Is "Adagio" still a featured music group?

BJzink

On 4/19/2019 at 12:35 PM, JudithLynne said:

We will be on the Amsterdam in 2 months and hoping to have Adagio on board.

Yes, me too. I'll be on Amsterdam for 2 weeks in Alaska and i'm looking forward to a drink in the Explorer's Lounge while listening to Adagio.  One of my favorite things about HAL. I hope they don't discontinue it altogether on the smaller ships.

• 2 weeks later...

Volendam last week had "Adagio" and it was a pianist and violinist in the Explorer Lounge........  Violinist was ok.......pianist......not much to write home about.   Down to 2 peep's and a sparse crowd!

Just got off Rotterdam on April 29 after a transatlantic repo. They had a string quartet called Adagio who performed. However, during the crossing they had closed the Explorer's lounge and contractors spent the crossing turning the area into a Lincoln Center venue. Similar to the Lincoln Center venues on the Vista class. No idea when they plan to transition to Lincoln Center performers but the foundation was certainly laid.

5 hours ago, Fred321 said:

Just got off Rotterdam on April 29 after a transatlantic repo. They had a string quartet called Adagio who performed. However, during the crossing they had closed the Explorer's lounge and contractors spent the crossing turning the area into a Lincoln Center venue. Similar to the Lincoln Center venues on the Vista class. No idea when they plan to transition to Lincoln Center performers but the foundation was certainly laid.

I'm pleased to learn that even the smaller ships are getting Lincoln Center.

On 4/23/2019 at 1:17 AM, Copper10-8 said:

They (the Filipino trio performing in the Ocean Bar) were known as the Rosario Strings. There were some other Filipino bands like Crossover, Sea Breeze and the Basul Trio. They were all replaced around 2009 by the Neptunes trio (not a Filipino band) on the smaller ships; I know Amsterdam still has an Ocean Bar trio

News Flash! MS Maasdam; on our recent French Polynesian Cruise from Auckland to San Francisco had a Filipino band that played in Ocean Bar. They were very popular as they did Oldies and Goodies.

Lots of dancing and hopefully Filipino Bands will be back on other ships.

It was like going back in time. Let Hal know you want Filipino bands back playing on-board.

• Thanks 1

Currently the Rotterdam has a four man band in the Ocean Bar. All four of the guys are from Mexico but they are the best quartet that we have ever seen including the old time Rosario strings on the Prinsendam. These guys play the classic american songbook (think Cole Porter, Johhny Mercer) as well as Brazilian and Mexican classics. They encourage dancing and the Ocean Bar was full on almost every night of our month aboard. They said they would be on until September.

10 hours ago, aliaschief said:

News Flash! MS Maasdam; on our recent French Polynesian Cruise from Auckland to San Francisco had a Filipino band that played in Ocean Bar. They were very popular as they did Oldies and Goodies.

Lots of dancing and hopefully Filipino Bands will be back on other ships.

It was like going back in time. Let Hal know you want Filipino bands back playing on-board.

The Volendam also had a trio in the Ocean Bar on our February 30-day Incan Empires cruise.  They started approx 4:30 pm playing 45 minute sets and alternating with a solo pianist (also playing easy listening music) most nights until close to midnight.  They were fairly popular, on several nights closing well after the piano entertainer in The Mix who drew very few people (think 6 or 8 regulars) after the nightly 8 or 9 pm Name That Tune game.