Mighty Cruise ships - Koningsdam

Qextor

On Discovery Channel, Mighty Cruise Ships is back for season 3, and is kicking off with a show about the Koningsdam.

It's fun going 'behind the scenes' a little bit, and seeing new ships.

Edited by Qextor
  • Like 5

You will need to check your listings for that.  Use the search function on your PVR or your cable provider may have have webpage that has such information.  In my area though, it's on Sunday afternoon (March 31)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Qextor said:

On Discovery Channel, Mighty Cruise Ships is back for season 3, and is kicking off with a show about the Koningsdam.

Love that program.  Can't wait for this episode.  Mum and I saw mighty ships tonight and they featured the Marco Polo doing a baltic cruise.  The Marco Polo reminded me in size of the Prinsendam.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Qextor said:

You will need to check your listings for that.  Use the search function on your PVR or your cable provider may have have webpage that has such information.  In my area though, it's on Sunday afternoon (March 31)

Might be on Discovery Canada, but I do not find it on Discovery USA this weekend.

18 minutes ago, caribill said:

Might be on Discovery Canada, but I do not find it on Discovery USA this weekend.

I can’t find the episode on either Discovery or Smithsonian channel. Usually Mighty Ships and Mighty Cruise Ships air on Smithsonian for me - I have Google Fiber Tv and live in Atlanta, so .......

1 minute ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I can’t find the episode on either Discovery or Smithsonian channel. Usually Mighty Ships and Mighty Cruise Ships air on Smithsonian for me - I have Google Fiber Tv and live in Atlanta, so .......

I had also checked Smithsonian and it is not listed there for Houston either.

I'm finding more recent episodes on Amazon Prime for sale (not included in an Amazon Prime subscription). It appears as if some people have posted some videos on YouTube, Vimeo, or Dailymotion so we may have to hope that someone does the same for the Koningsdam! I have seen some other cruise lines actually post their Mighty Ships videos on their website so maybe HAL will do the same?

I don't have a television and I'm living abroad right now so watching it on television isn't an option unfortunately. 😞 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 9:28 PM, Qextor said:

I

It starts at 8pm Atlantic Time. About 30 minutes from now. We cruised on the Koningsdam in 2016 and loved it! Excited to watch the episode.

From Discovery Canada in Eastern Standard Time.

7:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Koningsdam is Holland America's newest, largest and most technologically advanced ship; sailing the narrow Norwegian fjords on a mega-ship presents numerous challenges for the bridge team.

NEXT AIRING

> Sun Mar 31 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
> Mon Apr 1 5:00 AM - 6:00 AM
> Sun Apr 7 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Edited by RoyalVisit
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

Watching now and loving it. We'll be doing (almost) the same cruise this summer, but on the Nieuw Statendam. Great preview!

The episode makes me want to go to Norway! it was funny to see the captain looking down from the bridge onto the cabin we stayed in which had a large balcony that guests from above could see too. ☺️

My PVR automatically records this so thankfully it taped the first episode of the new season of Mighty Cruise Ships tonight. Love this series.

Found this on the Holland America site noting where the series can be found other than Discovery Canada.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/blog/topics/news/koningsdam-to-be-featured-on-mighty-cruise-ships/

If you’re in Canada, mark your calendars for this Sunday, March 31st at 7:00 PM (EDT) to watch Koningsdam on Mighty Cruise Ships and make sure to follow @HALCruises for more information on airing times in other markets. Can’t wait to watch? Get a sneak peek below!

Some of us are going to wait. I also doubled checked my TiVo (RCN Chicago) listing and it's not scheduled for this week. Then I checked the HAL Blog. 

I quite enjoyed the episode - it was 50% about Norway and shore excursions, 25% on the bridge/about the captain, and 25% about the ship, mostly the chefs and dance troupe.  Didn't see as much of the ship as I would have thought, but still enjoyed it.