Millenium New Deck 10 Aqua Assigned Cabin Back to Guarantee

seatrial

25 minutes ago, seatrial said:

25 minutes ago, seatrial said:

Question: If I arrive at Blu and find that there is going to be a long wait, am I allowed to go eat in the main dining room.  I'm not a fan of waiting at restaurants on land and not really interested in doing that at sea either. 

To answer your question, just from my personal experience and observation... your assigned dining room is Blu. You can, with advance request, eat some meals in the main dining room at the Select dining seating area. This request, again in advance, is coordinated by the Blu maitre 'd and the Select dining staff... so, no, just to walk up and see a line at Blu and decide to go to the main dining room isn't something that is available to you. If the wait time at Blu is truly extended, there have been times where the Blu maitre 'd will offer you a dining choice in Tuscan, sometimes at a BOGO price, and sometimes as complementary, depending upon the extent of the wait time and the number of people who are waiting and the lateness of the dining time arrival in coordination with the show times, etc... lots of variables. This isn't a common practice though, in my observation which has been about 20 sailings in AQ. The bottom line is that the only real recourse you have if you don't want to wait is to go to the buffet.

46 minutes ago, Member123 said:

To answer your question, just from my personal experience and observation... your assigned dining room is Blu. You can, with advance request, eat some meals in the main dining room at the Select dining seating area. This request, again in advance, is coordinated by the Blu maitre 'd and the Select dining staff... so, no, just to walk up and see a line at Blu and decide to go to the main dining room isn't something that is available to you. If the wait time at Blu is truly extended, there have been times where the Blu maitre 'd will offer you a dining choice in Tuscan, sometimes at a BOGO price, and sometimes as complementary, depending upon the extent of the wait time and the number of people who are waiting and the lateness of the dining time arrival in coordination with the show times, etc... lots of variables. This isn't a common practice though, in my observation which has been about 20 sailings in AQ. The bottom line is that the only real recourse you have if you don't want to wait is to go to the buffet.

After waiting over an hour one night for a table in Blu (as the time approached 8:45pm), our party of 4 got comp’d a meal on Sushi on 5.  It was very good.  

We did not experience a wait longer than 30-40 minutes after that night.  But service inside Blu was still flustered at times throughout the cruise. I think those additional cabins on Deck 10 really hit them hard. 

That said, we did enjoy Blu and have booked it again on Constellation.

2 hours ago, stines said:

Having just disembarked the Millennium on April 27th - and hearing reports of noise/vibration in the front half of the new Deck 10 AQ cabins (I was in 1020) and personally experiencing occasional long wait times and flustered service in Blu... I bet this is the beginning of X figuring out the process of how to downgrade these new AQ cabins to something else.  

Also, as I posted in another thread, a reliable source on board told me that X will NOT be adding these AQ Deck 10 cabins on the Constellation, and in fact may not be adding these cabins at all on Deck 10 on that ship due to the disruptions/complaints from Cosmos above. 

I was going to quote what you said on the thread I started about the noise problem.   I wonder if they plan to do something to stop the noise or change the rooms to some other category or just revert to what they were before.....

We had already moved our rooms to 9th floor A2 ones and now when looking at our 2021 sailing ALL these have been removed for booking.

4 hours ago, stines said:

I LOVED 1020!  It was so great to be near the Spa cafe, T-pool etc.  Heard zero noise and felt no vibrations.  The only exception is that there are crew doors nearby that occasionally slam shut, and you do hear that sometimes.  But never interrupted sleep or anything like that. 

I wanted 1020 again when I booked another cruise (on the Constellation) on board - and it was then that they told me no more new AQ cabins on Deck 10 on the Constellation. 

That is amazing!  thank you for sharing.  I figured anything 1016 ish and up would be fine.  You can hear crew cabin doors anywhere, so that would never be an issue for us.  I thought the location would have been great too (close to all the AQ facilities).

Latest update:  As of right now all four cabins in our group have been removed from our Deck 10 cabins (1018, 1020, 1022, and 1024) back to GTY.  Celebrity is still saying those have been changed to Veranda instead of Aqua.  They've "promised" to call us on Monday with new cabins.  

DianaLee,

I hope Celebrity gets this sorted out for you quickly.

For those of us who are booked in these cabins for the next couple of weeks.  I am assuming that Celebrity is going to keep these cabins as Aqua.  The only other alternative for the 5/17 cruise would be to bump people from AquaClass as the remainder of AQ cabins are sold out.  It is disappointing that one spends money and more importantly precious time, to go on vacation only  to experience an apparently less than should be situation.  Clearly, things must not be going well if Celebrity is making this change.  I hope that Celebrity will do all that they possibly can to make the experience adequate until they can get this sorted out.  Celebrity, if you're listening, you are (or at least should be) better than this.   Please get your act together. 

