Millenium New Deck 10 Aqua Assigned Cabin Back to Guarantee

seatrial

On 5/10/2019 at 6:44 PM, seatrial said:

I sail in cabin 1004 on 5/17. I spoke with someone at Celebrity this evening. They say that the official change from Aqua to 2C occurs on 5/31. The representative has no idea why the change is occurring, but assured me that it couldn’t possibly be because of a noise issue. 

Today is 5/31

So how did the change work out...or was that just a change for booking purposes?

Hi,

This is the OP and I wanted to reply following my cruise on 5/17 in cabin 1004 and 1006.  There is definitely noise from Cosmos; loud enough on a couple of occasions to identify the actual song playing. The noise lasted until after 1a.m on several occasions.  We turned our ac fans on high and though this helped a little the low bass booming was still clearly there.  The cabins are also smaller than a typical Aqua cabin.  The shower head was clogged with debris and shot water in every direction.  Just not a great experience this time with Celebrity for this and other reasons.  I won't be back for a while.  This was my forty-first cruise with about a quarter of those on Celebrity.  I feel sad as Celebrity has been a company that I have trusted for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sorry to hear that. Very disapponting

Did you let mgmt know about the noise issues?  Reverberating bass is very hard to block out...these should not be cabins for paying customers...

1 hour ago, seatrial said:

.....  Just not a great experience this time with Celebrity for this and other reasons.  I won't be back for a while.  This was my forty-first cruise with about a quarter of those on Celebrity.  I feel sad as Celebrity has been a company that I have trusted for a long time.

What else happened?  What are the other reasons it wasn't a great experience with Celebrity?

On 5/10/2019 at 12:25 PM, JonnyCT81 said:

To offset these rooms, Celebrity has recategorized 10 C3 rooms to AquaClass on deck 9: 9141-9157 on port, 9118-9126 on starboard.  You can see these changes on the new deck plans on Celebrity's site for the Summit, I would think that if they were changing it here on the Summit, they probably mean to do it on all the the Millennium class ships?   

EDIT:  Looks like the same thing on the Millennium Deck Plan on their website, those C3 rooms were changed to AquaClass.

Well, this explains why our family/party of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids -  DH and I, my parents, our 3 kiddos and a nephew) were moved out of our 3 Concierge cabins on Deck 9 for June 14th Millennium Cruise Alaska Southbound 23 days prior to departure.  

Unfortunately, Celebrity was not able to relocate us on the same side of the ship OR in 3 consecutive staterooms and originally rebooked us for 2 concierge cabins side by side but not connecting and one concierge cabin on deck 7.  After hours on the phone with our TA, we were able to reach a resolution that will work (although we are all still not together) and now have 2 cabins side by side on deck 8 and connecting cabins on deck 7 (towards back of ship, not my ideal or preferred location) and all on the opposite side of the ship.  So we did gain some room and Celebrity did try to make us whole as much as possible by including our upgraded drink package, gratuities, and unlimited WiFi for all our party.  In the end we will have a wonderful trip BUT this did sour the excitement as we are traveling as a family and purposefully booked rooms that were next to each other so we could easily be together, pop back and forth and be able to assist my dad, who has some limited mobility (although not requiring a wheelchair).   We have cruised at least once a year for the last 6 years and have always been together.  

Plus the modification of our reservation resulted in the cancellation of some of our parties excursions, that I then had to call and get rebooked at the original price we paid for them.

I am just glad I was dealing with the TA and was able to keep my dad from totally blowing his top. 

2 hours ago, GEMomTo3 said:

Well, this explains why our family/party of 8 (4 adults, 4 kids -  DH and I, my parents, our 3 kiddos and a nephew) were moved out of our 3 Concierge cabins on Deck 9 for June 14th Millennium Cruise Alaska Southbound 23 days prior to departure.  

Unfortunately, Celebrity was not able to relocate us on the same side of the ship OR in 3 consecutive staterooms and originally rebooked us for 2 concierge cabins side by side but not connecting and one concierge cabin on deck 7.  After hours on the phone with our TA, we were able to reach a resolution that will work (although we are all still not together) and now have 2 cabins side by side on deck 8 and connecting cabins on deck 7 (towards back of ship, not my ideal or preferred location) and all on the opposite side of the ship.  So we did gain some room and Celebrity did try to make us whole as much as possible by including our upgraded drink package, gratuities, and unlimited WiFi for all our party.  In the end we will have a wonderful trip BUT this did sour the excitement as we are traveling as a family and purposefully booked rooms that were next to each other so we could easily be together, pop back and forth and be able to assist my dad, who has some limited mobility (although not requiring a wheelchair).   We have cruised at least once a year for the last 6 years and have always been together.  

