not, I think a lot of people view it as the worst ship in the fleet even before they step foot on it.

i would love to cruise on the original poop ship

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

What difference is there in a name, the only ones that really same to care are the bashers here.... go figure

It matters because some people, like a previous poster in this thread, believe Sunrise is a new ship and they think they are booking a cruise on a new ship. 

You can can imagine my surprise when I booked a cruise on Mardi Gras last month. I thought I was booking a cruise on Carnival’s oldest ship, only to find out later I booked a cruise on a new ship that is under construction. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It matters because some people, like a previous poster in this thread, believe Sunrise is a new ship and they think they are booking a cruise on a new ship. 

You can can imagine my surprise when I booked a cruise on Mardi Gras last month. I thought I was booking a cruise on Carnival’s oldest ship, only to find out later I booked a cruise on a new ship that is under construction. 

I get it but does that really change your cruise experience?  Did you book the Mardi Gras because it was a 30 year old ship?

59 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

Regardless of the transformation, it will forever be known as the "poo cruise" or "poo ship"

Just lipstick on a pig...... :classic_rolleyes:

So....have you booked yet?  Have not heard the lipstick line in at least a couple of days...it has gotten much funnier

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

Nope, and I don't plan on.

LOL, it was humor, the point came across loud and clear.  But thanks for the ultra clarification.  There could be a reason for ship makeovers (from the client perspective), the Sunshine consistency ranks among the most popular and she was THE lowest ranked as the Destiny.  That said, obviously the choice is yours....  but thanks for comments, a Walmart reference would have made it complete. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

What difference is there in a name, the only ones that really same to care are the bashers here.... go figure

You seem to be quite the carnival cheerleader. I am not canceling but I am now worried as I was unaware she was the poop disaster ship when I booked her. And despite what you think 9 out of 10 people love the entertainment on Oasis class ships. I am guessing you have not been. 

Hopefully Carnival can turn this ship around. Otherwise I am going to be pretty embarrassed I gave it as a gift to my entire family.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2019 at 1:53 AM, matymil said:

They are just modernizing their ships.  They are doing the same thing to the Victory and she didn't have a bad record for problems.

7 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

You seem to be quite the carnival cheerleader. I am not canceling but I am now worried as I was unaware she was the poop disaster ship when I booked her. And despite what you think 9 out of 10 people love the entertainment on Oasis class ships. I am guessing you have not been. 

Hopefully Carnival can turn this ship around. Otherwise I am going to be pretty embarrassed I gave it as a gift to my entire family.

Hmmmm, does making comments in a positive light on threads for that cruise line make you a cheerleader?  Do I say that anyone who makes negative comments a basher?  Name calling so adds to the conversation, it supports your point so well.  I have actually sailed on Oasis and did a review of that cruise both here and over on the Royal threads, you might want to read it.  Oasis class ships are a technical marvel (I doubt you will read my review) but found significant areas that were less then stellar, among them was having to plan for shows (you know the entertainment some rave about), which I found 2nd class and ruining my cruise experience and making it more of a DIsney trip.  The nickel and diming that occurred astounded me (Johnny Rockets with a $10 charge per person, $3.50 for a tiny bad of popcorn for the outside movie, $3 for orange juice at breakfast and on and on.  Their steakhouse paled in comparison to Carnival’s.  Being bounced around trying to find a restaurant for breakfast because they were full....you can get the drift,

Now, for the Sunrise....  I sailed her when she was the Triumph and booked on her this summer out of New York, leading a group of about 100 on her.  Despite what some have said here, the additional cabins will be fine.  Despite what was quoted, there will actually be tables in dining for everyone to sit at and eat.  They have done this conversion before and will be doing it again.  I went on the Sunshine (someone here does not see the relevance, but it certainly is) and the Destiny (what she was before) and the changes far exceeded my expectations of what the ship had before and after (name change aside).  

There is nothing Carnival needs to turn around here, the ship has sailed since the power failure a LONG time without incident.  Do you want to degrade the thread with off color names more, that is fine, I wonder if you will with your family???  All that said, I hope you have a wonderful family cruise, I have no doubt that ours in July will meet my expectations.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

They are just modernizing their ships.  They are doing the same thing to the Victory and she didn't have a bad record for problems.

The ship will be fine, don’t let the negative nellies bother you.  She was fine before this work begun and will be fine after.

• Like 2