Escape free ferry to St. George schedule

01Sweetpea

13 hours ago, 01Sweetpea said:

Does anyone know what the times are for the free ferry from Dockyard to St. George? Less than 4 weeks until our Escape cruise. 

Thanks! 

It's been posted before.  Pretty sure njhorseman has posted it and think I took a picture last June assuming they keep the same times.  Do a search or I'll try to post a link later.

5 hours ago, dexddd said:

It's been posted before.  Pretty sure njhorseman has posted it and think I took a picture last June assuming they keep the same times.  Do a search or I'll try to post a link later.

Not by me, but it has been posted in the past. I haven't seen this year's schedule though and they have made changes in past years so there's no guarantee that this year's schedule is identical to last year's.

1 hour ago, GrabMyWrist said:

The ferry runs roughly every 120 minutes from the dockyard, to St. George and back. The trip itself is about 40 minutes, one way. Times will be posted, both on the ship and off. Here's a general idea of the times.

enhance

And presumably this isn't this year's schedule since it mentions the Norwegian Dawn, so I agree with your comment about using it to provide a general idea of the times. They may have made adjustments this year.

7 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Not by me, but it has been posted in the past. I haven't seen this year's schedule though and they have made changes in past years so there's no guarantee that this year's schedule is identical to last year's.

Other than Bluesea (who lives there) you are pretty much Mr. Bermuda.

• Like 2

Checkout the Fall low prices later in the year for Bermuda ... especially those runs for 5 AND 4 days (and, double points) for November ... going to need the engine room to fire them all up at nearly full speed to make it work, just going by memories - of roughly 700+ nm each way.   Could easily see it dropped to $299 or less last minute if they "need" to fill up. 

Gem schedule last week was:

Monday

depart Dockyard 9am, 11:15am, 1:30pm

depart St. George's 10am, 12:30pm, 3pm, 5:15pm

Tuesday

depart Dockyard 9am, 11:15am, 1:30pm

depart St. George's 10am, 12:30pm, 3:30pm

7 minutes ago, sassyblond506 said:

Is St George better than Hamilton? 

St George’s is historic Bermuda, Hamilton is modern Bermuda. Hamilton has modern stores, and lots of restaurants along the Main Street. St George’s more quaint, with interesting shops, a few restaurants & drinking establishments. There’s a famous old chapel just off the main square.

it really depends on your interests. I suggest you check the “ports of call” page for Bermuda here on Cruise Critic.

38 minutes ago, shof515 said:

How well does the free ferry run when they are two NCL ships in port at the same time? In November, i will be on the dawn with the escape docking next to us for 2 days

It an get very crowded with one ship in port, particularly when the ship is a 4,000 passenger behemoth like the Escape, so it can only be more crowded if you toss another 2,000+ passengers into the mix.

Having two NCL ships in port at the same time is pretty rare so I don't think there's a lot of history to look back on to see how it worked in the past.

We are planning for our day in St. George next month.  Where does the NCL ferry dock in St George ...

Heeello, DTF & have a great one.

It's steps away, very short walk. These photos should help. Enjoy !!2a420733c0335922b5f6a4c1f2e5fb36.jpga0c54cbe392ffbb1b977b0458bec7da3.jpg

via AndroidOne Orie on Moto x4 with Tapatalk over Google Fi

10 hours ago, BxHx561 said:

Aside from the free ferry, are there other ferries that go to the same place more frequently??  

Yes. Walk towards the Clock Tower Mall and you’ll pass the Bermuda Ferry Terminal. Ferries to Hamilton and St George’s run all day. It’s only a slightly longer walk than the free ferry. I’m sure that the schedule is available on-line.

You can buy a combo bus/ferry ticket if you plan to use both during your stay (i.e. going to Horseshoe Bay Beach by bus).

Edited by cruiser1955a

10 hours ago, BxHx561 said:

Aside from the free ferry, are there other ferries that go to the same place more frequently??  

12 minutes ago, cruiser1955a said:

Yes. Walk towards the Clock Tower Mall and you’ll pass the Bermuda Ferry Terminal. Ferries to Hamilton and St George’s run all day. It’s only a slightly longer walk than the free ferry. I’m sure that the schedule is available on-line.

You can buy a combo bus/ferry ticket if you plan to use both during your stay (i.e. going to Horseshoe Bay Beach by bus).

Here's a link to the public ferry schedule. Orange Route ferries go to St. George, where the free NCL ferry goes. Blue Route ferries to Hamilton.

http://www.marineandports.bm/Documents/Ferry/Summer%20Ferry%20Schedule%202019.pdf

Somehow I missed this earlier -- looks like the ferries arrive on the south, inner elbow, right in the town.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/St.George's,+Bermuda/@32.3817466,-64.6861132,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x8a2d728c2be67107:0x80fc35300f6fa626!8m2!3d32.3819877!4d-64.6769793

Thanks for the pics, @mking8288! Are those at the Dockyard?  We are looking forward to Cruise #2.   What's your next cruise adventure?

... Are those at the Dockyard?  We are looking forward to Cruise #2.   What's your next cruise adventure?

Yes, Escape should be at Heritage's Wharf at Dockyard, the free NCL ferry will be directly across, just like the pictures ... we did our Halloween (on the) Escape last October & had (as always) a great time exploring Bermuda on our own.  The first free ferry usually has the ship tours heading to St. George's but if you join the queue 15 to 30 minutes early - ask at Guest Services for the "current" ferry schedule - everyone should get on.  Walk over to the VIC once there, ask & join the free Walking Tour, it's about an hour thru a church, 2 brief shopping stops, seeing old houses/homes along, scenic stops & old cemetary, etc. - very enjoyable, comfortable shoes for the hilly landscape.  An electric tram ride (for a nominal fee) is also available, book it on the spot.  Check my link below on the "Semi Live" from last year for all the goodies & tips.  Enjoy yours and have a safe & great one !

We are packing & ready to go this weekend, heading north (I know, still a bit chilly - change of scenery instead of the ususal milky runs) ... Dawn to NE & Canada & over land for a food feast to Greater Toronto early next month.  Remember PatJim who ran our Gem M&G last April ... they are booked on the Gem this Fall, overnighting in Quebec, although running into others from past Roll Calls, one just ran a M&G herself on the Getaway.  Keep in touch & take care. 

P.S. Waterfront view on the Escape of the ferry at night.44cc387109a209599778054debbf2262.jpg

We have that NE cruise on our bucket list, too.  Does that end in Quebec City or Montreal?  Montreal is one of my favorite places to visit - and only about a 5 hour drive for me.

I'm going to have to Google food festivals in Toronto.  If I left home right now, I could be there for dinner.  It's a lot easier for us to get our "Big City Fix" there than it is to travel to NYC.

I'll look for your Semi-Live for tips -- the walking tour sound right up our alley.   As much as I love beaches, we are also very interested in history too.  I mean who goes to Nassau with a must-stop at a museum re: slavery?  Me!