Mighty Cruise ships - Koningsdam

Qextor

6 minutes ago, Qextor said:

I quite enjoyed the episode - it was 50% about Norway and shore excursions, 25% on the bridge/about the captain, and 25% about the ship, mostly the chefs and dance troupe.  Didn't see as much of the ship as I would have thought, but still enjoyed it.

I wish there had been more about the ship too but also enjoyed it.  We love Captain Timmers-had him in January on the Kongingsdam-such a great sense of humour.  

• Like 1

We got the show Sunday night at 7 p.m. on Discovery Canada.  I love this series and loved the program, especially since I'm doing the Voyage of the Midnight Sun next month on the Rotterdam.  However, even though both cruises were 14 days, the Rotterdam is doing a few more ports.  Nothing like getting a sneak preview of one's cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted the Smithsonian Channel about when they would show the new season of MCS. Here is their non-committal answer.

Thank you for contacting us. There are a number of factors that determine whether a show is available in the Smithsonian Channel app or as part of the Smithsonian Channel Plus subscription, but we are working to expand our content offerings to make more seasons and episodes available. At this time, we do not have an air date for the new season of 'Mighty Cruise Ships'. Please make sure to visit watch.smithsonianchannel.com where you can search for all available programs by title. 

Edited by MisterBill99

The show was excellent as are all Mighty Ships and P.S. they also do an equally wonderful series on Mighty Trains.

The Canadian government provides $ to the production of the show, which I do not understand.

I was very impressed with the show's emphasis on the food acquisition, prep and the special dining option in the room with the crystal curtain which lifts and lowers.  The ship showed a classy passenger group but definately not a old fashioned HAL. Modernized to be sure.

4 hours ago, kaiiak said:

Last week on the Nieuw Statendam they were filming the series again. My son and husband got interviewed during their excursion in San Juan.  They were all over the ship filming each day.

How exciting for you and them!  I hope they make the episode and you get to see them!

Strange that they would be filming the exact class of ship though.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Strange that they would be filming the exact class of ship though.

Well, it's their newest ship. And it's a completely different itinerary, obviously.

I really enjoy the series but I wasn't a fan of their dramatic stuff like "Oh no, the watermelons are not acceptable, will they get replacements before the ship sails"? For the Canadians out there, what was the dramatic part on the Koningsdam episode?

Edited by MisterBill99

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 6:23 PM, HMSDingy said:

Although I'm Canadian, I don't have  Discovery Channel & I'm not going subscribe just for one episode. Would appreciate any link where I can view it .  

Have you tried going to their website? It will probably give you an option to purchase a single episode. I cannot since it is not yet available in the US. Here is the Canadian link for the episode:

https://www.discovery.ca/Shows/Mighty-Cruise-Ships/video?vid=1642225

Edited by MisterBill99

On 3/20/2019 at 8:28 PM, Qextor said:

On Discovery Channel, Mighty Cruise Ships is back for season 3, and is kicking off with a show about the Koningsdam.

It's fun going 'behind the scenes' a little bit, and seeing new ships.

Marvelous!  I love the Mighty Ships show and the Koningsdam.  I’m going to search for this episode.  I love ships!

8 minutes ago, taxmantoo said:

It was available in Canada a few months ago on our Discovery Channel and can still be seen as re-runs or "On Demand".

Yes, I know it's been shown in Canada. It has not in the US and until it does, it's apparently not able to be sold on a per-episode basis.

The poster's information says he is in Atlanta, GA.

Edited by MisterBill99

4 hours ago, Qextor said:

Try Youtube.  I've found lots of similar shows there.

It's a copyrighted program. It is not available there (and yes, I just checked, even though I knew I wouldn't find it).

Edited by MisterBill99

1 minute ago, Qextor said:

Fair enough.  There are other ships from that season there, so I thought the Koningsdam would be as well.

There is a one minute preview but not the entire episode. I'd be surprised if there are any full episodes there from any season since they are available for purchase once they are shown in your country.

Edited by MisterBill99

1 minute ago, Himself said:

I have never seen the show and I am NOT a lover of the Koningsdam, 

The show is quite good.  If you ever have access to it, I would say give it look. 

As far as liking the Koningsdam, different strokes for different folks.  We can't all like the same things.  So it's good that there are choices out there.