Just Boarded Summit Penthouse Suite 6147

goldsmip115

5 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

There re now 2 drawers in each nightable in the MBR and other newly added drawers in one of the new closets where the dressing area was located.  In addition, there is also a very large desk in the living room that can be used for work.  It has two outlets.  There is now also an outlet in the butlers pantry.

There was always a desk in the living room.  And I believe there was always an outlet in the butler's pantry.  I seem to recall plugging my battery chargers in there.

Day 5 on this magnificent ship.  Like everyone I suppose that as the days go by we become more relaxed and less intense.  I promised myself that I would do this review of the suite and the “edgification” of the Summit not so much because I enjoy doing it and spending my time this way.  Rather, it was based upon four factors.  First, the fact that I was so hungry for information about the renovation.  Second, that I became very concerned about information that I was receiving based upon speculation and tidbits here and there.  Third, that I was damn angry at Celebrity for not providing actual photos and credible information about the ship and its renovations.  But, last, and most important I want to pay it forward for all of the wonderful information that I have received on the boards by the kind and generous people who took time during or after their vacation to post pictures and reviews .  It has helped me in so many small and big ways over the years.  Oh, one other last and important reason.  I totally get it if you are paying large amounts of money for the top suites or suite and expect a great experience.  But I have become so frustrated by those (sometimes self included) that criticize the smallest of things when we are in the biggest of suites.  Don’t get me wrong.  When I am paying this kind of money my expectations are high, but I have to say that there have been some awfully nasty people and comments on these boards.  As well, I love to really get to know my cabin steward and butlers.  As the days have gone on they have very carefully and appropriately opened up to me about the frustrations and anger of prior guests in the top suites.  Will a cube around a table (while is in the process of being replaced) as opposed to a chair really ruin your entires cruise?  Especially since there are 5 very comfortable chairs around the dining table inside that can be placed outside if needed.  Is the fabric or firmness of your huge living room sofa really going to ruin your cruise?  Is the fact that you do not like all the KH vases and coral (that at least in the top suites) can be easily moved going to really ruin your cruise?  Please do not take your frustrations out on the staff or butlers!

before I pause let me state that while we were in Tortola today the noise on the verandahs above was fairly loud.  I think that they must be somehow replacing verandah furniture.  As well, I know that additional artwork has been placed on the wall since we boarded....while we were out of the suite, of course.  I know that there are still things that are being done and fixed per the Butler.i will tell you that the staff have been absolutely amazing and kind and that the ship is beautiful.

hope to give my promised review of Tuscan Grill and QSine today......stay tuned.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 7:58 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

There's still one available on my May 17 Solstice cruise to Alaska next month.  Amazing.  Of course, it's not an M class PH, but still pretty nice.  They are tough to get.  We were waitlisted on the 2020 Panama Canal cruises so long we just gave up.  Snagged 6148 for a B2B Iceland/Greenland cruise instead.

Thank you for this notice. I last minute grabbed the Solstice suite.

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

Day 5 on this magnificent ship.  Like everyone I suppose that as the days go by we become more relaxed and less intense.  I promised myself that I would do this review of the suite and the “edgification” of the Summit not so much because I enjoy doing it and spending my time this way.  Rather, it was based upon four factors.  First, the fact that I was so hungry for information about the renovation.  Second, that I became very concerned about information that I was receiving based upon speculation and tidbits here and there.  Third, that I was damn angry at Celebrity for not providing actual photos and credible information about the ship and its renovations.  But, last, and most important I want to pay it forward for all of the wonderful information that I have received on the boards by the kind and generous people who took time during or after their vacation to post pictures and reviews .  It has helped me in so many small and big ways over the years.  Oh, one other last and important reason.  I totally get it if you are paying large amounts of money for the top suites or suite and expect a great experience.  But I have become so frustrated by those (sometimes self included) that criticize the smallest of things when we are in the biggest of suites.  Don’t get me wrong.  When I am paying this kind of money my expectations are high, but I have to say that there have been some awfully nasty people and comments on these boards.  As well, I love to really get to know my cabin steward and butlers.  As the days have gone on they have very carefully and appropriately opened up to me about the frustrations and anger of prior guests in the top suites.  Will a cube around a table (while is in the process of being replaced) as opposed to a chair really ruin your entires cruise?  Especially since there are 5 very comfortable chairs around the dining table inside that can be placed outside if needed.  Is the fabric or firmness of your huge living room sofa really going to ruin your cruise?  Is the fact that you do not like all the KH vases and coral (that at least in the top suites) can be easily moved going to really ruin your cruise?  Please do not take your frustrations out on the staff or butlers!

before I pause let me state that while we were in Tortola today the noise on the verandahs above was fairly loud.  I think that they must be somehow replacing verandah furniture.  As well, I know that additional artwork has been placed on the wall since we boarded....while we were out of the suite, of course.  I know that there are still things that are being done and fixed per the Butler.i will tell you that the staff have been absolutely amazing and kind and that the ship is beautiful.

hope to give my promised review of Tuscan Grill and QSine today......stay tuned.

