Millenium New Deck 10 Aqua Assigned Cabin Back to Guarantee

seatrial

I have (had) two assigned Aqua cabins, 1004 and 1006, on Celebrity Millennium for 5/17.   These are two of the new Aqua class cabin on Deck 10.  These cabins were booked as guarantees, but have been assigned for at least  the last 30 days.  As of this evening almost all of these thirteen new cabins on deck 10, including mine, are available to be booked on Celebrity.com.  My booking has been returned to a guarantee.   Aqua class was fully booked as of yesterday.  Any thoughts on what might be going on?  I am trying to call Celebrity and will try to reach my agent tomorrow.  This is very odd. 

I can understand why these cabins might not be booked as they were added in the renovation.  The Millenium coming out of dry dock these cabins didn’t appear on Celebrity ‘s booking deck view of available cabins.  They also weren’t showing on the online TAs sites.  What I don’t get is why your booking keeps being returned to the guarantee status.  I think I would pick one if the available cabins and have my TA call and request that you be assigned that cabin.  I have never heard of anyone being assigned a cabins then being returned to the guarantee pool twice.

We have the same issue!  We booked this cruise (and our cabins) MONTHS ago -- four cabins (we're supposed to be in 1018) booked for June 14.  They're telling us they don't know which cabins will be Aqua as of now. We've been dealing with a supervisor who tells us to just wait - they hope to have it all figured out by next week and she "promises" she'll check on it every day until then.

I had the same situation yesterday when attempting to print expres# pass and luggage tags.  Said GTY when I have an assigned Aqua cabin.  Called TA who called Celebrity.  Celebrity said a “system glitch” and corrected it manually so we could print.  Said they had been getting calls all day reporting that reservations said GTY rather than showing correct cabin information.  Gotta love celebrity IT!

32 minutes ago, hvbaskey said:

I can't seem to delete the quote, above.  Anyway...

Yesterday mine changed to GTY.  I called and was told system glitch and they changed it back.  Today we're being told that Deck 10 has been changed to Veranda and they "don't know" which cabins will be Aqua.  However, as of right now mine still says Deck 10 and has my correct cabin number.

This is really a surprise coming from Celebrity.  What a mess - for us and them.

Oh my gosh!  This  happened to me yesterday!  We had cabin 1008 booked for the May 10th Millennium Alaska North bound from Vancouver and  South Bound for May 17th.  We even had received printed luggage tags with cabin 1008 weeks ago!  Yesterday we received "cruise documentation" e-mails with cabins showing "GTY"...I called Celebrity and was told that our original cabin 1008 was booked for North bound but she could put us in 1004 for both cruises. We spoke with Morgan, who was very helpful!  I just hope it gets all straitened out for everyone...but am just imaging more confusion on embarkation day and on turn-around day for us!  Seatrial, we didn't mean to crash your cabin! 

What a mess this seems to be.  Am I reading correctly; some are reporting that Celebrity isn't sure if these 13 new cabins will remain as Aqua-Class?  I am wondering if this means that either Blu can't handle the increased load or if the more forward cabins of the 13 are getting too much noise from the lounge above.

Malia717, I now have my original 1004 cabin back for the southbound 5/17 cruise.  I am hoping you were given 1008 back for both north and south cruises.  I did not ask for 1004 back, but it just showed up late this afternoon in my booking.

Thanks for any further information that anyone has to share.  If Celebrity does make the decision in the next week to make these regular balcony categories, Aqua is sold out on 5/17 so I guess we will get bumped from Aqua.  Hey Celebrity, I have an idea, how about just moving us up to a suite there are still several available on 5/17!!!

Something I just noticed.  If you now go to Millennium's deck plans on Celebrity's website, the 13 cabins on deck 10 have the same color code as a 2C veranda category.  The deck plan key does not establish the category, but it is interesting that the color is the same as the 2C balcony.  I can't be sure, but I think the color was different before.

1 hour ago, seatrial said:

What a mess this seems to be.  Am I reading correctly; some are reporting that Celebrity isn't sure if these 13 new cabins will remain as Aqua-Class?  I am wondering if this means that either Blu can't handle the increased load or if the more forward cabins of the 13 are getting too much noise from the lounge above.

Malia717, I now have my original 1004 cabin back for the southbound 5/17 cruise.  I am hoping you were given 1008 back for both north and south cruises.  I did not ask for 1004 back, but it just showed up late this afternoon in my booking.