Plus the modification of our reservation resulted in the cancellation of some of our parties excursions, that I then had to call and get rebooked at the original price we paid for them.

I am just glad I was dealing with the TA and was able to keep my dad from totally blowing his top. 

It is pretty bad form to move you due to Celebrity's bad planning with the new cabins.  At least they did not try to give you any of the small/loud new cabins on deck 10.

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2019 at 2:46 PM, seatrial said:

Hi,

This is the OP and I wanted to reply following my cruise on 5/17 in cabin 1004 and 1006.  There is definitely noise from Cosmos; loud enough on a couple of occasions to identify the actual song playing. The noise lasted until after 1a.m on several occasions.  We turned our ac fans on high and though this helped a little the low bass booming was still clearly there.  The cabins are also smaller than a typical Aqua cabin.  The shower head was clogged with debris and shot water in every direction.  Just not a great experience this time with Celebrity for this and other reasons.  I won't be back for a while.  This was my forty-first cruise with about a quarter of those on Celebrity.  I feel sad as Celebrity has been a company that I have trusted for a long time.

Couldn't agree more...

I just got off Summit on Sunday and unfortunately was assigned cabin 1016 with my guarantee booking.  I was aware from others on this board there was a noise issue but was truly shocked at just how much.  Definitely noise from Cosmos lounge above which lasted nightly until 2am.  Their 80's night party was especially loud and as Seatrial said, I could identify every song.  As if noise from above was not enough, there is a crew door directly across the hall used to roll heavy carts onto the pool deck.  This started around 5am so once I fell asleep after Cosmos shut down at 2am, I was awakened again 3 hrs later when the 5am carts came rolling by with door slamming behind.  I called to complain but of course nothing was done.  And I could not change cabins as it was a full cruise. 

One other thing....on the second night of the cruise, the folks next door in 6014 called around 3am to request I turn my music down...huh?  I told them I was asleep and not playing any music when I realized I could hear faint music as well.  We both hung up and stuck our heads outside our rooms to find the HALLWAY music was playing exceptionally loud.  It took BOTH cabins calling to complain in order for it to be lowered....at first they said there was no way to do it, blamed corporate, whatever and then a few minutes later it magically was turned down...go figure. 

But that was the story with any complaint or issue on Summit...not "what can I do to help resolve this issue" but instead was met with a very defensive "not my fault" and then pass the blame to corporate.  This was a far cry from my recent cruises on Reflection and Silhouette where employees seemed to go out of their way to help you.  

Very disappointed, indeed...

Edited by red919

28 minutes ago, red919 said:

Couldn't agree more...

I just got off Summit on Sunday and unfortunately was assigned cabin 1016 with my guarantee booking.  I was aware from others on this board there was a noise issue but was truly shocked at just how much.  Definitely noise from Cosmos lounge above which lasted nightly until 2am.  Their 80's night party was especially loud and as Seatrial said, I could identify every song.  As if noise from above was not enough, there is a crew door directly across the hall used to roll heavy carts onto the pool deck.  This started around 5am so once I fell asleep after Cosmos shut down at 2am, I was awakened again 3 hrs later when the 5am carts came rolling by with door slamming behind.  I called to complain but of course nothing was done.  And I could not change cabins as it was a full cruise. 

One other thing....on the second night of the cruise, the folks next door in 6014 called around 3am to request I turn my music down...huh?  I told them I was asleep and not playing any music when I realized I could hear faint music as well.  We both hung up and stuck our heads outside our rooms to find the HALLWAY music was playing exceptionally loud.  It took BOTH cabins calling to complain in order for it to be lowered....at first they said there was no way to do it, blamed corporate, whatever and then a few minutes later it magically was turned down...go figure. 

But that was the story with any complaint or issue on Summit...not "what can I do to help resolve this issue" but instead was met with a very defensive "not my fault" and then pass the blame to corporate.  This was a far cry from my recent cruises on Reflection and Silhouette where employees seemed to go out of their way to help you.  

Very disappointed, indeed...

Edited to add:

...can't remember if lounge above cabin 1016 was actually called Cosmos on Summit but is same venue as Sky Lounge on other ships.