Platinum Arrival Time?

Phil_and_Cyndi

Hi, we are going to become platinum on our next cruise!  On my Carnival paperwork it says that we have an arrival appointment between 12:30-1:00.  Since we are priority by becoming platinum, would it be okay to come earlier than the arrival appointment?  Our flight comes into LGA in New York at 10:00am on Memorial Day, so we will probably arrive around 11:00 at the pier.  Would that be too early to get there and could we just go into the priority line when we get there?  Thank you in advance!

As Platinum cruisers, you have an assigned check in time, but you are allowed to arrive and check in at whatever time you like.  Just show your documents and jump in the priority line!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lottacruises said:

They should really up the number of days to reach platinum to allow more time to research its benefits.

That was not required.  It was just an honest question.  I have 22 completed Carnival cruises and I read the post just to confirm if any thing had changed.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 10:28 AM, Lottacruises said:

They should really up the number of days to reach platinum to allow more time to research its benefits.

In your option up the number of days to how many?

I have been platinum for about 5 cruises now, and enjoy every perk they offer and my girl friend who is now red I'm sure she enjoys the benefits as well.

16 minutes ago, AndrewD65 said:

In your option up the number of days to how many?

I have been platinum for about 5 cruises now, and enjoy every perk they offer and my girl friend who is now red I'm sure she enjoys the benefits as well.

In my opinion, which doesnt matter, 125.

There are so many platinums that the benefits of priority luggage, and getting on and off the ship are not so great. Too many people have these benefits. 

Their other option to help with this is to add a level after platinum or gold, and move those benefits to the higher level. 

Leave it as is, or change it, people will complain.

One real thing they could do and not have to change again is to make rhe days (or nights) drop off after some years, say 10. People would complain there too, but carnival will have solved their problem.

1 minute ago, Lottacruises said:

There are so many platinums that the benefits of priority luggage, and getting on and off the ship are not so great. Too many people have these benefits. 

Their other option to help with this is to add a level after platinum or gold, and move those benefits to the higher level. 

One real thing they could do and not have to change again is to make rhe days (or nights) drop off after some years, say 10. People would complain there too, but carnival will have solved their problem.

I agree with you 100%

No matter what Carnival does people will complain. I do enjoy the tiers that carnival has as I work my way toward diamond. I will say that I feel the priority luggage thing is a joke because I have never received my luggage anytime prior to setting sail.

I do agree carnival should add another tier and mix it up from time to time.  

• Thanks 1

Plat 18 ccl cruises. Got to port at 10:45.no more special lounge, shuffled off to a separate line. Started to ...Walk aboard and got stopped! Guy said you missed your Window! Got pushed into the rest, standing and waiting. Disembarking was even worse! Don’t get your hopes up with CCL plat! A.few old choc covered strawberries, pin and watered down drinks at D/P reception! Shop the best deal, do not be loyal to any cruise line, 

51 minutes ago, Lottacruises said:

Like you I think they need to update the number of days to become Platinum. I also think if they ever do a change like this, there should be no grandfathering people like they did in the past. I know more than a few Platinums who still are not close to 75 days. People will always be upset with changes, but like you mentioned, it’s tough for Carnival to provide perks to the large number of D&Ps you frequently encounter on ships. 

• Like 1

Agreed, grandfathering people in would not solve their problem. If one has ever been on a cruise where of the 3200 are sailing 1200 are diamond or platinum the issue of having so many can easily be seen. They are heading in the direction where that is the norm, if they retain their cruisers. I went on two 4 day cruises last month, one I was the only diamond, the other there was about 6. The platinum meeting area seemed to have alot of people in it. Of course, I dont know who was really platinum and who was friends of platinum, which is another issue in itself.

10 hours ago, TNCruzer56 said:

Plat 18 ccl cruises. Got to port at 10:45.no more special lounge, shuffled off to a separate line. Started to ...Walk aboard and got stopped! Guy said you missed your Window! Got pushed into the rest, standing and waiting. Disembarking was even worse! Don’t get your hopes up with CCL plat! A.few old choc covered strawberries, pin and watered down drinks at D/P reception! Shop the best deal, do not be loyal to any cruise line, 

Well this def answers the op’s question...

On 4/22/2019 at 10:11 AM, Phil_and_Cyndi said:

Hi, we are going to become platinum on our next cruise!  On my Carnival paperwork it says that we have an arrival appointment between 12:30-1:00.  Since we are priority by becoming platinum, would it be okay to come earlier than the arrival appointment?  Our flight comes into LGA in New York at 10:00am on Memorial Day, so we will probably arrive around 11:00 at the pier.  Would that be too early to get there and could we just go into the priority line when we get there?  Thank you in advance!

As others have mentioned you can go whenever you get there.  I don’t think if your flight lands at :GA you will get to pier by 11 but that was not the question....

• Like 1

If you land in LGA at 10AM, you might make it to the pier by 11AM if you have carry on luggage only. If you checked bags, you may not make it out og the airport until 11AM.

Either way, you can just show your Platinum boarding pass at security screening and check in.  You can sit in a designated platinum area to wait if boarding hasn't started yet.

• Like 2