P&O Portunus points

PAMJP

Having not cruised on P&O for a number of years, does anyone know if our points earned before the launch of Peninsular points are carried forward.  We still have our loyalty number which was accepted when we pre registered for a future cruise on Iona for March 2021. If the points are carried forward is it same for same.  Many thanks for any information that may be available.

P&O have changed the name of the loyalty scheme and the points system a number of times.  I think the reason is quite simple excessive numbers of top tier people.  I think the latest change happened in 2000 but I might be wrong.  It is ten points per night, some earlier points were removed from the tally and in the latest scheme an element of recency has been introduced for the top tiers.

It is somewhat complex and contacting P&O direct with your member number will be helpful when you speak to the loyalty desk at Carnival House.

Regards John

17 hours ago, PAMJP said:

Having not cruised on P&O for a number of years, does anyone know if our points earned before the launch of Peninsular points are carried forward.  We still have our loyalty number which was accepted when we pre registered for a future cruise on Iona for March 2021. If the points are carried forward is it same for same.  Many thanks for any information that may be available.

You will recieve all your days of cruising after 2000. As per the change mentioned by John above.

P&O and most other lines contacted people last year as part of a GDPR  exercise to get people to re-register with them. If I remember correctly this was supposed to be to get permission to retain personal information.

Dont know how this might impact on people coming back after a long period of time who did not give permission as, in theory, they should not have retained these archived details. 

It would be interesting to hear how you get on with this Pamjp once you contact P&O.

11 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

P&O and most other lines contacted people last year as part of a GDPR  exercise to get people to re-register with them. If I remember correctly this was supposed to be to get permission to retain personal information.

Dont know how this might impact on people coming back after a long period of time who did not give permission as, in theory, they should not have retained these archived details. 

It would be interesting to hear how you get on with this Pamjp once you contact P&O.

They did say that anyone not registering would be picked up when they next cruised.

We haven't cruised with P&O for about 5 years but we are booked on Britannia in a few weeks. We 've accrued around 3500 Peninsular points since 2000 and they are still valid.

As an aside is there still a welcome reception when boarding at Southampton?

If so can anyone advise where it is likely to be held on Britannia please?

4 hours ago, jake 26 said:

We haven't cruised with P&O for about 5 years but we are booked on Britannia in a few weeks. We 've accrued around 3500 Peninsular points since 2000 and they are still valid.

As an aside is there still a welcome reception when boarding at Southampton?

If so can anyone advise where it is likely to be held on Britannia please?

Yes there is still a welcome aboard reception for those Caribbean and above and Mini Suites and Suites but dont know where it is held it might vary depending on numbers.

8 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Yes there is still a welcome aboard reception for those Caribbean and above and Mini Suites and Suites but dont know where it is held it might vary depending on numbers.

Thanks for that.

I'm sure they'll tell us the venue at check in, but as we haven't been on Britannia before it may be a challenge to find it!

1 hour ago, jake 26 said:

Thanks for that.

I'm sure they'll tell us the venue at check in, but as we haven't been on Britannia before it may be a challenge to find it!

They might not tell you at check in but ask as soon as you get onboard because they are not always willing in letting you know.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

They might not tell you at check in but ask as soon as you get onboard because they are not always willing in letting you know.

That's not very welcoming of them . Sounds like  the landside customer services haven't improved!

The people at check-in have probably never been on a ship so wouldnt know once you get onboard and they scan your cruise card ask anyone around where it is being held if you cannot find anyone go to reception and ask there.

Thank you all for your replies, I have just rang P&O Peninsular Club and they confirm that our points gained when it was called Portunus Club are transferred over to existing club. We also are treated as past cruisers to get booking discount.  Waiting now to see which cabin we have been allocated on Iona, email sometime today! Once again thanks. Pam

Edited by PAMJP

25 minutes ago, PAMJP said:

Thank you all for your replies, I have just rang P&O Peninsular Club and they confirm that our points gained when it was called Portunus Club are transferred over to existing club. We also are treated as past cruisers to get booking discount.  Waiting now to see which cabin we have been allocated on Iona, email sometime today! Once again thanks. Pam

Good news. Hope you get the allocation you want.

Have a lovely cruise.

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, majortom10 said:

The people at check-in have probably never been on a ship so wouldnt know once you get onboard and they scan your cruise card ask anyone around where it is being held if you cannot find anyone go to reception and ask there.

They are employed by the cruise terminal and not P&O. They usually can't do much more than check people in. Even problems tend to get passed to one of the officers lurking from the ship .

On 3/18/2019 at 9:55 AM, Eglesbrech said:

Good news. Hope you get the allocation you want.

Have a lovely cruise.

Yes we had what we wanted, only problem was I waited until 5pm for email but nothing arrived, so I rang and confirmation had been sent to an old email address we no longer have! Quickly rectified and confirmation received after a couple of minutes. Good customer service from P&O!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PAMJP said:

Yes we had what we wanted, only problem was I waited until 5pm for email but nothing arrived, so I rang and confirmation had been sent to an old email address we no longer have! Quickly rectified and confirmation received after a couple of minutes. Good customer service from P&O!

Now there's a novelty.:classic_biggrin:

On 3/18/2019 at 9:29 AM, PAMJP said:

I'm pleased for you Pamjp that you have been able to transfer your points, but this annoys me immensely because we had accumulated about 21 nights' worth of points. We stopped cruising for quite a few years and when we resumed, my husband specifically asked if we could carry over the points to the new system and was told yes, but when we received our points statement they had not been added. He contacted P&O and this time was told no. We would now be well into Atlantic tier rather than languishing in Pacific - not that it makes much difference these days, but it's the principle.

1 hour ago, Balaena said:

Shame that our POSH club days can't be incorporated into the points system

Bal

Provided you have sailed on a Princess Cruise on one of their ships prior to 17 December 2017,  your POSH club days era P&O cruises are recognised by Princess.  In fact Princess recognise cruises on P&O since Vectis 1904 with the aforementioned proviso.  Sadly my P&O cruises only started in 1968.

Regards John

2 hours ago, groovechick said:

I'm pleased for you Pamjp that you have been able to transfer your points, but this annoys me immensely because we had accumulated about 21 nights' worth of points. We stopped cruising for quite a few years and when we resumed, my husband specifically asked if we could carry over the points to the new system and was told yes, but when we received our points statement they had not been added. He contacted P&O and this time was told no. We would now be well into Atlantic tier rather than languishing in Pacific - not that it makes much difference these days, but it's the principle.

Just to clarify, our points for Posh club weren't carried forward from our first cruise in 1996 as they said that cruises before 2000 don't qualify as there was no loyalty scheme. So our 13 night cruise in 1996 is excluded from the transfer of points, so we also don't get these additional 130 points.