Princess Cruisers trying Ovation

36 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

I'm confused. Isn't bumping the point of riding a bumper car?

Yup...they don’t call them non-bumper cars!

As for iFly...our sessions (did it twice) lasted 4 minutes per person...with a time counting clock visible from inside the chamber.

An absolute memorable experience!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

I'm confused. Isn't bumping the point of riding a bumper car?

Bumping is definitely what happens with bumper cars, no bumper cars I have ever ridden allow head on collisions.  These two morons were targeting people.  One would hit head on and then the other would immediately t bone them.  Every ride we have ever gone on has everyone going around in a circle and collisions are always on a side or the back.  

7 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Bumping is definitely what happens with bumper cars, no bumper cars I have ever ridden allow head on collisions.  These two morons were targeting people.  One would hit head on and then the other would immediately t bone them.  Every ride we have ever gone on has everyone going around in a circle and collisions are always on a side or the back.  

Any bumper cars I have ridden in the US went mainly one direction. In Sicily, many years ago, I had a great time on what might be called a "free for all" ride. It was cool to do as a 25-year-old.

11 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Thank you very much for the quick response.  I have not yet sailed on anything bigger than Allure

You still won't have. Ovation is a Quantum-class ship, somewhat smaller than the Oasis-class Allure. I believe MSC Cruise Line has a ship bigger than the Oasis-class.

On 3/23/2019 at 1:15 AM, HappyCruiserettu said:

We have MyTime Dining. I expect that we will most often eat in the WJ buffet, but how does MyTime work with the MDR's? And  is there a difference in the food at the various MDR's, or is it just the decor? I gather that we can either make reservations, or just drop in, like a land-based restaurant.

At the appropriate times, can I expect to find grits, prime rib, bread pudding and creme brûlée? Are the sodas Coke or Pepsi products? Is there an omelet station?

Food, obviously, is high on my list of things to do.  

MyTime Dining works pretty much like Princess' Anytime dining.  For a while we were booking exlusively Princess cruises because they were the only line that had eat when you want in the main dining room.

The menus are themed and change each night, although some dishes carry over night to night.

At night the Windjammer may or may not have some of the items being served in the main dining room that night.  I am not sure if there are two "sides" for the Windjammer.  If so, for lunch and dinner, if both sides are open walk around both sides because sometimes there are items are only one side.

There is prime rib certain nights in the dining room.  I believe Creme Brulee is offered every night in the dining room.

Also don't miss the warm dark chocolate cookie with ice cream for dessert.   Don't miss the red pepper soup in the MDR.    Also, they should have a wonderful salad bar and dessert bar in one of the main dining rooms on Sea days.   Since you are a foodie, you might want to get a dining package.  I hear Wonderland is amazing.   We love Jamie's.

The meat plank, truffle pasta, lamb chops, and cheesecake at Jamie's were all delicious and worth the upcharge.    The Solarium Bistro is a nice change of pace and no extra charge.  The Solarium is a quiet place to curl up with a good book.  Also visit 270 during the day for the views.

Edited by Crazy planning mom

On 3/22/2019 at 11:15 PM, HappyCruiserettu said:

We have MyTime Dining. I expect that we will most often eat in the WJ buffet, but how does MyTime work with the MDR's? And  is there a difference in the food at the various MDR's, or is it just the decor? I gather that we can either make reservations, or just drop in, like a land-based restaurant.

At the appropriate times, can I expect to find grits, prime rib, bread pudding and creme brûlée? Are the sodas Coke or Pepsi products? Is there an omelet station?

Food, obviously, is high on my list of things to do.  

Unlike Princess, you can actually make MyTime reservations that work.  But not required by any means.  Food identical in all dining rooms.  You will be assigned to one of the two MyTime dining rooms but the checkin area is shared by both and they could actually seat you in the other.  By the way, if your kids like squashed pennies they have machines in each dining room entry.  And waiters often have pockets full of pennies.  No quarters needed.

Like Princess, Coke products.  Fountain gun at bars if you have a soda or drink plan, or Coke Freestyle machine on many ships for more variety.  Freestyle machines require use of the plastic cup.  Prime rib often first night in dining rooms, not sure about buffet (although they often have carved beef at lunch).  

And on the iFly mostly you just hover - instructor didn't try to move adults around.  You really need to try this!

1 hour ago, LeeW said:

And on the iFly mostly you just hover - instructor didn't try to move adults around.  You really need to try this!

Agree. A really fun experience...and we're well over 50.

As for the bumper cars...it must be a terrible thing 🤣 - the wait was more than an hour in line, and the average age was over 30 when we tried it.

121418 E4 OVATION OF THE SEAS_Ship Exploring_SEAPLEX.jpg

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 1