Securing a Table for 4 in MDR with anytime dining

horseymike

you can book your reservations requesting a table for four.  There is a location on each ship that you can go to and book your reservations, so when you get on the ship ask for where it is located.  Quite often it is in the Lido.  On the Koningsdam it was near the Ocean Bar on deck 2.  We did not have a problem booking.  

Keep in mind, they tell you that you can make a reservation for "anytime dining"  You can't.  The reservation times are 5:45 p.m and 7:45 p.m.   Any other time you want to dine, you have to check in with the Dining Room desk, and wait for a table.   Unless you have a nightmare experience like our group did, and we had a standing reservation every night for our 6 top with no waiting!

1 hour ago, boards said:

There is a location on each ship that you can go to and book your reservations,

Or call extension 88 or use Navigator if your ship has it

Edited by catl331

38 minutes ago, VTcruisenut said:

Keep in mind, they tell you that you can make a reservation for "anytime dining"  You can't.  The reservation times are 5:45 p.m and 7:45 p.m.   Any other time you want to dine, you have to check in with the Dining Room desk, and wait for a table.   Unless you have a nightmare experience like our group did, and we had a standing reservation every night for our 6 top with no waiting!

Thank you, I guess when we have made reservations (for the open seating time) they must being just making us feel good and making it appear as if they are really taking my request.  They do a good job of it, because it works when we go.   Again thank you.

1 hour ago, VTcruisenut said:

This is sort of true. You can make reservations for open seating, except between the hours of 6 and 7:15...during that 75 minute period you can't make a reservation. The anytime dining opens at 5:15, and closes at 8pm (I believe...maybe later?) meaning you make reservations for at least half the time the MDR is open.

5:45 and 7:45 (or 6pm and 8pm) are the typical fixed seating times.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over getting a table for 4. I think tables for four are probably the most common table in the MDR.

18 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

This is sort of true. You can make reservations for open seating, except between the hours of 6 and 7:15...during that 75 minute period you can't make a reservation. The anytime dining opens at 5:15, and closes at 8pm (I believe...maybe later?) meaning you make reservations for at least half the time the MDR is open.

5:45 and 7:45 (or 6pm and 8pm) are the typical fixed seating times.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over getting a table for 4. I think tables for four are probably the most common table in the MDR.

I have never seen a fixed early option of 6 PM when we've done fixed dining and never had the option of a reservation for open dining as late as 5:45. On my last few cruises early fixed has been 5:15. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2019 at 11:10 AM, VTcruisenut said:

Don't quite understand: if you can't make reservations for "anytime dining" how did you get one every night??

12 hours ago, zentraveler said:

Don't quite understand: if you can't make reservations for "anytime dining" how did you get one every night??

Just go to the (lower) MDR desk , give your room number and express your wishes (shared table and max number of chairs, language(s) etc.). No problem, maybe a little bit of waiting if you arrive at the same time as many many other passengers 😉

Never had a problem with anytime dinning,  our preferred time for dinner is 6:30 to 7:00 and never waited more than 10 minutes or so for a 4 top.

Edited by terrydtx