What Is It??

Daniel A

We saw it floating in the water before we passed it.  When I brought my camera out onto my balcony the lens fogged up going from the A/C into the hot humid air so I couldn't film it until after we had already passed by it.  It wasn't moving and it was symmetrical so the other side looks just like what we see from this angle.  In reviewing my longer copy of the video, you can clearly see a bird sitting on top of it.

8 hours ago, Daniel A said:

We saw it floating in the water before we passed it.  When I brought my camera out onto my balcony the lens fogged up going from the A/C into the hot humid air so I couldn't film it until after we had already passed by it.  It wasn't moving and it was symmetrical so the other side looks just like what we see from this angle.  In reviewing my longer copy of the video, you can clearly see a bird sitting on top of it.

Looks like we will never know.   😞

I think jlp20 got it right calling it a palm tree trunk.  This is very uncanny but I got off the Coral in Fort Lauderdale today and I was driving down a street lined with Royal Palm trees.  Lo! and behold! when I saw this dead Royal Palm tree, I almost went off the road

933158922_P4200035(2).thumb.JPG.51016f634bca1fc6cf5961d4abdde196.JPG

I am certain this is the same thing I saw floating in the water off the side of the Coral.  It was the same size, color and shape.  As my old philosophy professor used to say, "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck, it must be a Royal Palm Deadhead."  I wonder if this is the very palm tree Ensign Pulver threw overboard...

315550214_Whatisit.jpg.0f6aac472dbd650eabd35998c7546ea9.jpg

Thanks to all who contributed (including Beldar!)

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 3