Report on March 2 Southeast Asia Cruise on the Millie – VERY LONG

Suskies

WOW -  what a difference two (2) years can make, since it has been that long for our last voyage on Millie..

Very nice upgrade to be sure..

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your voyage with us... and those photos, too!

bon voyage

WOW -  what a difference two (2) years can make, since it has been that long from our last voyage on Millie..

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your voyage with us... and those photos, too!

bon voyage

WOW -  what a difference two (2) years can make, since it has been that long from our last voyage on Millie..

bon voyage

bon voyage

Many thanks for the great review and especially the pictures. We`ll be setting out from Dubai on Constellation, which we love, to join up with Millennium in Singapore in January of 2020 . It`ll be like two entirely different cruise ships but we won`t be comparing. Thanks again

3 hours ago, elaineb said:

I know a silly question - but....how is the hair dryer?  I am leaving on Sunday for the Summit and am debating if I need to bring my own or not.  Thanks!

I find the hairdryers on all the Celebrity ships to be adequate. Haven't brought my own in years. I do bring some duct tape so that you don't have to keep the on button pressed.  Just wrap it around the handle part a few times and you are good to go for the whole cruise.  Just plug the dryer in when you need it and unplug it when you are done. 

Edited by ecslady
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, ecslady said:

I find the hairdryers on all the Celebrity ships to be adequate. Haven't brought my own in years. I do bring some duct tape so that you don't have to keep the on button pressed.  Just wrap it around the handle part a few times and you are good to go for the whole cruise.  Just plug the dryer in when you need it and unplug it when you are done. 

Agree, but I use a thick rubber band to hold the button down.

Thank you Suskies for ypur time, energy and effort with this thread.  It's much appreciated.

One question:  You referred to table sizes in the MDR - that many (most?) Were two tops and close together.  We typically do select and ask to be seated with a larger group - usually it's a table for 8.  Have those been replaced with two tops?  (Say no - please.)

Thank you so much for taking the time to do an in-depth review and for posting pictures. We will be doing the same cruise in December so it was so helpful to get all the information. 

Except for the overnight in Bangkok where the passports are needed did you leave them on the ship for the rest of the ports and just take copies?

Since you had such a long line for a taxi at disembarkation in Hong Kong do you think it would be wise for us to prebook a car for pickup? Especially since we'll be three or four people.

On one of the other threads ( if I remembered correctly) someone mentioned they needed to bring passport photos is this something that is required?

I'd also like to see some photos from the various ports. Glad to hear you had such a great cruise. 😀

15 hours ago, ecslady said:

Wonderful Review and Fantastic Pics!

Question - Did the chairs on the balcony recline like the old ones did?  They don't look like they do from the pic.

Just a couple of notches not fully flat 

4 hours ago, jkgourmet said:

Thank you Suskies for ypur time, energy and effort with this thread.  It's much appreciated.

One question:  You referred to table sizes in the MDR - that many (most?) Were two tops and close together.  We typically do select and ask to be seated with a larger group - usually it's a table for 8.  Have those been replaced with two tops?  (Say no - please.)

No, there are plenty of large tables for 8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, elaineb said:

I know a silly question - but....how is the hair dryer?  I am leaving on Sunday for the Summit and am debating if I need to bring my own or not.  Thanks!

It depends on your hair. Mine is short and fine. If U had long thick hair I'd probably pack a more powerful dryer.

1 hour ago, SF said:

Thank you so much for taking the time to do an in-depth review and for posting pictures. We will be doing the same cruise in December so it was so helpful to get all the information. 

Except for the overnight in Bangkok where the passports are needed did you leave them on the ship for the rest of the ports and just take copies?

Since you had such a long line for a taxi at disembarkation in Hong Kong do you think it would be wise for us to prebook a car for pickup? Especially since we'll be three or four people.

On one of the other threads ( if I remembered correctly) someone mentioned they needed to bring passport photos is this something that is required?

I'd also like to see some photos from the various ports. Glad to hear you had such a great cruise. 😀

You need a copy of your passport for the Vietnam Visa. If you forgot it, you can get a copy made when you check in. The ship collected all passports in Bangkok and returned them after our last Vietnam port. 

We took an extra paper copy of our passports ashore in every port, just for peace of mind. We also took the ship's daily planner with the port onformation.

1 hour ago, SF said:

Hard to say about the car pickup. It would be very expensive. Our hotel said something like US$150. We were called off the ship early, so the wait for a taxi didn't put us behind schedule. If the weather was bad, or if you had limited time in HK, it might be worthwhile.

1 hour ago, SF said:

You do not need to bring passport photos. They use the one they take when you embark.

9 hours ago, Suskies said:

You need a copy of your passport for the Vietnam Visa. If you forgot it, you can get a copy made when you check in. The ship collected all passports in Bangkok and returned them after our last Vietnam port. 

We took an extra paper copy of our passports ashore in every port, just for peace of mind. We also took the ship's daily planner with the port onformation.

Actually, we take paper copies of our passports with us no matter where/when we travel outside of the USA. 

The daily planner has other information on it to - IIRC, the local US Embassy, emergency numbers for Celebrity, etc.

Did you dock at the new pier in Halong Bay?  Were any of the ports "tender" ports?

Do you know how far it is to the mall in Halong Bay? 

Is the cable car near the port?

Do you know if the Taxi's accept American Currency?

We have a cruise booked for the full day in Halong Bay but we're trying to decide what to do the first day since we don't get in till 12 noon.