Atmosphere in September for Oasis class

I've only cruised in the summer months (June-July). Oasis of Seas was pretty fun and the atmosphere was great when we sailed. We did all the events at night and people were enjoying themselves having fun.

How is the atmosphere in September for Oasis class (allure specifically 8th september)? Is it a much older audience like 65+? My wife and I were 30 when we last sailed Oasis of Seas, and we had our daughter with us. I'm asking for a friend who is in his 30s that wants to go on his first cruise with his girlfriend. He likes a good atmosphere and energy.

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes, older...since kids are back in school.  Since you also mentioned atmosphere....you could be looking at hurricanes if sailing one of the large ladies out of Florida in September.  

Yes, he would be sailing on September 8 out of Ft Lauderdale to st maarten, puerto rico and haiti.

6 minutes ago, xps15z said:

Yes, he would be sailing on September 8 out of Ft Lauderdale to st maarten, puerto rico and haiti.

Ahh...hopefully no big storms then.  But our luck has not been very good lately down here.  😞 

I'm on the Oasis of the Seas on September 8th (admittedly in a different region entirely to Allure) but booked this because in Europe most schools will have gone back.

I am 37 travelling with my 32 year old, 39 year old and 42 year old friends. All people who aren't old but didn't want to travel in peak Summer time for extra cost and to be surrounded by other peoples children.

Edited by JP82
Spelling
  • Like 2

Just now, island lady said:

Ahh...hopefully no big storms then.  But our luck has not been very good lately down here.  😞 

Yeah I have been warning him of that and told him to do some research. It's his first cruise and I believe they may be going with a group of people. They see how much cheaper it is for the month of September, but I feel like it's risky as I want nothing but the best weather and no rocking of the ship when I cruise.

Just now, xps15z said:

Yeah I have been warning him of that and told him to do some research. It's his first cruise and I believe they may be going with a group of people. They see how much cheaper it is for the month of September, but I feel like it's risky as I want nothing but the best weather and no rocking of the ship when I cruise.

And hence the reason for being cheaper during that month. 😉  

Just now, island lady said:

And hence the reason for being cheaper during that month. 😉  

For regular vacations sometimes I wait until the week of or even the day of before I book the hotel just because I don't want to be rained out at the beach.

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

Smart...though seems so many cruises and other vacation places are booking up earlier than usual.  I am frustrated trying to book some things I want...even a year in advance.  😞  

Well I just booked my cruise on Monday for a June sailing. The sad part is the rates were 800-900 last year around June and July. But I wasn't sure I was cruising this year or the next, I just knew I was going on Symphony eventually. With taxes and gratuity I paid 1,339.5 per person. I'm hoping with some potential cashback that I can get additional $200 knock off each person. I couldn't wait until 2020 because we found out my wife is expecting, which means I'll have to drop another thousand to bring another baby if I sail anytime after this year. So its safe to say we'll be moving to the smaller ships in the future or a different line lol.

There still seems to be a good amount of rooms left on Symphony for June. I'm hoping to possibly get an upgraded room (haven't qualified for Royal Up yet) from our neighborhood balcony. I have price alert on harmony for end of this month and there's still rooms available.

Edited by xps15z

44 minutes ago, xps15z said:

Well I just booked my cruise on Monday for a June sailing. The sad part is the rates were 800-900 last year around June and July. But I wasn't sure I was cruising this year or the next, I just knew I was going on Symphony eventually. With taxes and gratuity I paid 1,339.5 per person. I'm hoping with some potential cashback that I can get additional $200 knock off each person. I couldn't wait until 2020 because we found out my wife is expecting, which means I'll have to drop another thousand to bring another baby if I sail anytime after this year. So its safe to say we'll be moving to the smaller ships in the future or a different line lol.

There still seems to be a good amount of rooms left on Symphony for June. I'm hoping to possibly get an upgraded room (haven't qualified for Royal Up yet) from our neighborhood balcony. I have price alert on harmony for end of this month and there's still rooms available.

Congrats on the upcoming baby!  🙂  And happy cruising...whenever you end up booking. 

It’s really hard to say. We have done the same week several years on Oasis and the crowd can vary drastically from year to year and sailing to sailing. It’s honestly luck of the draw but you will likely see less families. 

I mostly go in September on Oasis class ships , and there are a variety of ages , and the weather fortunately has

been favourable . 

Dazzles night club is usually well populated with lots of dancers of varying ages .

With 6000 passengers , you will probably find people your age on the ship .

6 hours ago, xps15z said:

I've only cruised in the summer months (June-July). Oasis of Seas was pretty fun and the atmosphere was great when we sailed. We did all the events at night and people were enjoying themselves having fun.

How is the atmosphere in September for Oasis class (allure specifically 8th september)? Is it a much older audience like 65+? My wife and I were 30 when we last sailed Oasis of Seas, and we had our daughter with us. I'm asking for a friend who is in his 30s that wants to go on his first cruise with his girlfriend. He likes a good atmosphere and energy.

Are you in a Full Suite?  If so, the SL/CK will be loaded with P’s. 

Ask @Andy C about his experience. 

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Are you in a Full Suite?  If so, the SL/CK will be loaded with P’s. 

Ask @Andy C about his experience. 

Are they traveling in a suite?  I'm not sure they are.  

By the way Rory, we just booked a suite on DCL.  Curious to see how it stacks up.  No dedicated suite restaurant though.  At least I am guaranteed no NSPPs.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Are they traveling in a suite?  I'm not sure they are.  

By the way Rory, we just booked a suite on DCL.  Curious to see how it stacks up.  No dedicated suite restaurant though.  At least I am guaranteed no NSPPs.  

We had been sailing 4-6 cruises a year on Royal until our last experience on Harmony and the SL/CK with high number of P’s. We did a 14 day land vacation to Israel and a long weekend in NOLA. Not interested in going back to Royal until such time they no longer water the Suite experience down in SL/CK. 

We might try Celebrity Suite experience. 

• Like 1