5 hours ago, stines said:

After waiting over an hour one night for a table in Blu (as the time approached 8:45pm), our party of 4 got comp’d a meal on Sushi on 5.  It was very good.  

We did not experience a wait longer than 30-40 minutes after that night.  But service inside Blu was still flustered at times throughout the cruise. I think those additional cabins on Deck 10 really hit them hard. 

That said, we did enjoy Blu and have booked it again on Constellation.

A 30 to 40 minute wait for BLU... that is .not good.  Either too many  guests in AQ /Blu, too many arriving at once or slow something???

We have been in AQ /Blu from inception but are no longer booking AQ for next few cruises....Yes, food still excellent but too crowded, noisy on EDGE , good waitstaff but SLOW kitchen..

Going to try a few other options ...

3 hours ago, seatrial said:

DianaLee,

I hope Celebrity gets this sorted out for you quickly.

For those of us who are booked in these cabins for the next couple of weeks.  I am assuming that Celebrity is going to keep these cabins as Aqua.  The only other alternative for the 5/17 cruise would be to bump people from AquaClass as the remainder of AQ cabins are sold out.  It is disappointing that one spends money and more importantly precious time, to go on vacation only  to experience an apparently less than should be situation.  Clearly, things must not be going well if Celebrity is making this change.  I hope that Celebrity will do all that they possibly can to make the experience adequate until they can get this sorted out.  Celebrity, if you're listening, you are (or at least should be) better than this.   Please get your act together. 

Okay so as far as I can tell, none of us knows yet why this change is happening and everything is speculation re: noise, crowding etc.  If any of that speculation is true, shouldn't we be giving X some credit for responding and taking action to remedy?  I realize there is some uncertainty here, but nobody has yet been bumped from their cabin category or cruise that I know of. Perhaps everybody affected is going to get an upgrade!

HI everyone,

It looks like the new cabins on deck 10 of the SUMMIT (1000 - 1024) have been changed to 2C cabins.  I don't know why this was done, but it might have to do with it being a partially obstructed view, as that's what the 2C category denotes (maybe people complained?).

To offset these rooms, Celebrity has recategorized 10 C3 rooms to AquaClass on deck 9: 9141-9157 on port, 9118-9126 on starboard.  You can see these changes on the new deck plans on Celebrity's site for the Summit, I would think that if they were changing it here on the Summit, they probably mean to do it on all the the Millennium class ships?   

EDIT:  Looks like the same thing on the Millennium Deck Plan on their website, those C3 rooms were changed to AquaClass.

Edited by JonnyCT81
Summit information

19 minutes ago, JonnyCT81 said:

HI everyone,

It looks like the new cabins on deck 10 of the SUMMIT (1000 - 1024) have been changed to 2C cabins.  I don't know why this was done, but it might have to do with it being a partially obstructed view, as that's what the 2C category denotes (maybe people complained?).

To offset these rooms, Celebrity has recategorized 10 C3 rooms to AquaClass on deck 9: 9141-9157 on port, 9118-9126 on starboard.  You can see these changes on the new deck plans on Celebrity's site for the Summit, I would think that if they were changing it here on the Summit, they probably mean to do it on all the the Millennium class ships?   

EDIT:  Looks like the same thing on the Millennium Deck Plan on their website, those C3 rooms were changed to AquaClass.

I suspect it was more about the noise from above in most of these cabins....the view is not obstructed in those rooms from what I've read….

25 minutes ago, JonnyCT81 said:

HI everyone,

So there will still be 20 more eligible AQ Class diners for BLU ( plus suite guests,) which is not being enlarged?  

1 hour ago, hcat said:

So there will still be 20 more eligible AQ Class diners for BLU ( plus suite guests,) which is not being enlarged?  

It always was going to be a gain of 20 pax with those new rooms that were on deck 10.   They changed those to 2C, and changed 10 C3 to AQ.   I believe they think that with Lumanie, suite guests will go there (rightly so) IMHO.

So if it is indeed the Cosmos noise that is driving this change to category 2C, how should those of us sailing in these cabins as Aqua class in the next couple of weeks deal with this?  Clearly Celebrity knows there’s a problem, and we will have no choice but to suffer through. 

I am in the same situation__1020. We are guaranteed an AQ cabin. My Celebrity rep says "they" should get in touch in a few days. I'm not going to move into a regular veranda unless it's the last cabin in the ship. They should move you to another cabin in the same category  or upgrade you. 

