Upsell Offer - My First!

CruzerDeb

My first-ever upgrade email! Upgrade my balcony to a mini suite. I’d love to, but not for an extra $400.  Worth it?  Sailing on the Ruby Princess to Alaska. My balcony is on 12 and looks like there's a mini-suite available on 9; both cabins are forward.  Thoughts?

Is that an extra $400 per person or for the total upgrade.  I love the extra room in the MiniSuite and we tend to book them most often but I wouldn't do $400 per person for it.  If $200 per person, I would do it.  Just my opinion.  Enjoy your cruise.  We love Alaska.

9 minutes ago, JenRonn1104 said:

Is that an extra $400 per person or for the total upgrade.  I love the extra room in the MiniSuite and we tend to book them most often but I wouldn't do $400 per person for it.  If $200 per person, I would do it.  Just my opinion.  Enjoy your cruise.  We love Alaska.

$200 pp.  Cruising with my mom; I just talked to her and we've decided not to do it.

I think the $200pp price is well worth it for a minisuite, but that depends on your own preferences.  Your balcony cabin is covered, the minisuites are uncovered.  You would have a larger tub/shower combo vs. a small shower.  You would have a sofa to sit on separately from the beds, and a second TV.  We would jump on that upgrade, but it's what is important to you. 

I believe it is a club class.  At least this morning they showed one mini available and it was CC.  It's been sold out for a couple of days now.  I would probably take it if it was.  But I do like a covered balcony for Alaska, if the weather is wet.

For the upgrade price we would have also taken it.    On a side note if either one of you have any sort of mobility issues stepping up into the shower/tub combo might be a problem.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, waltd said:

For the upgrade price we would have also taken it.    On a side note if either one of you have any sort of mobility issues stepping up into the shower/tub combo might be a problem.   

Me too! And I'm a solo so I'd pay the full $400