Mighty Cruise ships - Koningsdam

Qextor

If you missed the airing tonight, here is the current schedule, although I know that it will also be on later in the month. I think it will also be available for streaming, but possibly only if you subscribe to the channel through your local cable provider.

image.png.7f1099860d558fa857e8c083c3f7ebd5.png

Thank you for letting us know about the episode, MisterBill. I was supposed to go on a Norway cruise this past summer and though I'm booked for August 2021, I'm not sure that's even happening with the news that the Nieuw Statendam is deploying to North America for April. It was also a nice bonus that Captain Timmers was profiled, he was truly wonderful with my group and me during a Eurodam cruise.

On 12/1/2020 at 1:30 PM, MisterBill99 said:

I have my DVR set to record all new episodes of MCS, so I was pleasantly surprised to find it in the recording schedule. 

Same here.  And I hadn't seen this thread yesterday, so I was happily surprised to see on my DVR this morning that a new episode of MCS had been recorded.  We were supposed to sail on the Nieuw Statendam in January; I guess this will have to do for now.  

On 12/2/2020 at 9:36 AM, dfilpus said:

Loved seeing Chef Rudi.

I was on that sailing and had no idea he was on board! And I actually had a reservation at Sel de Mer and walked out because their special was not fresh from our stop that day in Bergen (whee they have a huge fish market) as I had been told it would be!

On 12/1/2020 at 10:21 PM, VMax1700 said:

Koningsdam is from Series 3.  In Ireland & UK, Quest TV(a Sky TV channel) has started showing Series 4. 

S4/Ep 1 - Seven Seas Explorer (broadcast on 24th November) 

S4/Ep 2 - AIDAnova (being broadcast as I type...!!)

S4/Ep 3 - Diamond Princess ( next week, December 8th - could be interesting!)

I understand that Nieuw Statendam is the feature of a future episode in series 4, so looking forward to that.

Watched the episode on Seven Seas Explorer and found it pretty bland.  Wouldn't get me excited to try them.

The episode on AIDAnova was interesting enough.  I was surprised at the amount of English language being used, though whether this was just for the cameras or not, it was hard to decide.  Certainly all the officers had excellent language skills.  

On 12/1/2020 at 10:21 PM, VMax1700 said:

Koningsdam is from Series 3.  In Ireland & UK, Quest TV(a Sky TV channel) has started showing Series 4. 

S4/Ep 1 - Seven Seas Explorer (broadcast on 24th November) 

S4/Ep 2 - AIDAnova (being broadcast as I type...!!)

S4/Ep 3 - Diamond Princess ( next week, December 8th - could be interesting!)

I understand that Nieuw Statendam is the feature of a future episode in series 4, so looking forward to that.

S4/Ep4 - Nieuw Statendam!! 😁  It is being broadcast in UK/Ireland on Tuesday 15th December at 9p.  I have ordered the popcorn.

• Like 1

I caught the last 30 minutes of the Koningsdam MCS show the other day. I wished they focused more on the ship and less on the cruise itself. Although seeing the baby reindeer at the North Cape, made me want to visit there at some point. 

Season 3 is only showing here on our Discovery. I wonder when Season 4 will arrive. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 3:47 PM, VMax1700 said:

Sorry! We recorded it and will look at it over the weekend.  Will report back!

A belated update..... the episode on Diamond Princess was not very enjoyable.

But, we have just watched episode 4 - Nieuw Statendam!

Excellent viewing, only let down by some poor editing.  It was great to watch her leaving Port Everglades under the watchful eye of Capt. Sybe de Boer for her inaugural Caribbean season (February 2019?).  She visits St Thomas, San Juan and HMC.   The island (HMC) looks stunning on the TV.

To be honest, we have watched it twice already and might have repeat viewing tonight!

• Like 1