Coffee makers

BitburgBoy

8 hours ago, PaulMCO said:

Still can't buy that especially since they are in all of NCL's Haven suites.

More of an issue is where to put them.  Certainly on the R ships there is little room even in the PH to put them. 

Nespresso coffee makers  are in all the Crystal suites and in Viking, There is always room for a small Nespresso which can also be run pod less  for tea. Nespresso advises to run without pod for cleaning with and without their wonderful cleaner. All this stuff about them being dangerous is nonsense.

You will also find them in all top European hotels where they know their coffee, on land. No fires on land or sea.👍👍

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

On our next couple of Oceania Cruises we have a Butler and know how to use them.

We don’t need more clutter in our Cabin. The Butler brings the hot pot of coffee and then house keeping takes it all away when finished. Easy Peasy!

There are numerous control freaks both here on CC and aboard ship. They refuse any assistance from their Butler, they refuse to use the services of their Travel Agent and insist upon always doing everything direct themselves. 

Now they want to make their own coffee. Next they’ll want want a cabin with kitchen facilities so they can cook their own food and do their own dishes. Perhaps what the market needs is a new do it yourself cruise line. Just like renting a cabin in the mountains. Haul all your own food and beverages aboard and eat and drink it where and when you want! Extra charges for not hauling your own garbage of ship. Probably get lots of takers, problem here is that’s not Oceania.

Put a Nespresso in the cabin and soon we’ll see posts asking whether Oceania provides double mocha bourbon mint Nespresso or can one email ahead to ensure they have at least 20 cartridges in their cabin upon arrival!

I believe “ DIY” Lines might have a huge market following. Maybe they’ll even allow laundry lines on the verandas!  I’ll stick with calling my Butler. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pinot, while I think that your comment may be somewhat extreme (!) I do have to say that when we were on NCL's GEM in 2010 we did have a coffee maker ... which we never used.  I don't have a great desire to have one in my cabin.  Yes, we're usually in a suite on Oceania and so it's very easy to order coffee if we want it.  When we have NOT been in a suite, there wasn't room for a coffee maker anyway (I'm talking about the "R" ships).

So while I have some sympathy for those who really want to make their own tea or coffee in the room, I have no need myself for that "luxury".

When I'm in a Motel 6 ... that's different!

Mura

11 hours ago, pinotlover said:

There are numerous control freaks both here on CC and aboard ship. They refuse any assistance from their Butler, they refuse to use the services of their Travel Agent and insist upon always doing everything direct themselves. 

Now they want to make their own coffee. Next they’ll want want a cabin with kitchen facilities so they can cook their own food and do their own dishes. Perhaps what the market needs is a new do it yourself cruise line. Just like renting a cabin in the mountains. Haul all your own food and beverages aboard and eat and drink it where and when you want! Extra charges for not hauling your own garbage of ship. Probably get lots of takers, problem here is that’s not Oceania.

Put a Nespresso in the cabin and soon we’ll see posts asking whether Oceania provides double mocha bourbon mint Nespresso or can one email ahead to ensure they have at least 20 cartridges in their cabin upon arrival!

I believe “ DIY” Lines might have a huge market following. Maybe they’ll even allow laundry lines on the verandas!  I’ll stick with calling my Butler. 

I'm somewhat disappointed in myself for rising to the bait of your "get off my lawn" hyperbolic rant.  That said, I am chuckling at the notion that, should you find the offending and unwanted  nespresso machine in your cabin, you wouldn't think to "use your butler" and tell him to remove it for the duration.

This is not the thin end of a wedge for Heaven's sake, nor is it a sign of the End of Days.  It's a concept that pleases some, while clearly irking others.  We are not all the same - hence the reason for pillow menus.
  • Like 1

Anyone remember back when hotels didn’t have coffeemakers in the Rooms? Years ago on a business trip in NYC I was desperate for that first cup of coffee, looking out my window I saw  what looked like a coffee truck. Luckily I had a nice lack trench coat put it on and purchased a wonderful cup of java! I do have a suggestion just put on the robe and slippers in your closet and go to horizons fora cup Togo!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 6:25 AM, orchestrapal said:

We have never had a coffee maker in the suites on Oceania unfortunately.

Always have wonderful Nespresso machines with all the coffee and fixings choices on Crystal and Viking, wonderful!

It is something we miss on O because even when brought by the butler the coffee was never hot enough.

Isn't there a lounge, 24/7, for suites?  I know there is for Veranda Concierge.

9 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Only on the Marina & Riviera

no lounges on the R ships

Ah, thanks.  Since we're going to be on the Marina I hadn't paid enough attention obviously.

• 1 year later...
On 5/22/2019 at 8:54 AM, pinotlover said:

I partly agree with you. There are so many people complaining on unequipped rooms and that's weird cause that won't change their mind on going on cruise.  On the other hand it would be nice to have a Nespresso machine. 

Edited by still_c
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 5:30 PM, pinotlover said:

There are several wonderful options for coffee throughout the ship including room service and/ or the Butler. I have zero desire to have a coffee maker, and all the related stuff, cluttering my already limited counter space. Continue to keep clutter to a minimum! 

plus 1

Jancruz1

Me — I love my Nespresso machine.  Everyday, while home, I consume two double espresso lattes.  

While on the Marina or the Riviera — you will find me sitting in Baristas for an hour or two with book and iPad consuming a few macchiatos and watching the world (and people) pass by.

33C01A62-734B-474C-9BEC-4F46EB01C124.jpeg

• Like 2

Regent has coffee machines in most of their cabins. They are owned by the same parent company as Oceania. It would appear that the decision to not have them on Oceania ships isn’t driven by safety concerns. 
Anyone willing to pay large sums for this feature might consider Regent as an option. I estimate that the additional cost to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $800/day. 🤗

Perhaps the perfect place for them to be located is on the counters, next to the sink and water supply, in the spacious bathrooms! A nice addition for the R ships. 😂

For those of us not wanting more clutter, in our already limited space cabins, I wonder where the staff will be storing all those coffee makers during voyage that the vast majority of us have hauled out of our cabins to reclaim the limited desk/counter space we do have? I’m sure the ships abound with extra space to store them. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blacksmith said:

Not sure what brand they are. They make expresso and regular coffee. 

I see they are  in the PH cabins in a designated area like a butlers pantry

when there is 59 sq m + you have space to make room for that extra amenity

I prefer the fresh ground coffee at Barristas    a personal choice  though

JMO

• Like 2