Sunrise Progress

matt082600

30 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Carnival just posted this shot of SUNRISE ..on Facebook

Looks like she's coming out of the yard, post dry dock and renaming

SUNRISE.jpg

Very nice! Looking forward to some daytime photos of the ship! Especially the interior!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, v3cruiser said:

Very nice!

Looking forward to some daytime photos of the ship! Especially the interior!

Didn't someone in a post (above) provide a link to such interior shots?
I didn't exactly click on it to see -but thought that was the case?

Try this...

https://www.cruisehive.com/sneak-peek-at-inside-newly-transformed-carnival-cruise-ship/31289

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 5:32 PM, stobe1 said:

I am booked in cabin 5343, which is one of those grand suite extended balconies on the 10 day leaving June 10. I will report back on the actual size of the balcony.  I am hoping that this is a case of "looks can be deceiving". I paid a hefty premium for that cabin and I really hope that it is larger than it appears from these pics.

Stobe 1.....I am on that same Journey's cruise.

42 minutes ago, cruznurse said:

Hey jimbo5544, that's great about going to the naming ceremony!  Anything special being done on the 5/23 cruise for the naming? Will it interfere with our embarkation? Can't wait for the cruise!!

I do not have the answer, if the advance info is correct, it will be different than past ones in which the ceremony was done the afternoon the night before.  If it is truly that morning, knowing the New York terminal, I cannot imagine it could not affect the embarkation.  I have not seen anything on whether there will be something special for that cruise, but all should become clear in the next week or so.

1 minute ago, stormy_weatherman said:

I would think the interior work is still being done as it crosses the Atlantic to Norfolk, which probably explains the lack of interior shots at this time. Probably over the next few days to week they'll start pouring in. 

From the photos posted via the link above, it looks like the majority of the interior work has been done leaving the small detail work and clean up for the crossing over. 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

I do not have the answer, if the advance info is correct, it will be different than past ones in which the ceremony was done the afternoon the night before.  If it is truly that morning, knowing the New York terminal, I cannot imagine it could not affect the embarkation.  I have not seen anything on whether there will be something special for that cruise, but all should become clear in the next week or so.

thanks for the info and keeping us updated...looking forward to cruising her real soon!!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 9:57 AM, Shirleybird said:

Does anyone know why it isn't or when, the Carnival Sunrise will be added to the "Select Ship" on the drop down menu of these boards?

Just a guess, but could it be that it hasn't been christened as yet?

MARAPRINCE

37 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

The Sunrise naming ceremony will be at 11 on the 23rd... should be over by the time embarkation starts.

thanks jimbo5544....I can't wait for the sailing on the 23rd. I will be one of those impatient souls in the priority lounge waiting to board her 😀

16 minutes ago, cruznurse said:

thanks jimbo5544....I can't wait for the sailing on the 23rd. I will be one of those impatient souls in the priority lounge waiting to board her 😀

Me too!!!   I think by the time our train gets into Penn and we taxi over it will be 11:30ish so hopefully can be boarding shortly after check-in.    Wonder what our platinum gift will be!    Also, when we did the Horizon's first sailing from NYC last May, we got some kind of commemorative key chain.   

A month from today we'll be on Sunrise!  I will be enjoying the last sea day on the aft wrap balcony!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mizLORInj said:

Me too!!!   I think by the time our train gets into Penn and we taxi over it will be 11:30ish so hopefully can be boarding shortly after check-in.    Wonder what our platinum gift will be!    Also, when we did the Horizon's first sailing from NYC last May, we got some kind of commemorative key chain.   

A month from today we'll be on Sunrise!  I will be enjoying the last sea day on the aft wrap balcony!

Nice!!