Miami Hotels - how far in advance

SJNB

Looking at rooms for Feb 7 2020 in Miami. Does anyone know if most hotels should be available now? When I look at some Hilton brand properties it is showing no availability in January/February

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with Hilton hotels for my November cruise.

They are not full but some don't book this far out. You can call the hotel to ask but I am pretty sure that booking will open soon. I finally booked at 10months out.

• Like 1

I had the same issue with Hilton hotels for my November cruise.
They are not full but some don't book this far out. You can call the hotel to ask but I am pretty sure that booking will open soon. I finally booked at 10months out.

Thanks. I called the hotel I was looking at and they said they will be posted in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked the Hyatt Regency for 3 nights starting Dec. 25 and the price has actually gone up since then. I have the option to cancel up until a few days before departure if I find something better. My advice is book something you can live with and can cancel if need be. Sometimes prices go down a few weeks before the cruise and in the past I have rebooked and canceled in a heartbeat.

• 4 weeks later...

Another thing that they may be doing is requiring a longer stay for weekend dates. Instead of allowing booking just a Friday or Saturday night stay for pre-cruise, they may be requiring a minimum three night stay or more. That's what happened to us when trying to book the Hampton Inn & Suites Ybor City for our cruise earlier this month. I started trying to book it as soon as availability was showing for those dates. I could book dates all around the one I wanted but my date didn't show as available. When I looked at it under "flexible date" options, it showed availability but when I tried to book it that way is when I got the note about the minimum stay. I'm guessing because our stay overlapped some later Spring Break times they were trying to attract people staying for a week. I ended up booking something else with a cancellation option. Finally a month or two later, we were able to book the Hampton for just the night we needed.