Our 25th Anniversary Adventure - Baja Mexico & Hawaii on the Inspiration & Splendor

Jamman54

Thanks so much for that very entertaining review.  Lee is my favorite cruise director.  I met him the first night of the cruise and he said hi to me by name every time he saw me.  I wish he was on my Panorama cruise in February.  I have read all your reviews and also agree you should check into doing videos on youtube.  You have a great writing style. 

Thanks again.

Candi

19 hours ago, flwinejunkie said:

Many thanks again Jeff for sharing your knowledge and experiences with us!

No problem. Our pleasure! :classic_biggrin:

6 minutes ago, candigirl41 said:

Thanks so much for that very entertaining review.  Lee is my favorite cruise director.  I met him the first night of the cruise and he said hi to me by name every time he saw me.  I wish he was on my Panorama cruise in February.  I have read all your reviews and also agree you should check into doing videos on youtube.  You have a great writing style. 

Thanks again.

Candi

Thanks for reading and your kind words. Lee is a great CD and we hope to cruise with him again. You will have Emma Nixon on the Panorama, and we enjoyed a few cruises with her as well. :classic_cool:

I just want to say a huge thank you for this trip report.

It caught my eye as I have a New Years cruise booked on the Splendor when she relocates down to the bottom half of the world.  So anything involving the Splendor, grabs my attention.  

But so far, I’m still only reading about your first cruise as your report is so awesomely detailed.  I particularly love all the photos.

I need to take a break now and actually make a start to my day, but I will report back when I catch up on the rest of the report.  

1 hour ago, oskarNZ said:

I just want to say a huge thank you for this trip report.

It caught my eye as I have a New Years cruise booked on the Splendor when she relocates down to the bottom half of the world.  So anything involving the Splendor, grabs my attention.  

But so far, I’m still only reading about your first cruise as your report is so awesomely detailed.  I particularly love all the photos.

I need to take a break now and actually make a start to my day, but I will report back when I catch up on the rest of the report.  

Glad that you are enjoying the review. Going down under to visit New Zealand and Australia is on our bucket list. You are going to love the Splendor, and she'll be even better after her dry dock. 😎

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Glad that you are enjoying the review. Going down under to visit New Zealand and Australia is on our bucket list. You are going to love the Splendor, and she'll be even better after her dry dock. 😎

I’ve just finished your report and it was great.  I particularly love that you posted all copies of the Fun Times and menus as it gives me a bit of an idea of what to expect (it will be our first time cruising on Carnival).  Thank you!

It will be exciting to see what changes occur during dry dock.  I’ll have to post a few pics so those very familiar with the Splendor (like yourself) can see how it’s changed.  

And yes, do get Downunder one day.  There is a lot to explore and it might provide a chance to cruise on the Splendor again.  😁

41 minutes ago, oskarNZ said:

I’ve just finished your report and it was great.  I particularly love that you posted all copies of the Fun Times and menus as it gives me a bit of an idea of what to expect (it will be our first time cruising on Carnival).  Thank you!

It will be exciting to see what changes occur during dry dock.  I’ll have to post a few pics so those very familiar with the Splendor (like yourself) can see how it’s changed.  

And yes, do get Downunder one day.  There is a lot to explore and it might provide a chance to cruise on the Splendor again.  😁

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Enjoy! 😃

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Looking forward to seeing your pictures. Enjoy! 😃

By the way, do you have any other Splendor trip reports you could link me to?  

For the life of me, I can’t remember how to access someone’s signature when viewing cruise critic on my cellphone, but your reviews are so enjoyable, I’d be keen to read some more.  

11 hours ago, oskarNZ said:

By the way, do you have any other Splendor trip reports you could link me to?  

For the life of me, I can’t remember how to access someone’s signature when viewing cruise critic on my cellphone, but your reviews are so enjoyable, I’d be keen to read some more.  

