Is White Claw available on ships?

2 minutes ago, GiandJoe said:

What is White Claw?

It is hard seltzer water with a wonderful light flavor. It comes in Black Cherry, Raspberry, Grapefruit, Mango and Lime. I really dislike regular seltzer water, but this stuff is amazing. 100 calories, 2g of sugar and low carbs. 

20 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

It is hard seltzer water with a wonderful light flavor. It comes in Black Cherry, Raspberry, Grapefruit, Mango and Lime. I really dislike regular seltzer water, but this stuff is amazing. 100 calories, 2g of sugar and low carbs. 

Good news!  You are allowed to carry on up to 12 bottles of this per cabin, as long as each bottle contains no more than half a liter, or 17 ounces.

ETA:  Oh, it's alcoholic?  Nope, you can't. Sorry.  😞  

On the other hand, the packaging makes it look like soda.  You may be able to get it on board in your carry on.  If you are willing to lose it, you can try.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, miamimere said:

It does look like fancy seltzer water, I bet you could carry on a case.  Worst case, you lose $15 and they take it.  

I would love for them to add this option to the bars, it's super popular now! 

They are really popular and strangely refreshing. I am not usually an alcohol drinker, but I do love these little cans of sunshine. 

2 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I bet you could find the flavored sweeteners that you could mix in on board with regular seltzer as well as a backup!  

White Claw is 5% alcohol, so not just regular seltzer water. 

1 hour ago, Hammergirl said:

I actually just got a facebook ad maybe 15 minutes ago that they're introducing a plain flavor, which is ideal for me.

2 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

White Claw is 5% alcohol, so not just regular seltzer water. 

Yes but you could add a mix to seltzer and a splash of your liquor of choice.

My go-to on board or really any bar that doesn't have an IPA I want to drink is vodka and water with lime, sans lime if that's not available, but just straight ice water and vodka.  Not even for the no carbs thing (since I love craft beer lol) but because I lost my sweet tooth along the way and don't always want the carbonation.  It also helps with hydration lol!

6 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

They are really popular and strangely refreshing. I am not usually an alcohol drinker, but I do love these little cans of sunshine. 

I expect we'll start to see more and more of these be offered on board too, they are a great option for those that don't want heavier drinks, especially out by the pool, but want a little something extra on vacation.

1 minute ago, ShillyShally said:

I expect we'll start to see more and more of these be offered on board too, they are a great option for those that don't want heavier drinks, especially out by the pool, but want a little something extra on vacation.

That would be awesome. I mean, I love my frozen fruity drinks, but there is so much sugar in them and sometimes, I just want something light and fruity. 

19 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

That would be awesome. I mean, I love my frozen fruity drinks, but there is so much sugar in them and sometimes, I just want something light and fruity. 

I get that!  If you find a quiet time at the bar ask the bartender to get creative - just a splash of some mixes can achieve a much lighter drink 🙂  Since they have the strawberry daiquiri mix and mango up there, they may be able to use a touch to create your new ship go-to 🙂

Edited by ShillyShally

Just now, ShillyShally said:

I get that!  If you find a quiet time at the bar ask the bartender to get creative - just a splash of some mixes can achieve a much lighter drink 🙂  Since they have the strawberry daiquiri mix and mango up there, they may be able to use a touch to create your new ship go-to 🙂

Good idea! We will have access to the suite deck which is normally a quieter place to relax. Maybe the bartender there can mix me up something wonderful.

Just now, Hammergirl said:

Good idea! We will have access to the suite deck which is normally a quieter place to relax. Maybe the bartender there can mix me up something wonderful.

Oh I bet you will get many new fun choices, especially there 🙂  Have a blast!!!

14 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

Absolutely. I pretty much hate drinks that are overly sweet, yet I love the concept of a rum punch, rum runner, mai tai, etc. At the pool bar, I would regularly ask for just a dash of the juices/sweet liqueurs and for the drink to be topped off with soda water. They always accommodated, and the drinks were refreshing and not sweet or overly heavy.

16 hours ago, Ronaldo807 said:

They had Truly berry and Henry's Lime on Navigator. They had it at both the Lime & Coconut & Solarium bar. I don't know if that is fleet wide though.

Oh, would I love to see Truly on the Mariner next month! Would be such a refreshing poolside treat and welcome break from the delicious, yet sugar overload in frozen cocktails.

23 hours ago, BTHodgeman said:

Absolutely. I pretty much hate drinks that are overly sweet, yet I love the concept of a rum punch, rum runner, mai tai, etc. At the pool bar, I would regularly ask for just a dash of the juices/sweet liqueurs and for the drink to be topped off with soda water. They always accommodated, and the drinks were refreshing and not sweet or overly heavy.

Hi Brent...I've been searching for you.  It's Nancy from the RC Navigator cruise.  If you have a minute, can you tell me the guidelines you used for the Pub/Poker Crawl?  I just booked us on the NCL Sun - November 9th (5-day includes Cuba). I'm thinking I need to coordinate such an event. It was quite smooth and you seemed to have it all together...need your tips.  I remember the two sided tickets, the cup, signing of the cards in your presence, etc., any recommendations or am I missing anything to keep it as well organized as you did?

Nancy

1 hour ago, Grand & Nana said:

Hi Brent...I've been searching for you.  It's Nancy from the RC Navigator cruise.  If you have a minute, can you tell me the guidelines you used for the Pub/Poker Crawl?  I just booked us on the NCL Sun - November 9th (5-day includes Cuba). I'm thinking I need to coordinate such an event. It was quite smooth and you seemed to have it all together...need your tips.  I remember the two sided tickets, the cup, signing of the cards in your presence, etc., any recommendations or am I missing anything to keep it as well organized as you did?

Nancy

Hi Nancy! Nice to hear from you!!! 

I'll send you a message through here, but basically you have it all right.