Cruise Critic Community
iluvcruises

What are your 3 favorite things you love in Barbados?

We will be visiting Barbados for a day in August. I would love to hear from past visitors of their favorite things they loved about Barbados. Hoping this will help us choose what to do once were there. Thanks for any info 

~ Taking a FIVE hour catamaran excursion to swim with the sea turtles ... that also has a beach stop.

~ Going to Boatyard for a beach day is fun.

~ Harrison's Cave is a nice thing to do once.  

Posted (edited)

#1-Take the bus to Bathsheba

#2-Calypso Girl-"FIVE hour catamaran tour to swim with the sea turtle's(and shipwrecks😉)...that also has a beach stop."😁

#3-The Boatyard

I'd stick with the Calypso Girl. 😎

Edited by TTEllis
typo

On 4/8/2019 at 4:06 PM, iluvcruises said:

We will be visiting Barbados for a day in August. I would love to hear from past visitors of their favorite things they loved about Barbados. Hoping this will help us choose what to do once were there. Thanks for any info 

A full day private catamaran charter, with family and friends.

Lunch and drinks at Tides

A full day beach visit at Rico's By The Sea

On 4/8/2019 at 11:06 AM, iluvcruises said:

I forgot about this tour, in 2010 on Barbados our CC group did the Scenic Barbados Tours(an entire island tour), I didn't book it I was just invited went along with an excellent group of people, it was great. We went all over the island, my first trip to Bathsheba it was extraordinary, went up in the mountains on Barbados, there are mountains on Barbados I promise. Great tour, reasonably priced, great people, drank all day scenery was awesome. 

In the event this is your first time to this island, I would highly consider a whole day island tour. My first choice would be on the water all day swimming with sea turtle's and looking at shipwrecks, if that's not what you had in mind, I would consider this.

Scenic Barbados Tours no problems. You walk right out of the secured port area(to the FAR left) just like you do everywhere else the guy will be holding up a big sign.......just like everywhere else!!😄 Nice van, nice island, nice people, nice day. 

Posted (edited)

Paynes Bay/Sandy Lane beach, Earthworks and Harrisons Cave.  Paynes is nice because they have some cute little tourist shops near there.

ETA and Oisitins if you're there on Friday evening.  

Edited by jsmjovi

1.  Our favorite place in the Caribbean, the north shore.

2.  Lunch at Bathsheba.

3.  Harrison's Caves.

We loved everything about Barbados. Trying to decide what we're going to do there in January. Would like to see St Nicholas Abbey which was closed last time we were there. 

On 7/29/2019 at 3:59 PM, Itsasecret80 said:

How do I find out more about Bathsheba? I don't see it as an excursion on RC site?

You have to go on your own. I have great pictures of Bathsheba I'm trying to get them on this laptop, been there twice. Once with Scenic Barbados Tours and went back a couple of years ago on my own and took the bus.  

Baddest beach in the Caribbean. Don't miss it. 

On 7/26/2019 at 6:38 PM, OHRiverRats said:

1.  Our favorite place in the Caribbean, the north shore.

2.  Lunch at Bathsheba.

3.  Harrison's Caves.

We loved everything about Barbados. Trying to decide what we're going to do there in January. Would like to see St Nicholas Abbey which was closed last time we were there. 

I was there we went in that church your talking about, beautiful. Beautiful gardens, it's several hundred years old we got the entire tourist shpeel. Have fun and walk the beach at Bathsheba they don't recommend swimming in it, no lifeguard on duty.

I'm not sure a lifeguard would do much good, beach is world class. Nothing else like it. 

Posted (edited)

Taxi to Crane Beach Hotel for lunch

Flying Fish Sandwiches 

St. Andrew, Cherry Tree Hill

Edited by DFWGUYZ