The word,compensation, should be in the conversation. Final payment is very soon for us.

I have only seen one review that mentioned noise from Cosmos as an issue - and I believe it was on the Millennium.  Perhaps there were others that some are referring to?  Please share the posts if that's the case.  Personally, I'd rather have the new cabins on Deck 10 near the spa than on Deck 9 with the overhang - even if there is some noise from above - I'm usually up late anyway.  Of course it could just be that Celebrity decided they wanted AQ on 2 decks only instead of 3 decks.  There could be lots of reasons why they have made this change.

27 minutes ago, Toronto Guy said:

I have only seen one review that mentioned noise from Cosmos as an issue - and I believe it was on the Millennium.  Perhaps there were others that some are referring to?  Please share the posts if that's the case.  Personally, I'd rather have the new cabins on Deck 10 near the spa than on Deck 9 with the overhang - even if there is some noise from above - I'm usually up late anyway.  Of course it could just be that Celebrity decided they wanted AQ on 2 decks only instead of 3 decks.  There could be lots of reasons why they have made this change.

True, there could be a LOT of reasons for this change, but if I were Celebrity I would certainly be letting people know what they are.  In all of the phone calls and e-mails and messages I have seen quotes (and some I've actually made myself), I have yet to see anything from Celebrity that gives an actual reason.  In fact, there are still people who have posted on here who are allegedly booked into those cabins (as Aqua Class) and sailing in the next week or so.

Celebrity should be a lot more proactive and up-front about what's going on.  People plan these trips months or years in advance.  They research pretty heavily before booking.  A 'surprise' like this is never going to go over well no matter what the reason is, but a little communication would go a very long way.

1 minute ago, DianaLee said:

True, there could be a LOT of reasons for this change, but if I were Celebrity I would certainly be letting people know what they are.  In all of the phone calls and e-mails and messages I have seen quotes (and some I've actually made myself), I have yet to see anything from Celebrity that gives an actual reason.  In fact, there are still people who have posted on here who are allegedly booked into those cabins (as Aqua Class) and sailing in the next week or so.

Celebrity should be a lot more proactive and up-front about what's going on.  People plan these trips months or years in advance.  They research pretty heavily before booking.  A 'surprise' like this is never going to go over well no matter what the reason is, but a little communication would go a very long way.

Yes I completely agree.  

I sail in cabin 1004 on 5/17. I spoke with someone at Celebrity this evening. They say that the official change from Aqua to 2C occurs on 5/31. The representative has no idea why the change is occurring, but assured me that it couldn’t possibly be because of a noise issue. 

Looking at 1016 on Summit, love that it's beside the Solarium. . . but is there going to be a lot of late night noise b/c of being below the Sky Lounge? Probably wouldn't bother me as much as it would my husband, but would appreciate any info!

Boarding Summit tomorrow and assigned to 1012.  Will post pictures and review.  All this has me nervous!  At least we will have Blu, albeit with a wait queue.

We are in cabin 1008 on the Millennium right now.  The only noise I noticed last night was a kind of creaking in the ceiling.  Maybe from dancing in the Cosmos above?  It stopped precisely at midnight and is quiet this morning.  On a side note, we had a little glitch when arriving to our cabin yesterday. There were two large suitcases in the room - not ours- and clothes in the closet!  We headed down to guest services.  After a short wait, we were advised that this was in fact our cabin and the items would be removed. Turns out there was a glitch with someone doing a back to back. My husband asked if this happened very often and was told no, just every few months. 🤔

17 minutes ago, Malia717 said:

We are in cabin 1008 on the Millennium right now.  The only noise I noticed last night was a kind of creaking in the ceiling.  Maybe from dancing in the Cosmos above?  It stopped precisely at midnight and is quiet this morning.  On a side note, we had a little glitch when arriving to our cabin yesterday. There were two large suitcases in the room - not ours- and clothes in the closet!  We headed down to guest services.  After a short wait, we were advised that this was in fact our cabin and the items would be removed. Turns out there was a glitch with someone doing a back to back. My husband asked if this happened very often and was told no, just every few months. 🤔

I can see how that happens with somebody doing a B2B - you are told to pack everything but the clothes on hangers and they will be moved for you. Looks like the other steward didn’t come for them. Don’t worry your steward would have cleaned the room! 

Wendy

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2019 at 7:13 AM, PRH said:

Boarding Summit tomorrow and assigned to 1012.  Will post pictures and review.  All this has me nervous!  At least we will have Blu, albeit with a wait queue.

HI PRH so how was your cruise? And your cabin?