Is there a Elite/Platinum area on the Sun Princess for Happy Hour each day

Just would like to know if there is an Elite and Platinum area that you can go to each afternoon for pre-dinner drinks and snacks as they have on the Diamond, Ruby, Majestic ships.

Had a great time in these areas and met some wonderful people.

Thanks

No card with the dates/venue and available munchies of the day in the cabin (march sailing) when we got there so I assume nothing has changed on the Sun.

They haven't  had these events on the Sun class ships since I have sailed on them.

On the Sea Princess to PNG over the Xmas holidays, there was actually an Elite/Platinum area in the Legends bar held either 3 or 4 times over the cruise.  A letter giving details of the dates was in our cabin when we boarded.  There was the normal snacks laid on and the current cocktail menu.  I never found out if they were trying it out to see how it would work or whether it was because it was a Xmas cruise.  If they could have it on the Sea, there is no reason not to have it on the Sun.  Off on the Sea next week so will find out, but one thing, the Legends Bar is no Skywalkers.

Anne

3 hours ago, Russell21 said:

What about Ruby Princess, any special bar on her?

the Elite/Platinum/Suite lounge, (PES)  was in Skywalkers, well it was in 2010 when were on Ruby, Rome to Fort Lauderdale.  On the Grand or Super Grand vessels, the aforesaid PES is generally in Skywalkers

17 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Cool, still it is daily on other Princess ships.

The North American would not cop the PES Lounge every 3 days.  There would be a million posts on CC Princess board  about it.  I suppose we could start one.🤣

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

The North American would not cop the PES Lounge every 3 days.  There would be a million posts on CC Princess board  about it.  I suppose we could start one.🤣

As it is all about $, the only way to change the situation is to vote with your wallet.

From what I am aware those ships lack the required space for such an event because it needs to be in a room that other passengers would not be inconvenienced by and large enough for the number of elite, platinum and suite guests. The Grand class have adequate space. They would like to have it on those ships but there really is no public room that could hold the event.

20 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

From what I am aware those ships lack the required space for such an event because it needs to be in a room that other passengers would not be inconvenienced by and large enough for the number of elite, platinum and suite guests. The Grand class have adequate space. They would like to have it on those ships but there really is no public room that could hold the event.

We were on Sun Princess in 2008, her first season in Australia. We were Platinums back then, so went along to the PES Lounge which was in a corner of the Explorers Lounge, portioned off with screens.  They could that now if they wanted to on Sun/Sea.

Edited by NSWP

19 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Maybe they should have it open after 9.30pm, that way only half the people would go.

For sure, the rest would be in bed.  Who said Sun and Sea Princess were floating Aged Facilities?  You must be getting confused with Holland America. 😂

Oh dear, I am on Noordam Sunday, am I too young for HAL?  I am not 75 yet.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, NSWP said:

For sure, the rest would be in bed.  Who said Sun and Sea Princess were floating Aged Facilities?  You must be getting confused with Holland America. 😂

Oh dear, I am on Noordam Sunday, am I too young for HAL?  I am not 75 yet.

Me thinks you is in for  a surprise Uncle Les......

1 minute ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

Me thinks you is in for  a surprise Uncle Les......

A tad young then David.  I had better retire to my cabin @ 2100 then, no disco dancing.

18 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I would have loved if the music on HAL progressed to the 1970's and some disco.

Muchas Glenn Miller and Doris Day perhaps?   Perhaps an Elvis or Rolling Stones tribute show is needed.