How are the Swans doing, 2019

44 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Sometimes Gut is very gracious.

43 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

It is scary how much alike we look, so he must be ugly, and i was taught to be nice to those less fortunate, (you know have to follow the lions rather than the mighty Blues)

Yes, Gut is really talking his mate up. And following the Lions just to be a nice guy. Doesn't get better than that. You'll love Buffalo, especially in the winter--all that snow and wind off the lake. Bracing. Of course, they also have Niagara Falls (but the Canadian side is generally considered nicer). 😊

Congrats to the Roosters, but unfortunately the better side lost. Needless to say the Raiders lost in a tight game 14 - 8.

I am rather disappointed that another Grand final has been marred by numerous refereeing decisions that were just puzzlingly wrong, even with video evidence going against the decisions. Such a shame.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Congrats to the Roosters, but unfortunately the better side lost. Needless to say the Raiders lost in a tight game 14 - 8.

I am rather disappointed that another Grand final has been marred by numerous refereeing decisions that were just puzzlingly wrong, even with video evidence going against the decisions. Such a shame.

The refs are a disgrace this year.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Now, I can honestly say I only know a little about league football, but it seemed the refs were terrible. It's such a shame to have a GF marred by bad referring. We had NSW visitors for a few days and we were all sitting watching the match last night. They were supporting the Roosters and DH and I were supporting the Raiders. 

Leigh

Yeah, apparently one betting agency was so disgusted with the game, they refunded the money to the people who had the raiders to win. If it was cricket, the governing body would be investigating the refs match fixing.

At least 3 major incidents -

1. the trainer interfering with play decision,
  2. the professional foul and no penalty try decision, and
  3. the six again- not again decision.

I hardly watched the game and have had a catch up this morning. The game really need a new way to start the game after in play “mistakes” the chargedown hitting the trainer is a case in point (same as if it hits the ref) in the modern game feeding the scrum guarantees you the ball, there needs to be a system where each team has a chance of coming up with the ball in those situations.

The change of Call was a disgrace it robbed the Raiders of the chance to make a proper 5th tackle play, at the very least.

I didn’t think there was any grounds for a penalty try, I don’t think you could say he was certain to score, but that is nearly always an opinion call.

51 minutes ago, NSWP said:

The Raiders were robbed, commiserations Mic.   The Ref should be sacked and the ARL should order a replay.

If I was betting, I would have my money on the Roosters anyway, but after that performance I do feel the Raiders were the better side and would have been worthy winners.

The Raiders are really my adopted first team now, as Balmain, do not exist anymore. West Tigers are their replacement, but I do not really care about the NRL as much anyway.

3 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Obviously they should close that whole sport down and everyone move over to Aussie Rules..

I am sure there have never been any umpiring issues in our game.

Possibly a good solution, In high scoring games the decisions may not impact as much as in close low scoring affairs.

20 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Obviously they should close that whole sport down and everyone move over to Aussie Rules..

I am sure there have never been any umpiring issues in our game.

Now, what game would that be my friend? 🤣

Edited by NSWP