Have a question!

Ethel5

Royal Caribbean and Princess are not allowing regular passengers into their cabins until 1PM. Has Carnival started doing this also? I don't mind and I actually think it makes more sense for the Stewards. I just need to know what time to get to the port.

Hi Ethel

Yes. If you arrive at the terminal around 12:30-1 p.m. you will breeze through the check in process, because the initial crowds will have thinned substantially and by the time you get on the ship your cabin should be ready.

have a great cruise

Did they do away with the process of making arrival appointments? We picked the time window that we wanted to arrive for check in. I'd rather wait for the cabins to be available at the Atrium bar with a drink than checking in when the cabins are ready.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

Did they do away with the process of making arrival appointments? We picked the time window that we wanted to arrive for check in. I'd rather wait for the cabins to be available at the Atrium bar with a drink than checking in when the cabins are ready.

You still have to choose an arrival/check in time.  These times are enforced, with some ports allowing those showing up outside of their 30 minute time window to wait in another line.  Other ports may tell you to return at your assigned time.

FTTF and D&P must select a time during online check in but may arrive/check in at any time.

On 5/12/2019 at 12:01 AM, Ethel5 said:

Royal Caribbean and Princess are not allowing regular passengers into their cabins until 1PM. Has Carnival started doing this also? I don't mind and I actually think it makes more sense for the Stewards. I just need to know what time to get to the port.

With Carnival, rooms have always been available at 1:30 unless you are D/P/FTTF.  As far as what time to get to the port, go when your arrival appointment is scheduled.  That's what it is for.  If you board prior to 1:30, have a drink or get some lunch.  

On 5/12/2019 at 8:18 AM, Aplmac said:

A lot of the time,

they are ventilating the place as thoroughly as possible

with every cabin door open on your deck!

Only time that ever happens is once a week, between cruises!

Ventilating may have something to do with it but by propping all of the doors open it saves them a lot of time in cleaning the cabins assembly line fashion.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Ventilating may have something to do with it

but by propping all of the doors open it saves them a lot of time

in cleaning the cabins assembly line fashion.

Would you believe Both?   I don't doubt you at all.

Thanks for the info. It will take a bit to completely get accustomed to Carnival. We are booked on a short Liberty cruise in Sept and then a TA on the Legend next year.