One of the things that I disliked when the site was updated is the inability to choose to view signatures when viewing on cellphones. I have attached the link to our reviews, There you will find three additional Splendor reviews. Enjoy! 😎

Jamman & Patti's Cruise Reviews

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fatcat604 said:

Thank you for the lovely reviews, sorry to ask you this : how do I let the cruise line know I'm celebrating my anniversary? I log in, but I can't find it anywhere. Thank you very much. 

No problem. In your Cruise Manager under Guest Details click on the edit link. There you will find a section for special occasions where you can let them know if you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary, etc. 😎

I thought I’d better not start bumping up all your old trip reports by adding comments to them, but I just wanted to say that I read your 2015 Splendor review and it was great.  All the photos mixed with short snippets of text make them so easy and enjoyable to read.  

Half Moon Cay looks like a great port, I hope to get there one day.  

I’ve now begun your Sunshine report as I am interested in reading about a renovated Carnival ship.  Plus, the New England itinerary interests me.  I must say, cruising out of New York looks amazing.  My favourite port I’ve cruised out of is Sydney as, like New York, you cruise past iconic buildings and bridges.  I have never been to New York, but I’m now adding it (like so many other places) to the bucket list.  

Out of interest, what has been your favourite ship so far and do you have a favourite port?  

Sorry I just do not have the time to read 26 pages to find your Internet review on the Splendor..... 🙂

If it is not too much trouble could tell me what package you had and how well it worked? Will be on Carnival Splendor for 24 days to Singapore Thanks Silvia

5 hours ago, oskarNZ said:

I thought I’d better not start bumping up all your old trip reports by adding comments to them, but I just wanted to say that I read your 2015 Splendor review and it was great.  All the photos mixed with short snippets of text make them so easy and enjoyable to read.  

Half Moon Cay looks like a great port, I hope to get there one day.  

I’ve now begun your Sunshine report as I am interested in reading about a renovated Carnival ship.  Plus, the New England itinerary interests me.  I must say, cruising out of New York looks amazing.  My favourite port I’ve cruised out of is Sydney as, like New York, you cruise past iconic buildings and bridges.  I have never been to New York, but I’m now adding it (like so many other places) to the bucket list.  

Out of interest, what has been your favourite ship so far and do you have a favourite port?  

Cruising out of New York is amazing and we are so happy that it is our home port. We have cruised out of there around twenty times with two more coming in September when we do a B2B on the Sunrise. It never gets old. My favorite Class of ships is the Spirit Class, and my favorite ship is the Pride. It's tough to name a favorite port of call so I'll name my top four. Hawaii, Aruba, Bermuda, & Half Moon Cay. 😎

5 hours ago, silviarudy said:

Sorry I just do not have the time to read 26 pages to find your Internet review on the Splendor..... 🙂

If it is not too much trouble could tell me what package you had and how well it worked? Will be on Carnival Splendor for 24 days to Singapore Thanks Silvia

We had read prior to our cruise that the internet can be slow to non-existent when crossing the Pacific due to poor satellite coverage so we didn't purchase a plan. We felt that if we needed to get on the internet we could purchase it by the day when we were closer to land. We never did use the internet. 😎

• Like 3

I just finished reading your review, along with your Pride Bermuda review, for two reasons: First, the DW really wants to do Hawaii, and second, we are sailing on the Pride in October to HMC, Grand Turk and Freeport. Your reviews are excellent and the photos make it even better! It has been 4 years since our last cruise, so I personally am in withdrawl, your reviews help!

• Like 2

A big thank you and belated anniversary congratulations from your #1 fan!  Wild horses would not be able to keep me away from one of your reviews.  I have been busy making lemonade out of lemons; the recipe isn't perfected yet, but reading your review a bit each day sure did help!  Bravo and I'm thrilled you and Patti have a few more pages of special memories in your life book.  You both look fantastic and I have come to the conclusion that cruising is good for you!  Enjoy planning the next adventure and cheers to you and Patti!  

