Is it only Oasis/Anthem class ships that often exclude Chops from BOGO?

SAmome

Each ship is free to implement restrictions as they see fit.  Many ships allow Chops but exclude Hibachi, Hooked or Wonderland.  On some ships Chops is their best venue so they make up restrictions knowing people will book Chops without a BOGO.

The only consistency with Royal is a complete lack of consistency.   

44 minutes ago, SAmome said:

I'm assuming Mariner/Navigator and smaller ships, with fewer specialty options and already excluding Hibachi, it would be harder to exclude Chops.

Been on Anthem some 4 times and whether it's the 2 restaurant package or the + BOGO, Chop's has never been excluded.  Off the Symphony Feb 2 sail and went to Chop's the 1st night as part of the 2 restaurants promo.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 1:29 PM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Each time I've done BOGO on anthem I have been assigned Chops and Jamies.

Assigned? Does that mean they assign which restaurants you get to go to? Are you then able to change it? I'm afraid to book the BOGO for our cruise next month on the Allure if I can't choose Chops and Tepanyaki, or even 2 times at Chops. I don't like any of the others.

3 hours ago, sailor05 said:

Assigned? Does that mean they assign which restaurants you get to go to? Are you then able to change it? I'm afraid to book the BOGO for our cruise next month on the Allure if I can't choose Chops and Tepanyaki, or even 2 times at Chops. I don't like any of the others.

Hibachi (Teppanyaki) has always been excluded from the BOGO. You could dine twice at Chops.  

Some shops will assign your first night only but you are free to change that based on availability once you are on-board.

14 hours ago, sailor05 said:

That is the premise, but mine on Symphony was not assigned.  Simply went to Chop's as we boarded and made the reserves for Chop's and Hooked Seafood for the 4th night.

Was just on the Allure and we went to Chops (had the BOGO).  So, it was not excluded to answer your question.  I have to say that it was our least favorite amongst the speciality dining that we tried this time.  The main reason being service and food was just ok.  We usually love Chops.  I have to say if you go, I do highly recommend the filet - because the filet was the highlight.  Off topic, but I have to mention that 150 Park was absolutely amazing, one of the best speciality dining experiences I've had on any cruise ship.