Countdown to Ruby Princess LIVE - April 8th-April 23rd 2019

Cyn874

4 hours ago, myjillian said:

Did I miss something...I thought your parents were going to renew their vows ??? If it was an Anniversary cruise then I understand why no pictures LOL

Yes, the renewal of vows ceremony was the other night. I took video on my phone and stayed in my seat so as to not get in the way of the photographer. It was a nice ceremony, took maybe 10 minutes or so. The Captain was very nice. 

They are actually doing a giant group ceremony for everyone who wants to renew, tonight in the Piazza. 

Movies for the past few days have been Mary Poppins, Glass, The Old Man and The Gun. 

Picture dump incoming! I'm on my laptop so it's easier to post them. I haven't taken a lot of pictures because I've mostly been doing video, but here is what I have so far. 

f17119618e0d1af06571dd65e682e09f.png

298864b14887c797d9035eb3fef03f6e.png

4983f0b8b88810d6edfd840e97ecb680.png

Honolulu at night

d002b556073ffc19ae3ed279447bad77.png

Afternoon Tea in Sanctuary

0239a7840923ec93a00ca2921e9c741f.png

Sometimes, I just want cereal for breakfast!

39f89653c8a4084518a9aed7d46315ab.png

Easter arrives on the ship

81c7ab769535fe035cc611134ca06399.png

No, it's not rigged. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

Picture dump incoming! I'm on my laptop so it's easier to post them. I haven't taken a lot of pictures because I've mostly been doing video, but here is what I have so far. 

f17119618e0d1af06571dd65e682e09f.png

298864b14887c797d9035eb3fef03f6e.png

4983f0b8b88810d6edfd840e97ecb680.png

Honolulu at night

d002b556073ffc19ae3ed279447bad77.png

Afternoon Tea in Sanctuary

0239a7840923ec93a00ca2921e9c741f.png

Sometimes, I just want cereal for breakfast!

39f89653c8a4084518a9aed7d46315ab.png

Easter arrives on the ship

81c7ab769535fe035cc611134ca06399.png

No, it's not rigged. 

How much did you win???😎

I won $100 on that one. I just went for the very first stack of money in the bottom left corner, by where your key starts. I only had to tap it a little to the right, and then bump it up a little bit, it went right in. I've tried for the 2nd bundle to the right of it a few times, but no luck. It really is a game of skill and you have to be extremely precise, there's not really any wiggle room for error when lining the key up, even though the opening looks huge. I keep hoping they'll refill that bottom left stack so I can try for it again, but so far it's still empty, lol.

I have a question that's been nagging at me, but don't really want to make a whole topic for it. Does anyone know why they always close the MUTS pool in the evening? They do it every single night at 5:30. Movie starts at 7. They allow the hot tubs to remain open, and the pool without the movie screen stays open. The only thing I can figure is maybe they think people will be too loud in the pool during the movie? But generally, people aren't loud in the pool anyway, even during the day. And they could be just as loud in the hot tubs. I just can't figure it out.

11 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

I have a question that's been nagging at me, but don't really want to make a whole topic for it. Does anyone know why they always close the MUTS pool in the evening? They do it every single night at 5:30. Movie starts at 7. They allow the hot tubs to remain open, and the pool without the movie screen stays open. The only thing I can figure is maybe they think people will be too loud in the pool during the movie? But generally, people aren't loud in the pool anyway, even during the day. And they could be just as loud in the hot tubs. I just can't figure it out.

Afraid someone will fall in while walking and trying to watch the movie at the same time??🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Cyn874 said:

Well, it’s disembarkation morning and we’re sitting in horizon court having breakfast. Looks like a pretty nice morning! Safe travels to all of you getting on the ship when we get off. 🙂

Have a safe trip home and thanks for your live!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rogueperson said:

Now I just need someone to do a live thread for the next cruise so I can follow it until I board her on May 5th.  I'll pick up the live thread on May 5th if anyone is interested...

I'll be there with you!  Can't believe it is so close!

I will also be on the May 5th cruise.  🙂

Does anyone know if there is a way to tell who the hotel manager will be on our cruise?  I'm hoping Riccardo Capraro

will be our Maitre d'.  He is also the Hotel General Manager on the Ruby.