Thanks for any further information that anyone has to share.  If Celebrity does make the decision in the next week to make these regular balcony categories, Aqua is sold out on 5/17 so I guess we will get bumped from Aqua.  Hey Celebrity, I have an idea, how about just moving us up to a suite there are still several available on 5/17!!!

This will be interesting!  Our documents that I received today still have us in 1004 for the May 17th sailing!

I just looked at our 6/27 Summit cruise and the deck 10 cabins were showing as AQ 2 days ago and none booked.  Tonight I looked for AQ, Concierge or veranda and they are not showing as available for any category.  All 12 or so of them disappeared, or pulled from booking.   

I love X but really‼️  The revolution of the 2 M Class ships has not been well executed as far as what cabins accommodate 4 vs 3 or what category the cabins are. 

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

I just looked at our 6/27 Summit cruise and the deck 10 cabins were showing as AQ 2 days ago and none booked.  Tonight I looked for AQ, Concierge or veranda and they are not showing as available for any category.  All 12 or so of them disappeared, or pulled from booking.   

I love X but really‼️  The revolution of the 2 M Class ships has not been well executed as far as what cabins accommodate 4 vs 3 or what category the cabins are. 

And AQ Class is suposed to be limited to only 2 per stateroom.

Hope the confusion is sorted out...esp for those who already have  cruise docs and luggage tags.

I wonder if it has more to do with their ability to sell that many AQ cabins instead of capacity issues in Blu.  Going from AQ to 2C seems like quite a drop in category level though - especially for brand new cabins.  If they needed fewer AQ cabins you would have thought that they would have chosen other AQ cabins on board though.

Having just disembarked the Millennium on April 27th - and hearing reports of noise/vibration in the front half of the new Deck 10 AQ cabins (I was in 1020) and personally experiencing occasional long wait times and flustered service in Blu... I bet this is the beginning of X figuring out the process of how to downgrade these new AQ cabins to something else.  

Also, as I posted in another thread, a reliable source on board told me that X will NOT be adding these AQ Deck 10 cabins on the Constellation, and in fact may not be adding these cabins at all on Deck 10 on that ship due to the disruptions/complaints from Cosmos above. 

22 minutes ago, stines said:

Having just disembarked the Millennium on April 27th - and hearing reports of noise/vibration in the front half of the new Deck 10 AQ cabins (I was in 1020) and personally experiencing occasional long wait times and flustered service in Blu... I bet this is the beginning of X figuring out the process of how to downgrade these new AQ cabins to something else.  

Also, as I posted in another thread, a reliable source on board told me that X will NOT be adding these AQ Deck 10 cabins on the Constellation, and in fact may not be adding these cabins at all on Deck 10 on that ship due to the disruptions/complaints from Cosmos above. 

@stines - although I have upgraded my 1020 to SS for my next trip; just for curiosity sake only; how was the noise level of 1020 (beneath gents washroom area).  At the time, I had thought out of ALL those new cabins - 1018/1020 would have the least noise from above.

Edited by hvbaskey

I LOVED 1020!  It was so great to be near the Spa cafe, T-pool etc.  Heard zero noise and felt no vibrations.  The only exception is that there are crew doors nearby that occasionally slam shut, and you do hear that sometimes.  But never interrupted sleep or anything like that. 

I wanted 1020 again when I booked another cruise (on the Constellation) on board - and it was then that they told me no more new AQ cabins on Deck 10 on the Constellation. 

• Thanks 1

Why would Celebrity add cabins of any category and not make sure that they are soundproofed to a reasonable level?It is possible to soundproof cabins.  It doesn't matter what category the cabin is; a passenger has a reasonable expectation of quiet at night.  They could also change the schedule of Cosmos.  It is just ridiculous for guests to be disturbed late at night by a disco.  It makes you wonder if those making the decisions at Celebrity have ever really cruised in a "normal" cabin.  In regard to Blu, did Celebrity add additional seating in Blu or did they just "hope for the best" as far as crowding?  I'm sure there are ways they could have made this work, but it just seems like they aren't thinking.

Question: If I arrive at Blu and find that there is going to be a long wait, am I allowed to go eat in the main dining room.  I'm not a fan of waiting at restaurants on land and not really interested in doing that at sea either.