On 7/16/2019 at 9:41 AM, mss22859 said:

I just finished reading your review, along with your Pride Bermuda review, for two reasons: First, the DW really wants to do Hawaii, and second, we are sailing on the Pride in October to HMC, Grand Turk and Freeport. Your reviews are excellent and the photos make it even better! It has been 4 years since our last cruise, so I personally am in withdrawl, your reviews help!

Glad to be of help and thanks for reading! Enjoy your upcoming Pride cruise. She is my favorite ship! 😎

10 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

A big thank you and belated anniversary congratulations from your #1 fan!  Wild horses would not be able to keep me away from one of your reviews.  I have been busy making lemonade out of lemons; the recipe isn't perfected yet, but reading your review a bit each day sure did help!  Bravo and I'm thrilled you and Patti have a few more pages of special memories in your life book.  You both look fantastic and I have come to the conclusion that cruising is good for you!  Enjoy planning the next adventure and cheers to you and Patti!  

Hey Karry! Glad to see you posting. I was concerned when I hadn't seen you posting anything since we got back. Hope your health continues to improve, and that you get to cruise again in October! :classic_cool:

8 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Hey Karry! Glad to see you posting. I was concerned when I hadn't seen you posting anything since we got back. Hope your health continues to improve, and that you get to cruise again in October! :classic_cool:

Told you, wild horses couldn't keep me away from reading about your journey!  On top of my bucket list: holding a beer in one hand and a Caribbean Colada in the other and toasting with you and Patti! 🤞🍻🥂

20 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Told you, wild horses couldn't keep me away from reading about your journey!  On top of my bucket list: holding a beer in one hand and a Caribbean Colada in the other and toasting with you and Patti! 🤞🍻🥂

We need to make it happen sooner than later! :classic_biggrin:

Jeff I absolutely love reading your reviews and seeing the wonderful pics Patti takes.  I live in Saint John, New Brunswick Canada which I believe you will be visiting on September 25...do you have plans that day while in port? I would so love to meet you guys in person 😀  I love when I read reviews and see that they are visiting my home town...being a cruise fanatic myself  😜 it's just neat to spend so much time reading these wonderful reviews and getting to know you folks so to speak and seeing your pics....one feels like they know you already.  Thanks again for the wonderful reading..always love them!

13 hours ago, momtotandc said:

Jeff I absolutely love reading your reviews and seeing the wonderful pics Patti takes.  I live in Saint John, New Brunswick Canada which I believe you will be visiting on September 25...do you have plans that day while in port? I would so love to meet you guys in person 😀  I love when I read reviews and see that they are visiting my home town...being a cruise fanatic myself  😜 it's just neat to spend so much time reading these wonderful reviews and getting to know you folks so to speak and seeing your pics....one feels like they know you already.  Thanks again for the wonderful reading..always love them!

Thanks so much for reading and your kind words! Patti and I really have no plans for our visit this time other than to walk around the town and waterfront, and look around the Market Square, Brunswick Square and City Market. Husband Daycare in Saint John is Rocky's Sports Bar in Market Square. Around Noon-ish sound good? :classic_cool:

Over the past 2 days I’ve been reading this review, as well as your Bermuda cruise. You really have a way of writing, detailing, and Patti photographing, your cruising experience!! Thank you for your great reviews. I will be reading the rest of them over the next few days! 

Edited by ciera123

1 hour ago, ciera123 said:

Over the past 2 days I’ve been reading this review, as well as your Bermuda cruise. You really have a way of writing, detailing, and Patti photographing, your cruising experience!! Thank you for your great reviews. I will be reading the rest of them over the next few days! 

Thanks for reading and your kind words. Enjoy reading the rest and hope you find them helpful. 😎

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for another winning blog! You and your wife’s smiles and positivity are infectious! 

That bean bag bingo seemed really fun. I love the horse races; Princess has brought them back on some of the ships.

Congrats on 25 years, and cheers to another 25 and the resulting 50th anniversary cruise blog! 😀