Is the 12-cans-of-soda-per-stateroom limit enforced?

Hey, I'll be cruising with my mom later this fall and she's a caffeine-free Diet Coke drinker, while I myself am a Coke Zero die-hard. We'll certainly take on a 12-pack of cans for her, but I'd also love to take some for myself.

Does anyone have experience with the supposed 12-can limit per stateroom? Is it enforced, or...you know, not?

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, CruiseyMcBoatFace said:

Hey, I'll be cruising with my mom later this fall and she's a caffeine-free Diet Coke drinker, while I myself am a Coke Zero die-hard. We'll certainly take on a 12-pack of cans for her, but I'd also love to take some for myself.

Does anyone have experience with the supposed 12-can limit per stateroom? Is it enforced, or...you know, not?

Thanks.

I have seen it enforced at Port Canaveral, Port Everglades and Bayonne.  Not sure about enforcement anywhere else.

25 minutes ago, CruiseyMcBoatFace said:

Thanks.

If the ship on which you intend to sail has a Freestyle Coke machine, you may want to consider the soda package.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

What happens if people in the same cabin board separately? Do they keep a running count somewhere of how many soda cans are coming in for each cabin?

I've not seen them counting keeping a count.

• Thanks 1

Yes, they made sure we weren't over the limit in Terminal G in Miami last week.  We didn't try to space out the check-in.  We had a 12 pack of soda and a 12 pack of water between 2 staterooms and it was all brought in at the same time.

I did see that you can order a 12 pack of Coke product onboard for your mini fridge, for $22 or $25 I believe.  That was on the Navigator last week.  Much cheaper than paying per can at a bar, and depending on how much soda you drink, it may be much cheaper than the soda package as well.

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

I buy the Soda package only for the caffeine free options. I think Sprite/ Sprite Zero is the only caffeine free canned/2 liter option if you buy from bar? 

I also love Coke Zero and don’t know if they serve it in cans from the bar?

But might be cheaper for your group to bring on a 12 pack if you don’t drink a ton of soda.

1 hour ago, Max and Ruby said:

I buy the Soda package only for the caffeine free options. I think Sprite/ Sprite Zero is the only caffeine free canned/2 liter option if you buy from bar? 

I also love Coke Zero and don’t know if they serve it in cans from the bar?

But might be cheaper for your group to bring on a 12 pack if you don’t drink a ton of soda.

The ship does have Coke Zero in cans, but I don't know if it is a fleetwide policy to give cans to those who have the beverage package.  Cans cost around $4 to purchase.

20 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The ship does have Coke Zero in cans, but I don't know if it is a fleetwide policy to give cans to those who have the beverage package.  Cans cost around $4 to purchase.

Another board told me that the bar will give you cans if you have deluxe package only. If you have soda package look for the soda  to come in a glass with ice . It might come from a can, fountain or 2 liter.

The poster says she only likes cans of Coke so she makes sure she gets Deluxe package. 

Thanks for the info, though. I easily down 16oz ( size of Freestyle cup w/o ice) during a meal, so hope Freestyle machines stay full.

I was last on Oasis in October and Freestyle machines only started running out after dinner on that last day. Never ran dry on Alaska cruise July 2017. Maybe I’ve been lucky?

23 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Another board told me that the bar will give you cans if you have deluxe package only. If you have soda package look for the soda  to come in a glass with ice . It might come from a can, fountain or 2 liter.

The poster says she only likes cans of Coke so she makes sure she gets Deluxe package. 

Thanks for the info, though. I easily down 16oz ( size of Freestyle cup w/o ice) during a meal, so hope Freestyle machines stay full.

I was last on Oasis in October and Freestyle machines only started running out after dinner on that last day. Never ran dry on Alaska cruise July 2017. Maybe I’ve been lucky?

Sail 10+ nite cruises multiple times a yr, 2 times in last yr multiple locations/stations on ship ran out of Diet Coke. Some would give me a can others would pour it out of a 2 Ltr... At Nov/Dec at Port Everglades they counted cans/bottles and stop 2 different families carrying overages in separate bags.

Edited by ONECRUISER

We will be sailing out of San Juan and the ship leaves at 8:30 pm.  If we board early, can we bring a 12 pack of soda on the ship  and then more if we decide to go back off the ship into the city when we return?

How would they know if we brought some on earlier?  

2 minutes ago, hrmkr said:

We will be sailing out of San Juan and the ship leaves at 8:30 pm.  If we board early, can we bring a 12 pack of soda on the ship  and then more if we decide to go back off the ship into the city when we return?

How would they know if we brought some on earlier?  

I don't know if they do it every cruise, but once time in San Juan, getting on Adventure, a couple of crewmembers were set up at a table next to the escalator. They marked down the number of wine bottles we had next to our stateroom number.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

I don't know if they do it every cruise, but once time in San Juan, getting on Adventure, a couple of crewmembers were set up at a table next to the escalator. They marked down the number of wine bottles we had next to our stateroom number.

same could be done with wine.  Bring some on early , get off the ship and bring back more.

I have sailed on Carnival out of SJ before and our carryons were full getting on the ship, we went off and bought our soda and just walked right on with it.

Any recent cruisers out of San Juan out there that can answer this question?