Our life on the Edge, 28 April 2019 TA, some photos & video

Silkroad

16 hours ago, SharonK said:

I’m loving reading your review! We will be on the April 2020 TA on Edge so trying to learn all I can about the ship.

One thing I can say is that I loved all the ports and enjoyed the food, friendship and taking photos.  You will enjoy your TA on Edge...

1D6A326A-2B06-4681-8E13-A620A5325CC2.jpeg

AC4EB2FE-311F-400F-AB22-7539CE504A1B.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lastdance said:

One thing I can say is that I loved all the ports and enjoyed the food, friendship and taking photos.  You will enjoy your TA on Edge...

Thanks for posting these photos, Suzy! I was just about to ask you if I could post your shot of the Martini Bar, and lo, it appeared🌺

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Those chairs look pretty low to the ground. Beautiful and fun-looking, but not great for those of us with knee and hip issues.

23 hours ago, vtcruising said:

11 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

1D6A326A-2B06-4681-8E13-A620A5325CC2.jpeg

DH and I would love to do a TA but unfortunately the timings don’t work for us. Maybe sometime in the future...🤔

I am sorry,Devon Antigua, that you have those issues, but one size never fits all.  I was able to sit in one, but since I am short, it was not a great fit for me, but I was looking at it through a colorful and not just a functional lens...life is not perfect and we have to find what works best for us and enjoy as much as we can.   Edge was not built from a sense of practicality...

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

I do not have any issues with them. Why are you saying that.? It is a fact. The are wider, not in the sitting area. Outside arm to arm. They take up a lot of room. So there are less patrons at the bar. Bars normally do not have those kind of chars because of that.

All photos are awesome...

Anyone try the Art Scavenger hunt? Looks like it might be to promote art sales but a  real hunt  would be fun...I want you all on my team!

• Thanks 2

We chose to explore King's Wharf on our own, and we were fortunate to have a lovely day. We first walked to National Museum of Bermuda, which includes the fortress keep of the Royal Naval Dockyard, casement barracks, and the NW rampart.  We enjoyed the commissioner's house and exhibition halls, all located on the beautiful fortress keep grounds above the sea. 

On the way, we passed beautiful scenes like this:

20190501_103640.jpg

Edited by Silkroad

18 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Martini bar. very wide seats. Not that many if you do not get there in time you do not get a seat.

9 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

I do not have any issues with them. Why are you saying that.? It is a fact. The are wider, not in the sitting area. Outside arm to arm. They take up a lot of room. So there are less patrons at the bar. Bars normally do not have those kind of chars because of that.

No one is saying that you have issues with them.  I meant to quote someone, but it did not work, so I had to go back and insert the name.  Please do not think I was doing anything but that, because you would be incorrect...

12 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Bermuda is a very beautiful place. We loved our tour and so much information about it. Just a bit expensive.

Yes, Bermuda is expensive, but the beauty is so captivating...were you on this TA?  I was on it and had a great tour also...

6743EDA5-6727-4C62-9946-47F056C2F273.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

Those chairs look pretty low to the ground. Beautiful and fun-looking, but not great for those of us with knee and hip issues.

I agree. many seats on that ship are totally uncomfortable. low to the ground and the backs are to far back. 

We dined with two of our friends in Normandie, and though our meals were very good, as was the service, this meal wasn't as pleasant as the previous two MDR meals had been. Normandie was very crowded that night, and there was confusion about our reservation. We can't fault the restaurant staff. We simply chose a chaotic night to dine there.

After our meal, we went to the theater to get seats for the 9:30 show. Two extremely talented cellists (Cello 2 Cello) put on a fantastic show. They played both classical & contemporary selections. I grew up in a musical family, and played violin as a child, so I know how difficult it is to master a string instrument (a mastery I never achieved, but I've never lost my appreciation for beautiful string music). One cellist played an acoustic cello, while the other played an electric cello. An edgy solo by the electric cellist knocked my proverbial socks off. I was so mesmerized by this entire performance that I didn't think to video any of it.

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I found this extraordinarily beautiful mural inside the Commissioner's House. I can't possibly do it justice with a few photos, but you'll get the idea🙂

20190501_111412.jpg

20190501_111547.jpg

20190501_111359.jpg

20190501_111612.jpg

Thank you  for this ..We have done so much in Bermuda but never this..Definitely now part of our Summit plan..

Cello performance sounds awesome.. I played violin through hs but did not have any real talent so I quit..Still love music  and esp strings

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

After our meal, we went to the theater to get seats for the 9:30 show. Two extremely talented cellists (Cello 2 Cello) put on a fantastic show. They played both classical & contemporary selections. I grew up in a musical family, and played violin as a child, so I know how difficult it is to master a string instrument (a mastery I never achieved, but I've never lost my appreciation for beautiful string music). One cellist played an acoustic cello, while the other played an electric cello. An edgy solo by the electric cellist knocked my proverbial socks off. I was so mesmerized by this entire performance that I didn't think to video any of it.

Both Cellists were great. The one on the electric Cello was playing so vivaciously she literally broke a string during that solo and just kept on going!

• Like 2