I so appreciate your review and I also appreciate you mentioning how people have nitpicked the renovation to death.  I finally had to use the Ignore button as every time I came here, it was so much negativity.  I was just on the Summit a month ago and had the most joyous time meeting people from all over the world, taking in the beauty of the Caribbean and unplugging from the hectic world we all live in.  One thing in life....if you look for something bad, you'll always find it.  On the other hand, if you look for the good, you'll usually find that as well.  Have a wonderful rest of your trip!

• Like 3

On 4/29/2019 at 10:37 AM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think those lamps on the night stand look like a holder with a roll of tp on it?

That was my first thought-why did they have tp rolls next to the bed.

Laura

3 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

I also really appreciate your posts.  But I'm the unfortunate soul who is the Sky Suite next to your PH.  That exact cabin.  That I hand-picked more than a year ago because I love dark wood and green marble (in the bathroom).  That now even YOU almost apologized for the ridiculous, uncomfortable looking chairs on our balcony (thank you again for those pictures).  And for the uncomfortable looking furniture inside the cabin that I've seen in other threads.

I had NO idea at the time I booked the changes that were going to take place.  I booked December 6, 2017.

I'm sorry, but I feel I am not getting what I signed on for, what I paid for.  Now too late to do anything about.

Sorry if I'm a Debbie Downer but I feel cheated.

• Like 2

Just wondering 1. why this cruise is a 'charter'?  Who is chartering it?  I guess that's why it wasn't listed in most publications I checked.

2.  Why is the ship stopping in Bermuda if only for 5 hours?

Thanks, and nice pictures!  We are sailing May 12.  But not in a penthouse!

A sea day today and internet is horribly slow.  I will not post any pictures, but I do have a couple of updates.  First, today was a birthday for one of of dear friends traveling with us on this cruise.  Cesar was fantastic and did a beautiful job of decorating the suite and throwing a party for 8 at 11am.  What an amazing man he is.  Pictures to follow when the internet is faster.  I am going to post this now and if it goes through I have an interesting update on the “big misses” on the Edge and on the continued updates to the suites on this ship.  Stay tuned....

As Cesar was setting up for the party we talked a lot about the complaints about suite balcony furniture on the Edge and also concerns about that and coffee tables on the Edge and on this ship.  He told us that there were some “very big mistakes” made in those two areas on the Edge and on this ship.  He said that corporate knows and is already fixing it on the Edge and then plan to do so on the Summit.  They are working on trying to start addressing the issues on the Summit now, but he does not yet know the timeframe.  

I told Cesar that I have “a very dear friend” sailing in 6145 in a few weeks and she is very upset about the table and chairs on the verandah.  Warmwinds, I asked Cesar if he can possibly do anything about this.  He is not sure.  I will remind him again of your sail date tomorrow and ask if he can do anything.  He has taken such wonderful care of us and we are taking wonderful care of him.  He is also aware that we will be back in this same suite for 11 nights on June 5th.  No promises, but I am trying to help you.

Warmwinds, I pride myself on always telling the truth.  When I talked about you staying in the adjacent suite I stretched the truth in referring to you as ‘dear friends.’  Can you give me your first name and first name of anyone who is staying with you in the suite.  Cesar refers to us Miss Patricia and Miss Karen just so you know who your “dear friends” are.

To respond to an earlier post, the ship is chartered by a company called Olivia.  It is an all women charter.  The itinerary was customized.  As to why it is only a 5 or 6 hour stop in Bermuda, I don’t know.  I guess is all that they could do and make it back to Bayonne by early Sunday morning.

• Like 1

Sure, be happy to, but I prefer to remain anonymous on the internet.

I have no idea how to send you a private message where I will give you both our first names.

I just tried clicking on your name, hitting the little Message envelope, and it told me I can only send 0 (zero) messages a day - what the heck???

I guess it's no big deal...Jean and Mike.  Boarding May 19.

Thanks.

Edited by warmwinds

23 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

A sea day today and internet is horribly slow.  I will not post any pictures, but I do have a couple of updates.  First, today was a birthday for one of of dear friends traveling with us on this cruise.  Cesar was fantastic and did a beautiful job of decorating the suite and throwing a party for 8 at 11am.  What an amazing man he is.  Pictures to follow when the internet is faster.  I am going to post this now and if it goes through I have an interesting update on the “big misses” on the Edge and on the continued updates to the suites on this ship.  Stay tuned....

Can you confirm that the fridge and microwave are still in the pantry?  Also, can you find out who will be the butler for this suite in early July. TIA.

There is no microwave oven. The full size refrigerator with ice in the door is in the butlers pantry. You will have Cesar as your butler if you are in 6147.  The finest butler that I have ever had.  I do not recall a microwave ever being in this suite.

There is no microwave oven. The full size refrigerator with ice in the door is in the butlers pantry. You will have Cesar as your butler if you are in 6147.  The finest butler that I have ever had.  I do not recall a microwave ever being in this suite.

Yes there was. See photo.  Right side of fridge

IMG_8850.JPG

Check your post #19.  Looks like a microwave in there🙄.  I know I saw it somewhere. 

2 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

I don’t know what Suite you are referencing, but the photo above is not the butlers pantry in this suite.  I just walked out of the butlers pantry in 6147 on the Summit and there is no microwave.

The photo was taken last year in 6148.

OMG.  You are right. There is a microwave. I have been in this suite for a week and just noticed it.  Sorry.

😁 Too funny.  Thanks.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  

Btw, how was your stop in bermuda?