Navigator OTS Review, 9 amazing nights, March 15-24, 2019!!!

8 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

That was pretty much my feeling as well.  🙂 When cruising I typically workout in the afternoons, but I was having way too much fun enjoying drinks and weather on the pool decks.  

I believe the only ABC options this time next year are 8 nights on the Adventure from Ft. Lauderdale (not Amped yet), or 7 nights on the Freedom out of San Juan (planned to be amped by March/April next year).  If the Adventure would have lined up with our spring break next year I would have booked it already, but it's off by one week.  😞

I'm considering the Freedom but the cost of flights to San Juan for our family of 5 is pretty brutal.

Dan

Yep, we are going to book Adventure for March. Only difference is it is not 9 days, and we lose Labadee. That is okay, I can deal with that I guess.

12 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

Yep, we are going to book Adventure for March. Only difference is it is not 9 days, and we lose Labadee. That is okay, I can deal with that I guess.

Yeah, still a fantastic itinerary with two cruising days at the beginning and especially two at the end,  Plus the ABC islands which are awesome.

Dan

On 3/26/2019 at 6:47 PM, The Fun Researcher said:

IMG_E3291.thumb.JPG.02869913d9d9e0eec98847b6c75334d1.JPG

Fabulous pic! I would love to get one like it when we are next in Labadee. Do you know if it's possible to go up to that vantage point just to take a pic? You wouldn't get me on a zipline if you paid me my weight in gold! :classic_tongue:

2 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Fabulous pic! I would love to get one like it when we are next in Labadee. Do you know if it's possible to go up to that vantage point just to take a pic? You wouldn't get me on a zipline if you paid me my weight in gold! :classic_tongue:

Thank you.  It's now my computer's desktop background.  :)  I had a different version of the same photo from 2014 as my background, but this one is better.

Unfortunately I believe you need to be part of the group doing the zipline in order to get a photo like this.  It's taken from the zipline launch platform, and in order to get there you actually leave the gated compound, through security.  The zipline group goes together with a few workers in the open air truck, through security.

Dan

38 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Unfortunately I believe you need to be part of the group doing the zipline in order to get a photo like this.

Aw :classic_sad:

Thanks for answering, though. Appreciate it.

Just wow to that cliff jump! That picture is amazing. Hats off to your MIL. She must be quite the adventurous type! I'm nervous just looking at it! So nice to hear your family had such an amazing time!

1 hour ago, fla33023 said:

Just wow to that cliff jump! That picture is amazing. Hats off to your MIL. She must be quite the adventurous type! I'm nervous just looking at it! So nice to hear your family had such an amazing time!

Thank you!

My mother-in-law still has a bit of a sore butt/tailbone but she said that she would do it again rather than regret the opportunity. Good for her!  The picture is of my younger daughter. She went twice!, along with her older sister!   Once was enough for my 11yr old son and I . 🙂   Fortunately the sore butts were limited to my wife and my mother-in-law. 

Dan

was the laser tag crazy?? My 7 year old son is SO excited for this but I can imagine it being crazy with lines...especially b/c I am guessing there will be a TON of kids on our 4/12 Navigator b/c it is over Easter and b/c it was 9 days long we got Kids Sail Free!

33 minutes ago, GalwayGirl03 said:

was the laser tag crazy?? My 7 year old son is SO excited for this but I can imagine it being crazy with lines...especially b/c I am guessing there will be a TON of kids on our 4/12 Navigator b/c it is over Easter and b/c it was 9 days long we got Kids Sail Free!

It is first come first serve.   We went on the first cruising day around 2 or 3 PM in the afternoon and  maybe we got lucky but we only waited for one group to finish their game and then we were in the very next group.  We waited about 15 minutes total I think.   While we were waiting we could hear and kind of see the existing game going on because they bring you into Studio B where the other teams are playing. It was well organized and did not feel crazy during the game. It was lots of fun for  our entire group including the grandparents 

Dan

We had the same experience as Dan.  The first time it was offered we went around the time they opened.  We waited for 1 group to go in ahead of us.  Later in the week we went about an hour after the posted time and it was crazy busy.  We didn't realize how busy at first.  The line was not too long at the door and was moving quickly which was deceiving because once we got inside Studio B they were taking groups in and seating them in the seating area.  We waited over an hour to play that time.  I probably would not have committed to waiting had I realized that up front but at least we were in a comfy seat as opposed to standing!  I would recommend going early both early in the cruise and early for the posted time.  It was fun and my daughter really enjoyed it.  It was something different that she hadn't experienced "at sea" before but it probably wasn't worth that long of a wait. 

On 4/2/2019 at 8:05 PM, GalwayGirl03 said:

We showed up right when the laser tag started and were told we had an hour plus wait. We decided not to wait as it was one of our last sea days and went off to the rock climbing wall instead. So I advise showing up at least 30 minutes prior if its a must do for your family. 

Edited by BrandFam4
clarification