Alternates to Lido Buffet

bjfitz0703

During embarkation are there alternates to the masses of people at the Lido buffet?  Any place else to grab some food away from Lido deck?  Will be on Sunrise on 6/24/19.  Looking for secrets from the savvy Carnival folks.  Thanks 

1 minute ago, bjfitz0703 said:

During embarkation are there alternates to the masses of people at the Lido buffet?  Any place else to grab some food away from Lido deck?  Will be on Sunrise on 6/24/19.  Looking for secrets from the savvy Carnival folks.  Thanks 

We usually order a sandwich from the deli,  grab  a drink and head to the stern.   There usually several places to sit and enjoy your food. 

• Like 1

There is Guys Burger, Blue Iguana, Cucina del Capitana, Guys BBQ and pizza.  You could also buy sushi or seafood.  All of these should be open on embarkation day. Keep in mind this is based on experiences on other ships, since no one has sailed on Sunrise yet. 

None of these are secrets.  If you pick up a Fun Times when you board the ship it will tell you what is open for lunch. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sgttami said:

Eat something before you board and book early Steakhouse (5:30) for the first night.

Don't have to set foot on Lido that first day😄

Great idea! Don’t board hungry. 

On the Sunrise, every eatery that is open for lunch is on the Lido Deck. I presume Cucina Del Capitano will be open for lunch as a complimentary pasta bar, as it is on Sunshine. Even then, it is located in the old upstairs portion of what was the Triumph’s Lido Restaurant.

Typically, the eateries near the aft pool will be less crowded.

13 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

Blue Iguana but instead of getting a burrito get tacos. The line is always a fraction as long and the tacos are 700-800% better than the burritos in my opinions (owing almost entirely to the tortillas)

I agree, I had a couple times when I went that there was a line of people waiting for burritos, but no line for tacos. I at first thought that meant maybe the tacos weren't very good if noboy was in line for them, but I noticed when I got mine and as I sat nearby eating that it takes like a couple minutes tops to get tacos, but it took longer for people to get burritos, so that probably explains it. because those tacos really are very good!

For me it's either Guy's or Blue Iguana. I always look forward to those. Even if I have to wait an extra 5 minutes, I am always starting my cruise with either a burger or tacos.

2 hours ago, lottiegreen56 said:

Blue Iguana but instead of getting a burrito get tacos. The line is always a fraction as long and the tacos are 700-800% better than the burritos in my opinions (owing almost entirely to the tortillas)

I agree the burritos suck. To me, it's the rice that kills it. All of the other toppings I find to be pretty good. They use that cheap yellow rice that has never once made any mexican food great. I wish they made a cilantro-lime rice. 

Edited by Joebucks