Is Celebrity Giving Away OBC on their site???

argogirl

Hopefully someone can explain what just happened to me...I'll try to be clear and brief...

I booked Celebrity EDGE for NYE 2019/2020, We got a great deal on a website that specializes in cruises (we've booked with them many times) where we got Premium Drink Pkg, Unlimited Internet, Pre-Paid Gratuities and $300US onboard credit.

I went on the official Celebrity Website just to peruse around and check out possible shore excursions and this black box just popped up that said "You have $400 OBC to spend!" in hot pink. I had visited the site before and this hadn't come up. 

I was a little skeptical because I've never had this happen before but I went ahead and booked some excursions and dinners and it was legit!

My questions are:

1) Is this some separate promo/contest which means I will still have my OTHER promos that I originally signed on for? (none of the original promos are acknowledged on the website reservation) including the original $300 OBC?

2) If it was the OBC that was booked originally why is it $100 more?

3) Is there any way at all that by activating this I forfeited my original booking promos? (the fine print on the booking documents says any change to the reservation forfeits the original promos which I DO NOT WANT)

I have sailed Celebrity four times already (last time was 2016) so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything here...

Believe me I'M NOT COMPLAINING I just want to make sure I know exactly what's going on...

THANK YOU!

I read this on the Cruise Planner section in fine print. My concern is that by 'activating' this 'pop up' OBC that I've forfeited the other four perks -- which I DO NOT WANT because Premium Drink Package for Two, prepaid gratuities, unlimited internet and $300 OBC is worth a hell of a lot more than $400 OBC.

Bookings benefitting from free gratuities or a free shore excursion promotional benefit rather than a Promotional OBC amount will see such benefit in Cruise Planner in the form of a Promotional OBC which will be available, should guests so choose, to utilize to purchase other amenities instead of those allocated in accordance with these terms.

I would suggest you call the TA you booked with for an explanation of the extra $100.    The $300 OBC that was part of your original booking is available to spend and shows in your cruise Planner. Any other financial info Including the  prepaid gratuties will  never show on the website since you booked with a TA.  The WiFi and beverage package will not show for weeks/months if at all.  If they do they will show in your Cruise Planner under order history.

Make sure the TA provides you with a copy of the Celebrity Guest Copy- Booking Confirmation which will show the perks associated with your booking.  Take it with you when you cruise.  

We have done 20+ cruises, all booked with TAs and have never had a problem with the perks being there when we boarded.  But we still take the confirmation with us.

• Like 2

ARGOGIRL  Celebrity is not giving away an extra $100.  Did you book your cruise in CDN $’s?   When you look at the 300. OBC on the cruise planner they have converted it to CDN & since our $ is not doing good right now it comes out at $400.CDN.  I really wish they would just show the excursions etc in US $ but if you book in CDN anything you want to do ahead of time is converted to CDN not always in our best interest depends on the rate they use.  It makes tours etc more expensive than if you book them on board.  Again depends on the $

Edited by If only
  • Like 1

ARGOGIRL, if you booked this cruise with the same on-line cruise travel agency many of us use and, the OBC credit is from them and not Celebrity, you will see the OBC in your reservation so you are able to pre-book Tours, Specialty dining, etc.

We currently have two cruises booked with that agency. One cruise shows the OBC in our cruise planner because that credit came from the agency. The other one does not because that credit came from Celebrity. 

The reason I know all this is because I asked your same question with my agent about these two bookings. 

The Promo is called Book Now Bonus

Booking Window: April 25th - May 1st

Travel Window: 4+ Night sailings departing May 25, 2019 – December 31, 2019 (excludes Galapagos sailings)

Inside Cabin: $100 OBC

OceanView and higher: $200 OBC

Combineable with: 2PERKS, 4PERKS, EDGE 4PERK, Price Rate NRD, HALFT4 NRD, non-refundable deposit offers, Restricted Rates (Military, Senior, Resident)

NOT Combineable with: Book & Go, Exciting Deals, Interline

Edited by AdGuyMG

2 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

We currently have two cruises booked with that agency. One cruise shows the OBC in our cruise planner because that credit came from the agency. The other one does not because that credit came from Celebrity. 

The reason I know all this is because I asked your same question with my agent about these two bookings. 

Are you sure that you do not have this backwards?

My experience is that the OBC from Celebrity ($300 perk, on board booking OBC, other special Celebrity OBC) are reflected in the “pop up” and is available to use pre cruise.  TA OBC does not show up on my account until I am on board.  

I booked in January so I don't know if I'll be eligible for that offer.

