Our 25th Anniversary Adventure - Baja Mexico & Hawaii on the Inspiration & Splendor

Jamman54

On 6/2/2019 at 11:27 AM, Jamman54 said:

Tonight, Patti had the butternut Squash soup, Caesar salad, and grilled Japanese sea bass…..

IMG_6426-X2.jpg

IMG_6432-X2.jpg

I had the antipasti, chicken patties, Caesar salad, and chicken fried steak…..

IMG_6427-X2.jpg

IMG_6428-X2.jpg

IMG_6429-X2.jpg

IMG_6430-X2.jpg

Tonight’s dessert menu……

IMG_6433-X2.jpg

Patti wasn’t hungry for dessert, but I had the Boston crème cake….

IMG_6434-X2.jpg

After dinner, Patti walked the Promenade then made her way back to the cabin. I was going to visit Jose at the Sports Bar, but it was closed. We are now out of satellite signal range so there will be no more satellite television until we get to Hawaii. The same thing will happen on the way back next week. This is what you will see if you tune into a satellite channel on your television……

IMG_6441-X2.jpg

Instead, Jose was working at the Oceanview Bar, so I sat down and had a few beers with him there. Back to the cabin to find tonight’s turn down service. We will be turning our clocks back one hour again for the final time. We will now be on Hawaii time…..

IMG_6435-X2.jpg

Coming up next:  Another relaxing sea day including the Diamond Lunch and dinner at the Steakhouse.

You mention that the satellite TV was out some sea days.  Was the internet also out those same days???

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SandyOutToSea said:

You mention that the satellite TV was out some sea days.  Was the internet also out those same days???

Don't know for sure since we didn't purchase an internet plan this cruise, but I'm sure it had to be affected. 

Edited by Jamman54

17 hours ago, boomhower said:

Another awesome review!  Thanks again for all the time an effort you put into these.  Looking forward to you Sunrise and Mardi Gras reviews. 

Thanks for following along once again! :classic_cool:

15 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I always enjoy your reviews! Thanks for all of the details and the amazing pictures. Looking forward to the next ones!

Thanks for reading!  We'll be back at the end of September. :classic_cool:

11 hours ago, Princess Cruiser27 said:

Another great read Jeff.  Liked the St. Benedict Church and the Coffee Place.  Me thinks you need to post the Donkey Balls on the "other place".  😉 The Winery looked very nice also.  

Thanks for reading Barb! It was an amazing journey! :classic_biggrin:

On 6/25/2019 at 5:14 PM, roxierox said:

Thanks for the wonderful review. I always look forward to them and this one did not disappoint! Will be watching for your next one! Take care!

Thanks so much! Glad to have you along. 😎

Thanks for another fun and detailed cruise review, Jeff and Patti! Hawaii is so beautiful, isn't it? I've been to Oahu and the Big Island on land trips and would love to do a cruise to see other islands some day.

Heather

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SenatorsFan said:

Thanks for another fun and detailed cruise review, Jeff and Patti! Hawaii is so beautiful, isn't it? I've been to Oahu and the Big Island on land trips and would love to do a cruise to see other islands some day.

Heather

Hey Heather! Thanks for following along again. :classic_cool:

13 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Another thanks and congratulations 🙂 I look forward to sailing with you and Patty on the Bermuda leg of your September cruise.

Glad you enjoyed the review. See you on the Sunrise! Looking forward to it despite the somewhat negative reviews. :classic_cool:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Glad you enjoyed the review. See you on the Sunrise! Looking forward to it despite the somewhat negative reviews. :classic_cool:

Good morning Jeff and Patti - another great review.  We just got off the Sunrise and it was fine.  There were a few glitches but we enjoyed ourselves. Pools are very crowded.  If you want to swim you should get there before 8:00 AM.  It gets crowded after that. We had Guy's Burgers three times and the longest we waited was maybe 5 minutes.  The tightest place we saw was near Guys where you get iced tea, lemonade - barely can pass. Had dinner at MDR every night - prime rib, vegetable lasagna and lamb very good.  Desserts were just OK (desserts at Lido very good). Lido was crowded. We went twice for lunch but line moved and we got seats. People were very nice, both cruisers and staff.  Embarkation and Debarkation went very smoothly. Enjoy your September cruise!!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jimbri said:

Good morning Jeff and Patti - another great review.  We just got off the Sunrise and it was fine.  There were a few glitches but we enjoyed ourselves. Pools are very crowded.  If you want to swim you should get there before 8:00 AM.  It gets crowded after that. We had Guy's Burgers three times and the longest we waited was maybe 5 minutes.  The tightest place we saw was near Guys where you get iced tea, lemonade - barely can pass. Had dinner at MDR every night - prime rib, vegetable lasagna and lamb very good.  Desserts were just OK (desserts at Lido very good). Lido was crowded. We went twice for lunch but line moved and we got seats. People were very nice, both cruisers and staff.  Embarkation and Debarkation went very smoothly. Enjoy your September cruise!!

Thank you so much for stopping by and posting this information! It seems that the main issue is crowding, but after so many cruises we know how to time things out and avoid the crowds. As always, we will have a great time no matter what. Glad you enjoyed your cruise. :classic_biggrin:

15 hours ago, Princess Cruiser27 said:

Another great review Jeff and Patti. Loved all the photos. I also use Exucar for my Limo Service when I sail out of San Pedro. 

Glad you enjoyed the review Barb. Our next adventure begins in two months! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Wow!!  What a fantastic review!  Thanks so much for sharing your cruise experiences.  My husband and I want to be like Jeff and Patti when we grow up.... (I think we're close to your age, but would love to cruise like you do😊!)

Quick question... I saw that you mentioned sending an email to the maitre d..... how do you find the correct email address?

Thanks so much!  And happy belated anniversary!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:22 PM, flwinejunkie said:

Wow!!  What a fantastic review!  Thanks so much for sharing your cruise experiences.  My husband and I want to be like Jeff and Patti when we grow up.... (I think we're close to your age, but would love to cruise like you do😊!)

Quick question... I saw that you mentioned sending an email to the maitre d..... how do you find the correct email address?

Thanks so much!  And happy belated anniversary!

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, and thank you for your kind words. If you want to request something from the maitre'd, email them a week or so before your cruise, The email address is XXmaitred@ carnival.com Replace the "XX" with the two character ship code.

BR Breeze
CQ Conquest
DR Dream
EC Ecstasy
EL Elation
FA Fantasy
FD Freedom
FS Fascination
GL Glory

HZ Horizon
IM Imagination
IS Inspiration
LE Legend
LI Liberty
MC Magic
MI Miracle
PA Paradise
PR Pride
SE Sensation
SL Splendor
SP Spirit
SH Sunshine
SN Sunrise
VA Valor
VI Victory

VS Vista

Edited by Jamman54

16 hours ago, Kankakee Kid said:

Jamman you should start a you tube channel. Great cruise reviews there. You’d be a natural. Rarely get on CC anymore. 

Thanks! That's something I'll look into. :classic_cool:

16 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, and thank you for your kind words. If you want to request something from the maitre'd, email them a week or so before your cruise, The email address is XXmaitred@ carnival.com Replace the "XX" with the two character ship code.

Many thanks again Jeff for sharing your knowledge and experiences with us!

• Like 1