Opinions Pls Adventure vs. Grandeur

21 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Baltimore is not much of an upgrade over beautiful/gorgeous Bayonne.

With flights soo cheap why would anyone want start their vacation in one of those towns? I've found it's much cheaper to sail outta Florida/Puerto Rico. The cheaper cruise makes up for paying for the flight. IMHO

We've typically found it cheaper to fly and cruise versus cruise from driveable ports and Baltimore is an hour away for us so that would be easy but the cruise prices are usually high enough we come out ahead flying even a day early and adding hotel, etc.

That said, February for Grandeur is very appealing for me as weather can impact flights and road BUT I think we'd have more of a shot at the roads if the weather went crazy!  

18 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I assume Adventure from Bayonne and Grandeur from Baltimore?  If so, I'd probably do Baltimore just because you never know how long Royal will have a ship there.

Agree...biggest thing for us booking NE cruise is sailing out of Baltimore...versus the "lovely" experience of sailing out of Cape Liberty.  😮 

1 hour ago, SRF said:

DO NOT SAIL ON GRANDEUR.

YOU WILL HATE IT.

HORRIBLE, JUST HORRIBLE.

Hmm, maybe that will scare them away and leave more cabins for us to book.

In a couple of weeks, it will be our 3 cruise on Grandeur, all in the same cabin.

She is not a floating amusement park.  But the staff is fabulous, and the shows have been good.   And good relaxing CRUISE.

Hmmm...nope...nice try.  LOL...I am still keeping my B2B next year.  😉 😄 

Edited by island lady

34 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

With flights soo cheap why would anyone want start their vacation in one of those towns? I've found it's much cheaper to sail outta Florida/Puerto Rico. The cheaper cruise makes up for paying for the flight. IMHO

I am flying FROM Florida to Baltimore.  😉  

Believe it or not...we Floridians don't all restrict our cruising to just out of Florida ports.  

Edited by island lady

30 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Cause I am tired of Nassau and Cozumel, et al.   I am limited to 4/5 nights right now.

OP:  

Adventure is a Voyager class series.  Smaller than Freedom class, larger than Radiance class and Vision class comes in even smaller than Radiance class.

Grandeur is Vision class and just a bit bigger than Majesty.  

Adventure has an inside Promenade, Grandeur does not (Centrum area).  

ALSO... Northeast sailings are typically longer (i.e. 11/12 nights available in the winter time to the Southern Caribbean). Leaving from Florida is the same old week long East/West, Serenade being the exception most times. I booked Serenade on an 11 night for next year and it was very close to the price of my 12 night out of Baltimore this year. 

1 minute ago, bowler15547 said:

ALSO... Northeast sailings are typically longer (i.e. 11/12 nights available in the winter time to the Southern Caribbean). Leaving from Florida is the same old week long East/West, Serenade being the exception most times. I booked Serenade on an 11 night for next year and it was very close to the price of my 12 night out of Baltimore this year. 

When we cruise out of PR, we meet many from the northern climes that find flights cheaper to book to PR, than to Florida.  Plus the cruises out of PR are cheaper.  

19 hours ago, rimmit said:

We did the 12 night on the grandeur last March to the southern Caribbean. It was very enjoyable and very relaxing. We had actually scheduled it again for this March, and then they canceled the cruise for a dry dock. Now we are getting on the six night Bahama Cruise that they replaced the 12 night with.The only negative is if you’re someone that likes to sit by the pool, the first couple and last couple days may be a little cool.

The best asset of the grandeur is it’s crew. In my opinion, it has the best crew in the fleet.

We had also booked that same cruise on the Grandeur. We moved over to the 12 night Feb 8 cruise next year.

1 hour ago, ShillyShally said:

We've typically found it cheaper to fly and cruise versus cruise from driveable ports and Baltimore is an hour away for us so that would be easy but the cruise prices are usually high enough we come out ahead flying even a day early and adding hotel, etc.

That said, February for Grandeur is very appealing for me as weather can impact flights and road BUT I think we'd have more of a shot at the roads if the weather went crazy!  

Well, then hopefully see you on board in Feb!😉

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Hmmm...nope...nice try.  LOL...I am still keeping my B2B next year.  😉 😄 

Umm.  I don't know.  I agree with SRF.  Terrible, horrible ship.  I guess that's why we've cruised on her so much, just hoping it will get better 🙂

5 hours ago, Beachammo said:

35 minute drive from my house.  No flights involved. 😄

5 hours ago, ariesknowbest said:

I was on the Grandeur last year this time and out of the 50+ cruises I have been on this ship was my LEAST favorite.  It was in desperate need of updating....it was loud (they had loud music playing 24/7 thruout the ship).  It was difficult to get drinks (one bartender on at a time and no waiters/waitresses).  

Personally, I wouldn't go on the Grandeur again if someone gave it to me for free.  JMO

Hmm, I wonder how you managed to make the crew that mad at you........

Never had a problem with staff.  They have gone above and beyond, time after time.

"Loud" music?  Hmmm, maybe at the 70s party.  Most of the rest was easy listening level.

But please, feel free to never sail on her again.  So many of us do not have to meet you. 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BND said:

Umm.  I don't know.  I agree with SRF.  Terrible, horrible ship.  I guess that's why we've cruised on her so much, just hoping it will get better 🙂

Oh...just awful I am sure!!  I am guessing I will just detest my B2B with her next year.  Guess I will just have to suffer through the experience.  😉 😄