latitudes rewards dining question

fairygirl1

2 hours ago, KateQ22003 said:

Sorry; my mistake. I read the comment incorrectly! I thought it said that a solo could use each coupon twice, which of course is not allowed. So when traveling solo, you get two meals. If you are traveling with somebody, you get four. Hope that makes sense.

As a solo Platinum under the current program you get two meals for two.  Ok, you may not choose to invite another person, but your coupons do allow you two visits for up to two guests.  It is up to you whether you make full use of them or not.  Some solos prefer  to dine alone, so they choose to underutilize their vouchers.  Others invite a non-Platinum and fully use their voucher.  Others coordinate with another Platinum solo; by dining together they can essentially double their specialty dining.  As a solo, your options are wide open.  There is no wrong answer, but the table for one vs table for two is your choice.

Just now, Aldeya said:

How much do you tip when you use a voucher?

We used a voucher for the first time last night, having just gone Platinum. 

It was in La Cucina, and the bill came to $72 which was then reduced to zero.

On the basis of their saying that a 20% gratuity is normally added to the check, we added $15 to the check (ie total payment $15).

We think that this made sense but no doubt different people will have different ideas.

I did think afterwards that the waiter would probably prefer cash, do they pay tax if you add it to the bill? Or would the asst.waiter miss out if you tip the head waiter cash?

46 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

For some reason I cannot find the list of how many free at sea dinners you get according to length of cruise.  I am currently booked on a 21 day cruise and an 11 day cruise.

It is in the T&C's of the free at sea offer. I can't provide a link as I'm in the UK (and I suppose its possible that it may be different for us anyway). For us at the moment it is 5 meals for 11+ nights.

Depending on when you booked its also possible that the terms may have changed since then as well. What you get depends on the terms when you booked. However, I don't think its changed for a while.

59 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

For some reason I cannot find the list of how many free at sea dinners you get according to length of cruise.  I am currently booked on a 21 day cruise and an 11 day cruise.

Click on the Free at Sea promo.  On the next page scroll to the bottom for the Terms and Conditions link.

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

As Keith said the amounts pretty much stay the same even if it was a past promo.

22 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Zero. I pay $15 per day service charge which is intended to reward those that directly and indirectly provide service to me during my cruise.

I think there are 18% specific grats/service added to specialty dining though (whether appropriate or not as no-one seems sure where they go).

Either way, whatever about if we had paid, as our meal was free, it strikes me as appropriate to tip based on the notional value the meal would have been.

Edited by podgeandrodge

4 minutes ago, podgeandrodge said:

I think there are 18% specific grats/service added to specialty dining though (whether appropriate or not as no-one seems sure where they go).

Either way, whatever about if we had paid, as our meal was free, it strikes me as appropriate to tip based on the notional value the meal would have been.

Gratuities are actually 20%, not 18%, on specialty dining. Since they've gone to auto tipping, where they go or how they are divided is a mystery. I pay $15  per day and trust NCL to allocate it fairly among all of its crew irrespective of where I dine, sleep, etc. I don't double pay gratuities and service charges.