Also, yes I'm Canadian but it did say it was in US funds.

I found this on my contract:

Shipboard credit may be used as a substitute for any perk listed and will be at least equal to the original perk's value. 

I hope I didn't forfeit my free gratuities for the $400.

I'll call Celebrity and see what's up and let you know. Sort of confusing.

1 hour ago, Tourist1292 said:

When I upgraded my cabin more than a month ago, I also got $50 bonus OBC. I did not know that at that time until I asked around and found they had that bonus offer for new booking on the day I did the upgrade.

1 hour ago, Tourist1292 said:

When I upgraded my cabin more than a month ago, I also got $50 bonus OBC. I did not know that at that time until I asked around and found they had that bonus offer for new booking on the day I did the upgrade.

I upgraded my SS cabin on Friday to a CS and was surprised to get an extra $200 shipboard credit from Celebrity as well as extra $$$$$ from my travel agent.  Yeah!!!

3 hours ago, jagoffee said:

My experience is that the OBC from Celebrity ($300 perk, on board booking OBC, other special Celebrity OBC) are reflected in the “pop up” and is available to use pre cruise.  TA OBC does not show up on my account until I am on board.  

5 hours ago, Loracpin2 said:

ARGOGIRL, if you booked this cruise with the same on-line cruise travel agency many of us use and, the OBC credit is from them and not Celebrity, you will see the OBC in your reservation so you are able to pre-book Tours, Specialty dining, etc.

For our last Celebrity cruise, the website also showed extra OBC.  It was double what it was supposed to be from Celebrity.  Turns out that the OBC that we were suppose to get from our TA (probably the same one mentioned above) had been added to the Celebrity total.  So we spent the OBC on an excursion and specialty dining online with the Celebrity hoping that for some reason we were getting more than we thought.  LOL  But in the back of my mind, I new it was probably what we were suppose to be getting from the TA.   Once onboard, we received no other credit from the TA.  Only the promised gratuities and drink packages were covered.  I think they must have changed the way the OBC is handled.

3 hours ago, tbugstwo said:

I upgraded my SS cabin on Friday to a CS and was surprised to get an extra $200 shipboard credit from Celebrity as well as extra $$$$$ from my travel agent.  Yeah!!!

They did have the $200 bonus OBC offer a couple weeks after my upgrade too.

5 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

For our last Celebrity cruise, the website also showed extra OBC.  It was double what it was supposed to be from Celebrity.  Turns out that the OBC that we were suppose to get from our TA (probably the same one mentioned above) had been added to the Celebrity total.  So we spent the OBC on an excursion and specialty dining online with the Celebrity hoping that for some reason we were getting more than we thought.  LOL  But in the back of my mind, I new it was probably what we were suppose to be getting from the TA.   Once onboard, we received no other credit from the TA.  Only the promised gratuities and drink packages were covered.  I think they must have changed the way the OBC is handled.

I do not know what to think.  Both our last Celebrity Cruise (in 1/19 and our next one in 1/20) only reflect the Celebrity, so I do not think it is a new process to include TA OBC.

Was it after final payment?  Perhaps your TA handles their OBC different than other TA’s.  I would worry that this would have a negative affect on the refundable aspect of the TA OBC.  Or perhaps the OBC was actually from Celebrity?  

I guess it does not matter as long as the total OBC is there.

Showed up after final payment for a December Edge cruise.  I thought at first that Celebrity had given us more credit because they had moved up the Inaugural cruise and also added earlier dates.  We had been booked on the original inaugural cruise.  

For our upcoming cruise in 2 weeks, same TA, the Celebrity OBC credit of $300 showed online (we have already spent on excursions😉) but the $100 OBC due from our TA does not show.  That, and the $50 Loyalty OBC, normally do only show up once onboard. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

Showed up after final payment for a December Edge cruise.  I thought at first that Celebrity had given us more credit because they had moved up the Inaugural cruise and also added earlier dates.  We had been booked on the original inaugural cruise.  

For our upcoming cruise in 2 weeks, same TA, the Celebrity OBC credit of $300 showed online (we have already spent on excursions😉) but the $100 OBC due from our TA does not show.  That, and the $50 Loyalty OBC, normally do only show up once onboard. 🙂

EXACTLY which is exactly why I'm wondering why it was $100 more...

19 minutes ago, argogirl said:

EXACTLY which is exactly why I'm wondering why it was $100 more...

If you booked your cruise in CDN $ & the OBC is in US $ they automatically convert the OB C to US on cruise planner.