No More Budweiser On Board???

NJ CRUISE

I have been to many beer tastings and talked to many beer "experts" and asked them the same question and always got the same answer.

I asked "What is the best beer?" and they replied "The one you like the most".

Still, there are many people who will only buy the most expensive beer because they believe it must be the best. Many liquor companies have taken advantage of these people who buy "only the best and most expensive" by raising their price on one of their products, changing the label and proclaiming it "the best".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ray98 said:

Funny they chose to remove Budweiser....it is still ranks #3 in sales for the US.  They have plenty of beers that don't even get 1% of market share yearly.

Ray, how can that be?  Judging by this thread no one likes it.  😉  Funny how everyone thinks their favorites are so much better.  We like to go to a local brewery here, Florida Beer Company.  They have some great beers and ciders that they brew and bottle onsite.  However, we also drink Bud Light and Mich Ultra - no beer snobs here.  😎

55 minutes ago, cruisemom2 said:

Ray, how can that be?  Judging by this thread no one likes it.  😉  Funny how everyone thinks their favorites are so much better.  We like to go to a local brewery here, Florida Beer Company.  They have some great beers and ciders that they brew and bottle onsite.  However, we also drink Bud Light and Mich Ultra - no beer snobs here.  😎

Very true.....you read this without context and you would think no one is buying it after the beer snobbery comes out. 

In reality last year they brewed over 13 million barrels which gave it a market share of 6.3%.  It is still the highest selling full flavored beer on the market, only surpassed by Coors Light with a 7.5% share and their own Bud Light with absolutely dominates the entire US beer market with over a 15% share.  That isn't a beer removed from the cruise ships because of poor sales.

Edited by ray98
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:56 AM, Joebucks said:

It is physically impossible to have a Budweiser thread without hearing that "better" beers exist. Just like everything else. There's better cruise lines, better food, better ports, blah blah blah.

Personally, I'm sick of craft beers. I feel like garbage after drinking them. I love a good Bud Light Platinum for abv and being lighter. What I'm more sad about is Carnival doesn't carry Jim Beam. 

Jim Beam is my bourbon of choice and thought I remembered getting it on a Carnival cruise.  It is indeed sad if they no longer carry it.

1 hour ago, mexicobob said:

Jim Beam is my bourbon of choice and thought I remembered getting it on a Carnival cruise.  It is indeed sad if they no longer carry it.

I looked for it in the fun shop, and it was gone for in-room consumption. It was also missing from lists of bourbon I've seen offered in the bars. 

Edited by Joebucks

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, soonernstlouis said:

The current name of the conglomerate is Anheuser-Busch InBev & has been non-U.S. owned since 2008.  

Without being political, there has been some domestic job loss due to the new ownership.  But ask any St. Louisan & they would say keep buying Bud since many well paying U.S. jobs still do exist.  And if you ever go to St. Louis, stop by Grant’s Farm!

Thanks For making my point for me, Just found this thread...

Mike

St Louis

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:28 PM, ray98 said:

Funny they chose to remove Budweiser....it is still ranks #3 in sales for the US.  They have plenty of beers that don't even get 1% of market share yearly.

Most people that drink Budweiser probably do not get on a cruise ship

On 4/14/2019 at 7:48 AM, runner15km said:

Hoping Yuengling  is onboard. 🙂 Most craft beers are too "hoppy " and too high in alcohol for me. 

Yuengling lager is the nectar of the gods, but I have never seen it on a cruise ship.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mexicobob said:

Most people that drink Budweiser probably do not get on a cruise ship

Yeah....it takes a good sized portion of the population to consume 20% of the beer market yet, tens of millions of people.  You are right, I bet none of them cruise. 

On that note they probably don't go to restaurants, concerts or sporting events either where those two brands dominate the market also.🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ray98 said:

Yeah....it takes a good sized portion of the population to consume 20% of the beer market yet, tens of millions of people.  You are right, I bet none of them cruise. 

On that note they probably don't go to restaurants, concerts or sporting events either where those two brands dominate the market also.🙄

Both flagship North American brands- Bud and Bud Light have been losing market share for several years now.  Young folks are shifting to fruiter drinks- wine and ciders and flavored hard seltzers.  Lots of Gen Xers are going to other lighter colored bevies and craft beer too.  Boomers are drinking less as they age.

16 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Both flagship North American brands- Bud and Bud Light have been losing market share for several years now.  Young folks are shifting to fruiter drinks- wine and ciders and flavored hard seltzers.  Lots of Gen Xers are going to other lighter colored bevies and craft beer too.  Boomers are drinking less as they age.

I understand that, however you are still talking about the #1 and #3 selling beer.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:22 PM, JMAE said:

I just logged into my booking for 9/8/19 and went to the Fun Shoppes for in-stateroom beverages and they have listed Bud Light 4 pack for $24.

This thread is about Carnival no longer carrying Budweiser. Carnival still carries/sells Bud Light on their ships. 

I have been drinking bud for 40 years, but won’t be drinking them on carnival anymore lol not the end of the world, we can speculate all we want the reason why, but ultimately only the people at the board meeting where this decision was made know the reasoning behind it. I enjoy reading the knowledge based fact of some posters and the “creative “reasoning of others..... cruise on  lol

7 minutes ago, DiverJohn said:

I have been drinking bud for 40 years, but won’t be drinking them on carnival anymore lol not the end of the world, we can speculate all we want the reason why, but ultimately only the people at the board meeting where this decision was made know the reasoning behind it. I enjoy reading the knowledge based fact of some posters and the “creative “reasoning of others..... cruise on  lol

Probably the same people that decided to no longer carry Strongbow several years ago and no longer carry Bud Light Lime several months ago. 

18 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Similar to the smoking thread. Sure you can identify movement in trends, but what does that have to do with anything? Do they stop carrying the #1 selling beer and replace it with ciders and seltzers?

It's like saying gen xers are eating less steak than previous generations. Instead, they're eating more kale and tofu. So steakhouses decided to discontinue beef steak and offer tofu steak. How much sense does that make to get rid of their bread and butter?

Ray98 and JoeBucks, fully understand the flagship brand is out there on land and corner bars carry it or their only distributor only carries it.  Not sure if a tofu/kale stand alone restaurant would survive in mid size cities where steakhouses (even chains) do. 

But the point is that Carnival's customers have spoken with their pocketbooks and given the limited storage on board ships, the presence of unsold King of Beers hogging room warrants a change by management  into something that moves--like any beer in a clear bottle.

11 hours ago, Joebucks said:

It's like saying gen xers are eating less steak than previous generations. Instead, they're eating more kale and tofu. So steakhouses decided to discontinue beef steak and offer tofu steak. How much sense does that make to get rid of their bread and butter?

Bread and butter?😕  You lost me.  I thought you were talking about steak and tofu and kale.

🤪

On 4/13/2019 at 9:44 PM, NJ CRUISE said:

Recently off the Paradise, and noticed there was no Budweiser being offered in the beer selections at the bars.

Asked a couple of bartenders and they said Carnival was not stocking it anymore.

End of an era I guess.

Has the "King of Beers" really fallen that far???

It was never the "king of beers". That's a dopey ad campaign that any person who knows even halfway decent beers would say it's an awful product that just appeals to the masses. 

On 4/18/2019 at 11:13 AM, davy jones said:

Yuengling lager is the nectar of the gods, but I have never seen it on a cruise ship.

If it is, I may stray outside of Cheers a time or ten.

/casually sipping Yuengling Black & Tan while reading