9:45AM - FLL

Empehi

I put your chances of making the flight at 95%.  Maybe even higher.  I'm still yet to see a single person come back here and tell us they missed their flight and we get this question ALL the time.  Not one single person.

Allure has really early disembarkation.  You can walk off with your own bags at 6:30 - 6:45AM.  We walk off at 6:45AM from Oasis class (and Allure a few months ago) and we are always home by 7:15 - 7:20AM.  We live about 20 minutes further than the airport.

Providing no serious delays, which is very rare, you can self-disembark and pretty easily make a 9:45AM flight.  I would do it for sure.

RCI now has some departures of Oasis-class ships scheduled for PortMiami as well as Port Everglades. So we can no longer state unequivocally that you are off those ships that early and at FLL that quickly without the OP specifying which Port. 

The last three trips put of FLL, we've been sitting at the check-in counter, waiting for the airline staff to arrive, by 7:30AM after leaving Terminal 2 at Port Everglades. We do have Trusted Traveller/NEXUS/TSA PreCheck which has helped expediting us through security however. This being said, what is your fallback plan if the Customs/Immigration people hold things up, or the ship is delayed in arriving for some unforeseeable reason?

Between Norovirus and a couple of other things, disembarkation has been a bit of a hot mess lately at Port Everglades.

I know what is in the past has nothing to do with your ship but anything can delay a ship.

I'd play it safe and take a later flight.

On 4/11/2019 at 4:07 PM, JohninDC said:

Do you want to worry about making your flight home while you criuse?  I would be safe and find a flight closer to noon

John, perhaps the OP may be like me.  I don't worry about missing a flight, never have.  If I miss it, I either get a later one or spend the night and take one the next day. For me, life is too short to worry about missing a flight.😃

6 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

John, perhaps the OP may be like me.  I don't worry about missing a flight, never have.  If I miss it, I either get a later one or spend the night and take one the next day. For me, life is too short to worry about missing a flight.😃

We just ' discovered'  staying longer after our last cruise and it is sooooo much more relaxing do so.  Also the flight home was less expensive and at a time that was much more conducive to our liking.  We saved nearly as much as a one night stay in a hotel.   It will be our new modus operandi in the future for sure.

10 minutes ago, Husky61 said:

Especially post-cruise.  I've always felt the same way.  9:45AM flight is generally easy to make if you do self-assist, etc.  If you miss it, you act like a big boy, walk up to the desk and say "Hey, I missed my flight, what are my options."

We never book a flight before noon.  Been on several ships that have had delayed disembarkation or not enough customs agents and therefore long lines at pier and also had huge lines for even TSA precheck at FLL.  We take our time getting off the ship, call Uber or Lyft and get to airport.  We then check in and go hang at United club until our flight.   I just don’t want the stress of having to worry if I miss my flight.

I know people say you would have to just go on a later flight, good luck with that.  I travel a lot and %98 of flights are packed to the max.   Not even sure how that works if you are late to flight.  Do they charge you a change fee?

IMHO it is not worth the stress for me at all.