On 4/18/2019 at 11:46 PM, Cyn874 said:

Thanks 🙂 I did peek in to the sauna/steam room. It was in the lotus spa area, in the bathroom where the showers were, if I recall. So yes, it’s free! I didn’t go inside because I was just exploring and someone was in there, but it looks like you could probably use it anytime you want. (Unless it’s turned off after hours, I’m not sure!) lotus pool and hot tubs beneath Sanctuary are also free. 

Food has been great!! The buffet has impressed me quite a bit and I’ve skipped MDR quite a few times to allow more evening pool time or if nothing on the menu appeals to me. The pizza is also really good! Just wish there was a daily veggie pizza. I haven’t tried the burgers yet.

speaking of food, here is another observation. A common complaint I’ve been reading about for MONTHS is that the bread in the dining room comes with flavored olive oil for dipping, and you have to request butter and they only give you a tiny bit. I’ve read about this dozens of times and have even seen people on here joking about bringing their own butter. So I was surprised to see a bowl of at least 7 or 8 pats of butter every single night which they readily refill if we ask for more. Not once have we received oil. 

Hope I am not intruding.  I was also on this cruise and had a wonderful time.  Over the top service everywhere from everyone.

Olive Oil herb dip was on the table for Italian Night.  I even got my breadsticks every night (request).  Lots of butter.  Requested Parmesan Cheese basket with my Alfredo a couple of times.  Breads for the night are now listed in the menu.

On 4/21/2019 at 7:58 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Some of the craft classes are free.

Did anyone replace Elua? Or are you without the ambassadors for the rest of the trip?

Tiki Dave and Leialoha left to join the Golden down under for a couple of weeks while we were in Honolulu.  I had the "fortunate" opportunity to spend 2 hours with them while "waiting" to be cleared by the Customs Border Protection agent in a dining room so that I could "take" gifts ashore to my grandson.  Don't get me started!

No one boarded to replace them.  They did have orchid lei and ribbon lei classes.  Hawaiian music was piped in until we got to Ensenada.  The Princess Band guitarist took over the ukulele classes.  We were lucky to have them going over.

Kudos to Mark Young, the Entertainment Director.  I was really impressed by his accessibility.  He did an excellent job of scheduling events.  They had the ukulele Aloha Oe show and brought back part of the crew talent show.  He participate in the Voice of the Ocean and was a hoot.  Good to see him so visible.  

13 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Olive Oil herb dip was on the table for Italian Night.  I even got my breadsticks every night (request).  Lots of butter.  Requested Parmesan Cheese basket with my Alfredo a couple of times.  Breads for the night are now listed in the menu.

Lucky you!! We asked for the cheese basket on one of our recent cruises and were told, "no longer available". Guess it's like everything else, some ships do and some ships don't.

(Welcome back, Renee 😘)

Edited by JF - retired RRT
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 7:58 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

Some of the craft classes are free.

Did anyone replace Elua? Or are you without the ambassadors for the rest of the trip?

you are right the cruise staff offered free craft classes including ribbon & fresh orchid lei making classes

no new ambassadors, but the guitar player from the band continued the 'ukulele classes & we got to perform in the Princess Theater at the captain's aloha event

On 4/20/2019 at 5:49 PM, travelin.sisters said:

we are on this cruise also & wanted to add a bit about EULA the Hawaiian ambassadors, they were only on until Honolulu as they were scheduled to enjoyed the Star, but they were wonderful...we went to Tiki Dave's port talks which were very informative & his 'ukulele classes (the ship has about 60 'ukes that they loan out) & he is a great teacher, we will be performing in the theater tomorrow (I will be in the back so when I don't get the chord changes fast enough no one will know)...we also saw him perform several times (his wife...I don't remember how to spell her name...was having trouble with her voice so we didn't hear her)...she taught hula & crafts (there was a charge for the crafts)...really looking forward to having them on our next cruise

Aloha!

Yes, we were sorry that we didn't get to start for the entire cruise...but we are very happy you enjoyed what we offered for the first half of the cruise. Unfortunately, as you mentioned, Leialoha was having problems with her voice, and really didn't get it back until the tail end of our time on the Golden.

I'm also happy that the class continued and you all got to perform. That is always a very cool part of the classes...the big "payoff" if you will, and I'm glad to see you got to experience it.

Leialoha and I are scheduled for the Star Princess starting December 4th and on into late-March of 2020, so hopefully we'll see you on a future cruise...for the whole cruise this time!

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

www.facebook.com/eluamusic

www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

• Like 2