Hot water immersion wand

easyliving

The terms usually state that you can't take any heating element of any sort without an automatic shut off.... I think curling irons are the only exception.  

My guess would be no.  You can always order a thermal pot of hot water from room service if it is just the coffee you'd like to make on your own ... and then use a french press from there.  But, my guess is that would defeat your purpose.  

Phooey.  After many cruises we still can't come up with a coffee solution.  We are as fussy about our coffee as some are about their wine.  We get the coffee card but still are not crazy about it so think it's the water.  We can use bottled water but can't boil it.  I guess French Press is the best way.  Can we bring coffee grounds on board?  

1 hour ago, easyliving said:

Phooey.  After many cruises we still can't come up with a coffee solution.  We are as fussy about our coffee as some are about their wine.  We get the coffee card but still are not crazy about it so think it's the water.  We can use bottled water but can't boil it.  I guess French Press is the best way.  Can we bring coffee grounds on board?  

Yes, you can bring coffee grounds on board. 

2 hours ago, easyliving said:

1 hour ago, Spikesgirl said:

Yes, you can bring coffee grounds on board. 

Yes, you can bring coffee onboard, but please do not send down the sink drain, nor dump loose grounds in the garbage can.  Your cabin steward sorts that garbage by hand at the sorting station, so please bring some ziplock bags to put the grounds in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, easyliving said:

Trying to find a way to make my own coffee.  Is this immersion wand permitted on board?

Suggest you read the cruise contract you agree to when when cruising. You'll find almost anything that has the potential of causing a fire is prohibited. Since your asking this question, I'm guessing that document may be eye opening.

Last year I met a gentleman who made fresh coffee every morning.  He brought his three favorite coffee bean and would grind his pick of the day and pack it into to his "Travel Portable French Press Coffee MUG", all in one.  He got his hot water at the Horizon Court Buffet Coffee Station, where I first met him.  Must be a Coffee Connoisseur, cause he would only drink fresh ground coffee.  

1 hour ago, Gimer said:

Must be a Coffee Connoisseur, cause he would only drink fresh ground coffee.  

At home, we grind each pot fresh every day. Onboard the ship we don't have that option.