THANKS TO ROYAL CARIBBEAN

15 hours ago, Lionesss said:

To the OP, thanks for sharing your experience.

Very happy it worked out for you........................

I really don't know how I personally would react to this situation that has impacted so many if it ever happened to me.

I can only hope and pray that all eventually get the vacation of a life time.

Safe travels.

Personally speaking, I would take my refunds and as quickly as possible make plans to go somewhere else. It probably wouldn't be the vacation I had planned and hoped for. But it would still be a vacation.

And yes, we have had to cancel and change vacation plans at the last moment. We didn't like it, but we didn't have any choice so we made the best of it and was happy.

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Interesting, obviously not an authority, but read on the Oasis drydock thread that per EU regulations, since taxes are not broke out, they would get an FCC for the full price.

If you are referring to sales tax, then yes, the FCC includes those. I was pointing out that port taxes were not part of the FCC. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

How would you know that ...

Trying hard to be funny? 🙄

Actually he quite succeeded in being funny.  😎

Like you, we were booked on the TA.  First one, first time ever to Europe, the whole bit.  SO much planning shot to pieces and we were devastated!  That doesn't change the fact that Royal really stepped up.  They even refunded our suddenly useless airfare from Barcelona to Munich that we had no way of changing into another flight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Royal has stepped up for me as well. I love how they put the customers first for the most part. The agents who I deal with are professional and friendly. When I raise an issue they deal with it and rise to  the occasssion. So yes thanks for commending good customer service. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

How would you know that ...

Trying hard to be funny? 🙄

Welcome to tonight's match between two worthy contenders. In this corner, we have _____ and in this corner, _____.  Who will walk away with the World Heavyweight title?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Isn't "the villages" like a suburb to the cemetery... just with a fancy name ? 🤔

Not an authority,  but folks seem to live/play there 20+ years. 

Not sure what that has to do with the direction of the comment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KmomChicago said:

Welcome to tonight's match between two worthy contenders. In this corner, we have _____ and in this corner, _____.  Who will walk away with the World Heavyweight title?

Captain America vs Loki

• Haha 1

Isn't "the villages" like a suburb to the cemetery... just with a fancy name ? 🤔

No there are 125,000 of us here. Larges golf complex in the world. Over 50,000 golf carts. It's like a Disney land for adults. Also fastest growing complex in the US for 2018.

• Like 1

Yeah are calling it complaining because  that is your culture.... 🙄

I  call it pointing out the room for serious improvement! 👍

How we accept/accomodate one's cultural differences is the key. 

When in Rome....

1 minute ago, villager70 said:

No there are 125,000 of us here. Larges golf complex in the world. Over 50,000 golf carts. It's like a Disney land for adults. Also fastest growing complex in the US for 2018.

Is there a Westie club/group?🐾🐾

32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought they were still EU.🤔

For now 😉

Only kind of.... they are very different - never really integrated...different law basis too...

Still a kingdom and their Parliament is a hoot! 😂

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

29 minutes ago, villager70 said:

Yep that is what I thought! 👍

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

29 minutes ago, villager70 said:

We hear, over here on the coast, that in addition to all the great things at the Villages, they have the highest STD rate by sq/mile than any other location in Florida. Any truth to these rumors?

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We hear, over here on the coast, that in addition to all the great things at the Villages, they have the highest STD rate by sq/mile than any other location in Florida. Any truth to these rumors?

Just keep your wick dry, no problem

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2019 at 7:49 AM, villager70 said:

We started cruising with Royal Caribbean in the nineties. Over the years  much has been written  both pro and con on different matters that have  occurred. We were booked on the Oasis  for April 9th and experienced the cancellation  along with the 14th. & the 21st TransAtlantic. This time Royal  stepped up and went beyond their requirements. We have already received our 100% refund for the entire purchased price including  taxes, insurance , and non refundable deposit.  Also in the offer was a  full amount future  cruise credit  ( less taxes)  on  future cruise which we have already used  for the Harmony. This kind of response to a   problem that arises  shows the kind of Customer service  that  other lines can use as a bookmark.  We  want to express our   concern for all the people  that missed that special week, such as weddings,1st cruisers, anniversaries,   etc.  but there will be another  sometime in  your future .

Thanks again Royal Caribbean for stepping up and doing the right thing.                   

Bob & Nancy  The Villages, Florida       71 cruises and counting

I am so happy for you and your fellow Oasis cruisers.  Royal certainly did step up to help compensate their customers for this sailing.  I guess I am a little envious as I was in a similar situation with a cancelled Navigator cruise in February due to a delayed dry dock. Royal compensated us with 50% future cruise credit.  I think the situation was similar however the way I see it the Oasis delay was due to something outside of their control while the Navigator delay was due to poor planning and tight scheduling for a dry dock which is not an accident or act of God.  In my humble opinion they should have compensated the Navigator cruisers with 100% of their cruise fair as FCC.  We were given only 12 days notice for that cancelation.

I am still loyal to Royal however, I don't know how they made decisions around compensation.  🎯

38 minutes ago, cruisekap said:

I am so happy for you and your fellow Oasis cruisers.  Royal certainly did step up to help compensate their customers for this sailing.  I guess I am a little envious as I was in a similar situation with a cancelled Navigator cruise in February due to a delayed dry dock. Royal compensated us with 50% future cruise credit.  I think the situation was similar however the way I see it the Oasis delay was due to something outside of their control while the Navigator delay was due to poor planning and tight scheduling for a dry dock which is not an accident or act of God.  In my humble opinion they should have compensated the Navigator cruisers with 100% of their cruise fair as FCC.  We were given only 12 days notice for that cancelation.

I am still loyal to Royal however, I don't know how they made decisions around compensation.  🎯

I agree! 👍

I am glad the  crane fell on Oasis... our vacation is so much better now! 👍

And RCI could have been much worse... they were as good as they get in this case! 👍