10 Percent Code Still Not Applied

Nashna

I have two discount codes for a 2020 and a 2021 cruise booked with MSC.  Neither booking has had the code applied.  I am concerned now that the time period for the code to be used may be up or will soon be.  I have called and e-mailed four times with no success on the 2021 new booking that I made directly with MSC.   I gave them the code at the time of booking.  The 2020 booking was with my TA and he has called as well.  Is anyone else experiencing these types of delays?  My TA was told that they were working on the discounts for 2019 cruises and would work on 2020 "later".  

27 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

What is with the US office?   The codes should be inputted at the time of booking and the discount should be applied immediately.

I booked our May 2020 cruise shortly after the 10% discount was available doing it via MSC website and was given credit immediately upon booking.  Don't understand why the discount was not applied unless the time has expired.  Nashna didn't state when the bookings occurred.

I also booked a 2021 cruise using the codes.  At the time I booked they said it would be be applied shortly (it had to go to a different dept or something).  Called a week later and was told that since the cruise was so far out, it would be applied but they were working on the cruises that had shorter time frames. (The skeptic in me wondered if I was being "had").  But after about another week they were true to their word, we received a new invoice showing the updated price.

28 minutes ago, LadySpoilt said:

I also booked a 2021 cruise using the codes.  At the time I booked they said it would be be applied shortly (it had to go to a different dept or something).  Called a week later and was told that since the cruise was so far out, it would be applied but they were working on the cruises that had shorter time frames. (The skeptic in me wondered if I was being "had").  But after about another week they were true to their word, we received a new invoice showing the updated price.

They took my code when I made my new booking and said it would be applied by another department.  That was on March 9th!  

5 minutes ago, Nashna said:

They took my code when I made my new booking and said it would be applied by another department.  That was on March 9th!  

Went back and reviewed my dates.  Original booking made using code 3/10 and discount applied on 3/30

I have 3 bookings 12/19, 05/20, 12/20 with the code applied online when I booked. After I updated passenger information, all coupons are dropped. I called them couple times and they said they would fix it but it takes time. They have hundreds of bookings like this and the back office is doing it with a huge backlog. Another website/system bs that would take some effort to get it fixed.

I have two bookings using codes - 1) first one had 10% applied but 5% disappeared so called in and was told that even the supervisor could not make the adjustment and that it had to go to a different department to be adjusted and would take 3-5 days, well never heard back so called in again and fortunately got a guy who was very capable and he “knew” how to make the change and did it right away - 2) second code called a PVP I had used a year ago and he did it all for me first time around. Bottom line it seems you have to keep calling and get someone who “knows” how to make adjustments on the spot, not sure how effective the “adjustment” department is. 

Just spoke to MSC about my 2021 cruise and the customer service person said that they were doing the 10 percent discounts in batches and my cruise had not come up yet.  She said that they had a very large glitch in the system which had caused the problem.  She assured me that my booking discount code was in the record and that I would get my account credited when my cruise batch came up.  She could not tell me when.  Just that the record was notated.  I asked about my 2020 record, which is under the care of my TA, and she informed me that he had to contact MSC.  However, they were still working on 2020.   I have contacted my TA several times about this, and he checks every time, I am reluctant to call him again since MSC still has 2020 records to amend.  She did say to ignore the April deadline as my record already shows the promo code. 

Edited by Nashna
typo

I lost the 10% promo discount after booking. I had made a change to passenger details, and then the price went up by the amount  of the discount. I called, and I was told they would fix it. That was almost two weeks ago. My sailing is April 2020, so I am hoping it will be fixed soon. Anyway, if I do not see anything in the next two weeks, I will call again. 

Anyone need a code?  I think it is good until April 21st (at least that's what I wrote down with my code).  I was hoping to be able to use, but hubby doesn't want to take more time off this year, likely wedding pending for next year.  First cruise on MSC YC in May, so may kick myself afterwards, but what can you do?

We also hadn't had our code applied, called them back this morning and a supervisor processed the discount. We weren't informed of the reasons for the problem.

I would want to see my discount processed by the 21st, I would be sceptical of their assurances. The computer is just as likely to say NO, just because of the date.

18 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

Anyone need a code?  I think it is good until April 21st (at least that's what I wrote down with my code).  I was hoping to be able to use, but hubby doesn't want to take more time off this year, likely wedding pending for next year.  First cruise on MSC YC in May, so may kick myself afterwards, but what can you do?

Book one for late next year and risk your deposit or go with a girlfriend. Or use it on one of the new 3 or 4 day cruises to Ocean Cay on Divina or Mereviglia. 

You do not have to “risk your deposit” as you have up until 90 days prior to departure for a full refund. BYW as of April 1 the deposit is $198.00 (or $199 - I forget the exact dollar amount) per person - booked our 2020 cruise on April 1 and found this out. 

5 minutes ago, cellfree said:

You do not have to “risk your deposit” as you have up until 90 days prior to departure for a full refund. BYW as of April 1 the deposit is $198.00 (or $199 - I forget the exact dollar amount) per person - booked our 2020 cruise on April 1 and found this out. 

I think it's still $99 for under 5 days, and yes we got dinged $199 for our 7 day 2020 cruise.

Where do these codes come from?  I was on a MSC cruise earlier this year and just booked another one for 2020...but I don’t recall seeing a code anywhere.  If someone could please advise, that would be great!

1 minute ago, Mommacaz said:

Where do these codes come from?  I was on a MSC cruise earlier this year and just booked another one for 2020...but I don’t recall seeing a code anywhere.  If someone could please advise, that would be great!

When Bellisima debuted MSC aired a promotional video tour.  If you viewed the tour you could get a discount code by clicking on a blinking heart in the video.

1 minute ago, Mommacaz said:

Thank you so much! I thought it might have been a code given for completing a survey.  I guess I missed my window...lol, I’ll have to pay better attention in future 🤗

It's the sort of thing that gets heavily promoted on the various MSC and Seaside FB groups. Maybe they'll do it again when Grandiosa launches.

After two weeks, I finally got a response from Italy office and they sent me an updated total with 10% reflected on the total price.

The email is from msccrociere.it

I sent the email to MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com

You can still find the code on eBay. My mil bought one.

Edited by thetaro