Muster drill location on Valor

cruiserll

We are going on the Valor in September and I am wondering where the muster location for a cabin located lido deck front ship?  We were last on the Dream in about the same location and our location was in a theater and I am hoping for the same on the Valor. 

Thanks!

Have sailed on Valor three times but the last was in 2013 and muster drill was just as Christy said above. Sailed on the Glory this past December, same class of ship as the Valor and again, muster for us staying on Lido deck forward was outside. I seem to recall it was on deck three, just below the lifeboats.

17 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

I seem to recall it was on deck three, just below the lifeboats.

That sounds familiar.  I remember it outside specifically because it was sooo hot, and they did muster both in English and Spanish and it took a really long time.  lol

12 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

Have sailed on Valor three times but the last was in 2013 and muster drill was just as Christy said above. Sailed on the Glory this past December, same class of ship as the Valor and again, muster for us staying on Lido deck forward was outside. I seem to recall it was on deck three, just below the lifeboats.

11 hours ago, christyran1228 said:

That sounds familiar.  I remember it outside specifically because it was sooo hot, and they did muster both in English and Spanish and it took a really long time.  lol

For all of our cruises on the Conquest Class of ships, the lifeboat drill was always on the same deck as the lifeboats, not below them.  The object of the  drill is so that you know where to go in an emergency and in an emergency, you want to be by the lifeboats, not under them.

• Like 1

Sorry, but, as I said "I seem to recall". I say just under as we were discussing the different propeller configuration on some of the lifeboats. Regardless, it was on an outside deck which was what the OP's question was about.

4 hours ago, Pyrate13 said:

Sorry, but, as I said "I seem to recall". I say just under as we were discussing the different propeller configuration on some of the lifeboats. Regardless, it was on an outside deck which was what the OP's question was about.

I really want to say it was under, too, because it was claustrophobic almost and seemed to be blocking any breeze ... but I definitely could be wrong.  I guess I'll just have to book another cruise on her to find out definitively.  lol

edit:  nevermind, maybe just too much Puerto Rican rum.  I found the answer ... it's deck 4.  Damn, I was looking forward to booking her again! lol

Edited by christyran1228

31 minutes ago, dmdiver said:

Every time we've sailed that class of ship, muster has been outside.  It is always miserable.

What really makes it miserable is when people don't show and we all have to wait until they find them.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cruiserll said:

We are going on the Valor in September and I am wondering where the muster location for a cabin located lido deck front ship?  We were last on the Dream in about the same location and our location was in a theater and I am hoping for the same on the Valor. 

Thanks!

Don't worry....CCL will account for EVERY passenger and make sure you are in the proper location.   If you need a chart to look at, you will find it on the back of your cabin door.  Every cabin has one.  

19 hours ago, christyran1228 said:

I really want to say it was under, too, because it was claustrophobic almost and seemed to be blocking any breeze ... but I definitely could be wrong.  I guess I'll just have to book another cruise on her to find out definitively.  lol

edit:  nevermind, maybe just too much Puerto Rican rum.  I found the answer ... it's deck 4.  Damn, I was looking forward to booking her again! lol

Thank you for clarifying that.  I was positive it was on deck 4 because I could always see inside the lifeboats  while standing there forever waiting for the drill to start.  There was a gate on the railing by the entrances of each boat.

On 5/2/2019 at 5:45 AM, RWolver672 said:

For all of our cruises on the Conquest Class of ships,

the lifeboat drill was always on the same deck as the lifeboats, not below them.

On a deck you'll never see again, until your next muster drill!

And long may it remain that way!

Lifeboat-607.jpg

Lifeboat-610.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is an old video that I found on the Triumph which is basically the same as the Valor.  Needless to say, you don't wear your life jackets to the drills any more.  You can see by the steel walls that it's not on Deck 3 which just has a railing and is open.

As Aplmac stated, other than for the muster drills, you aren't allowed back on that area except for the drills.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just an FYI: If you have little kids, or need extra help getting around, then they let you do the muster drill in the dining room and not outside. This was a big relief when we sailed on the Valor back when my baby was one.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:46 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

The safety briefing for Valor is conducted outside unfortunately. 

It is outside on Deck 4 by the lifeboats on all ships in that class.  It can be miserable as sometimes, when people do not follow directions, it drags on and on!

We'll be on the Valor in December. We've always had to take summer cruises because of school until now. So despite the fact that it'll be outside and we get packed in like sardines for muster on Conquest class ships, it'll be a huge relief to do it in cooler weather. When you're one of the first ones out there, you get put back against the wall and it's suffocating to have rows of people packed in front of you. Been there, done that. So we show up a little later. Not so late that it causes a wait, but long enough to be near the front.